SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Jacksonville: Discount Tire on Beach is great! Discount Tire on Philips is NOT!!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jacksonville: Discount Tire on Beach is great! Discount Tire on Philips is NOT!!

Hey all,

Just figured I would give you the heads up if you're in the Jacksonville area and ever need any tire mounting/balancing work.

At first, I had decided to check out the Discount Tire on Philips Hwy given their location relative to where I live, only to find out that they were charging me $85 more than anyone else within the same chain (outrageous total of $225 for mounting and balancing), without a reason. They lied straight up by saying they needed to charge that much in order to back up any possible damage to expensive wheels (lie), they also said that their price sheet specified so (lie), and they even went as far as saying that they are the best in town (lie, it's not like they walk on water), which was given as another reason as to why they were charging so much more. The guys that orchestrated the scam were named Sam, Paul, and David.

After a simple phone call to the Discount Tire on Beach Blvd, I was quickly informed that I was being over charged and that the service's true value is $140. I then informed the guys on Philips Hwy that I was picking up my tires and taking them to the other location since they did not want to bulge on the quoted price. One of the guys (David to be exact), immediately picked up the phone and tried to get the guys at the other store to charge me as much as he was trying to charge me, and assured me that they wouldn't do it for less - even when I had the other guys on the phone reassuring that they wouldn't charge a penny over $140. He also went as far as saying that the guy who quoted me was new and had no idea what he was talking about (lie) - go figure, the guy who quoted me had actually been a manager at another Discount Tire. In short, stay away from these incompetent idiots.

Now to the good part - the guy that quoted me at the Beach Blvd location, Bryan, is a very friendly and knowledgeable individual. He was quick to tell me that I was being ripped off, and guaranteed I would not experience such thing at the shop where he works. In fact, he offered and performed the entire work himself, right as I stood there and watched. The mounting/balancing of my new wheels and tires could not have gone more perfect, and I have nothing but great things to say about this place. Very highly recommended, as I plan on remaining loyal to them. He even showed me the price sheet and explained how the other retards should have really quoted me.

It's incredible how the people that run a business can make an actual difference. Two shops of the same name, different people, completely different experiences!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:03 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree. I am a Discount Tire customer but there are Discount Tire stores I will never want to visit. Some lie without even blinking their eyes.

I once needed to swap out 2 damaged rims, and they charged me money to un-mount AND mount the tires. Not much money, but what they did made sure I'd never visit the store again.

I am glad it worked out for ya.