Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Recommendations for a shop that does a proper tranny oil flush

Old 08-10-2017, 09:07 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Yes...always been hydraulic. Electric steering makes it feel like a golf cart. DAS at least gives some type of feed back and guys seem to be able to adjust to it a lot better than the numbness of electric steering.

Stock for stock, the 3.7 is faster and the VQ beats the snot out of the VR in proven long term reliability. Anytime FI is introduced in the mix you open yourself up for problems. Will something happen? Probably not, but the increased risk is there. I've heard of a couple Red Sport guys blowing their motors already with just 2-3 bolt-ons but the potential is definitely there. I think once guys have had a chance to fine tune the aftermarket for them, they will start to wake up.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:36 AM
G37S-K52
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few years back I took it to Infiniti of Riverside who refused to do the service they were also kind of rude. I called up Infiniti of Escondido and they said of course they would do it. Looks like I paid $239 parts (fluid) and labor.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:01 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Yes...always been hydraulic. Electric steering makes it feel like a golf cart. DAS at least gives some type of feed back and guys seem to be able to adjust to it a lot better than the numbness of electric steering.

Stock for stock, the 3.7 is faster and the VQ beats the snot out of the VR in proven long term reliability. Anytime FI is introduced in the mix you open yourself up for problems. Will something happen? Probably not, but the increased risk is there. I've heard of a couple Red Sport guys blowing their motors already with just 2-3 bolt-ons but the potential is definitely there. I think once guys have had a chance to fine tune the aftermarket for them, they will start to wake up.
I will say, the 3.0T does feel faster due to the low end torque, but the VQ does pull harder on the top end and revs higher
Old 08-24-2017, 06:10 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I bought my IPL from riverside. They shorted me floor mats. No joke, car did not come with floor mats. I noticed the next day and they said nothing they could do about it. Will never get a car there again.

I think I paid a fair dealer price for the car and there were also some cosmetic imperfections that they did not tell me about. My fault I didn't notice, but tells you something about the moral culture of this stealership. You live and learn.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:41 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by G37S-K52
A few years back I took it to Infiniti of Riverside who refused to do the service they were also kind of rude. I called up Infiniti of Escondido and they said of course they would do it. Looks like I paid $239 parts (fluid) and labor.
I recently had mine done for $185 at Metro Infiniti, in Monrovia. Not sure if that's still a deal, but it seems to have been done well.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:13 AM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by bPChaos
I recently had mine done for $185 at Metro Infiniti, in Monrovia. Not sure if that's still a deal, but it seems to have been done well.
Was it just a simple drain and refill? Did they use the matic-s fluid? $185 seems on the cheap side.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:11 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Likely just a drain and refill, but confirmed with Matic-S. I think they typically charge somewhere in the $230 range, but I've been a long time customer there.

Search this Thread