Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tint fix it ticket..

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Solidus
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by VeXeD
Never had to show the tint being removed, check this ....remember as I have metioned in other posts each window is a fine.... Call Box: Florida law governs how dark you can tint your car windows | members.jacksonville.com

That whole ticket for each window is bunk , at least in Orange County. We had one enterprising individual attempt to write multiple cites and they were taken under advisement. The outcome set a local precedent that writing a citation for each window violated the spirit of the law. Besides being douchebaggery in it's purest form. Something to consider is the calibration of a tint meter or whether the cite was issued based on SWAG. (Scientific Wild A$$ Guess ) I know we quit calibrating them maybe 4-5yrs ago. I personally never wanted to use one so all I had done every 6 months was my laser and radar units.

Either way I always encourage people to contest cites unless they were just doing something super stupid. Because you have at least 50/50 odds and worst case you can always ask for a "Withhold" if things go to crap. Unless you were brain cramping during the stop, 99% of officers don't care as long as they win the case. Hell , withholds are how traffic lawyers make their money. Keep it in your pocket and ask on your own.