MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback & Suggestions (https://www.myg37.com/forums/site-feedback-and-suggestions-51/)
-   -   Location, Location, Location. (https://www.myg37.com/forums/site-feedback-and-suggestions/237676-location-location-location.html)

TVPostSound 07-12-2012 10:38 AM

Location, Location, Location.

Members should be urged to have their city and state posted.
It helps in the classifieds, and also knowing someone who needs help is in your area, can make it easier to offer live help.

RaulGCustom 07-12-2012 11:53 AM

yeah, I get it, but I still get asked, "where are you located?" when selling $hit! People are just lazy, can't fix that!

Black Betty 07-12-2012 01:45 PM

We don't make people list their location out of respect to their privacy and because many like the anonymity the internet provides (particularly douchebags). However ALL classified listings are supposed to list location of the item being sold. As a staff we probably haven't done a good enough job of enforcing that requirement. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, I will take a look at it more closely from here on out.

Chekov 07-12-2012 02:20 PM

It also helps to have the members’ model, year and mods listed in their signatures, as answers to help questions often vary based on equipment differences.

Black Betty 07-12-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chekov (Post 3487375)
It also helps to have the members’ model, year and mods listed in their signatures, as answers to help questions often vary based on equipment differences.

Signatures are an individual thing, some don't even care to have them at all while others want something other than their car information there. When placing a classified on the forum the seller must input the part's model compatibility which shows in the header of the posting. It also displays on the first post of each subsequent page of the listing. Keep in mind that people sell things besides G37 parts or may be selling a part that doesn't fit their current G so knowing what they drive might not help at all. Users should always state exactly what model the parts being sold fits.

TVPostSound 07-15-2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3487342)
We don't make people list their location out of respect to their privacy and because many like the anonymity the internet provides (particularly douchebags).

I hear you on that, but I don't feel that myg37.com was meant as an "anonymous" forum rather a community.
We have common cars, share ideas etc!

Black Betty 07-15-2012 10:57 PM

You don't feel that way, but trust me when I tell you that a number of members here go to great lengths to remain anonymous (or at least try to). Everyone's comfort level is different in what they want to share with the world. If they are selling donething then yes they list definitely need to post the item location. Beyond that it's everyone's individual choice.