Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tint fix it ticket..

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Instead of dealing with fines, fake notes, getting pulled over regularly, bubbling, streaks, squeaks, etc., why not just go with the current law:

California Tint Law

It’s really not that bad, and you’ll feel better and see better, especially at night.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 PM
samskillz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering how long until some would post something like that on here, I hate driving my gf"s car with no tint during the day with the sun and all and at night on the freeway. It just seems ridiculous probably because my cars have been tinted since I got my license at 16 I'm just not used to it. I'll take a ticket every 4 years for my tint. I love it!!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not against tint. I’m just against illegal tint. These laws, IMO, exist for a reason. What would be ridiculous to me would be the senseless killing of someone because a driver, wearing the equivalent of dark sunglasses at night, didn’t quite see the other person in time.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 PM
samskillz

I agree with you on that but i dont really think thats the main reason why its illegal, My neighbor is a cop and has talked to me about it. He mainly says that cops can feel threatened if they pull you over and cant see in your car, because who knows if you have a gun in the back seat waiting for them. Which is completely understandable. I agree with and understand that, or even being to dark to see someone as you stated can be a problem. Though in Cali all tint no matter how dark is illegal on the 2 front windows. Though i did see my first windshield tinting and the irvine meet a while back. Ive always had the darkest tint i could find usually around 4% and ive gotten one ticket.

The Cop told me out of respect for the cops when you see one or pull up to one roll your windows down so he can see you and chances are he wont give you a ticket for it. Though that completely backfired on me last month when i got pulled over for trying to be a "smart a$$" says the cop that gave me a ticket thinking i was trying to pull a quick one on him by rolling my windows down as soon as i saw him.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:42 PM
samskillz

I honestly dont know how he can drive that on the street without the first cop giving him a ticket, or at night lol
Old 03-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Rapture37

I just got a tint ticket also..
along with a speeding ticket. My radar dectector usually does wonders.. but he used a laser gun. the second my detector said laser i was done for. lol
now i gotta take my tint off too, get it signed off and put it back on the same day.
i cant go without tint.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:12 PM
samskillz

Damn that sucks how fast were you going? Did you roll your windows down when you saw his lights? My friend got a ticket for loud music lol and the cop told him to roll his windows up to see if he had tinted windows but he didn't lol...
Old 03-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Rapture37

well my dectector actually allowed me to slow down.. from about 80 to 75.. so he clocked me at 75 in a 65.. which is bs.. 10 over? really?
but yeah i saw him up on a dirt hill after my dectector went off..
my windows were down.. and he asked me to roll them up. then gave me a ticket for that too. ugh
Old 03-19-2009, 05:38 PM
jc562

i just got a ticket on monday leaving the golf and stuff meet off the 605 with a bunch of loud ricer gunning it down the street he gets me for tint oh well imma just take it off and get it darker next time
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 PM
g37mobbber

Originally Posted by samskillz
I agree with you on that but i dont really think thats the main reason why its illegal, My neighbor is a cop and has talked to me about it. He mainly says that cops can feel threatened if they pull you over and cant see in your car, because who knows if you have a gun in the back seat waiting for them. Which is completely understandable. I agree with and understand that, or even being to dark to see someone as you stated can be a problem. Though in Cali all tint no matter how dark is illegal on the 2 front windows. Though i did see my first windshield tinting and the irvine meet a while back. Ive always had the darkest tint i could find usually around 4% and ive gotten one ticket.

The Cop told me out of respect for the cops when you see one or pull up to one roll your windows down so he can see you and chances are he wont give you a ticket for it. Though that completely backfired on me last month when i got pulled over for trying to be a "smart a$$" says the cop that gave me a ticket thinking i was trying to pull a quick one on him by rolling my windows down as soon as i saw him.
dam bro your the one with that sick a$$ G...is that like 20 on the front?..i have sooooo many tint tickets for my limo on the front windows..but i can only imagine your windshield...that siht is dark.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:49 AM
G37nS2K

i got pulled over for a tint last thursday in Koreatown. luckily my brother in law is an officer of LAPD, and he let me go.......

for a fix ticket like that, you need to peel off the tint and get it inspected then pay like $10 for a processing fee then you are good
Old 06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
ElLayG37s

Just got my first fix it ticket, sucks! It was in la crescenta, but the cop was Glendale? I thought that was LAPD Territory! Anyways this cop says when he walks up, Oh hey you got the whole family with you ( My wife and 2 kids) and I'm like yeah? He says: I couldn't tell your windows are so dark. Just as I'm saying that this Black ford rolls by with super dark window and I'm like I know I'm not as sark as that guy! he gives me this funny look. I'm like great now I gotta go get it removed, I was reading through this thread and saw that you can pay a fine and not have it removed? is that a state or city law? Anyone know I will look in to it.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:51 PM
g37mobbber

Originally Posted by ElLayG37s
Just got my first fix it ticket, sucks! It was in la crescenta, but the cop was Glendale? I thought that was LAPD Territory! Anyways this cop says when he walks up, Oh hey you got the whole family with you ( My wife and 2 kids) and I'm like yeah? He says: I couldn't tell your windows are so dark. Just as I'm saying that this Black ford rolls by with super dark window and I'm like I know I'm not as sark as that guy! he gives me this funny look. I'm like great now I gotta go get it removed, I was reading through this thread and saw that you can pay a fine and not have it removed? is that a state or city law? Anyone know I will look in to it.
if you dont want to take it off it'll cost $160 and you dont have to take it off, if you do take it off the ticket it only $25, so if you can find a place to take it off and put it back on for cheaper than do that
Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM
samskillz

Naw thats not my G i have a 37 but i posted that just cause ive never seen a car like that on the road id imagine that hed get pulled over in a heart beat....

to the question of paying a fine i just got a tint ticket and it was 260 fine if i didnt want to remove it!! i know a shop thatll remove front windows and them put them back on for you for $40 its conoga park tiniting or something in Thousand oaks probably a 30 minute drive from where you got your ticket thousand oaks area i just paid my 25 with a signature last week
Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM
samskillz

Naw thats not my G i have a 37 but i posted that just cause ive never seen a car like that on the road id imagine that hed get pulled over in a heart beat....

to the question of paying a fine i just got a tint ticket and it was 260 fine if i didnt want to remove it!! i know a shop thatll remove front windows and them put them back on for you for $40 its conoga park tiniting or something in Thousand oaks probably a 30 minute drive from where you got your ticket thousand oaks area i just paid my 25 with a signature last week

Quick Reply: Tint fix it ticket..