"Free" non-sport sedan front lip

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Sedan
Location (State/Prov): MS
Item Condition: Used

Hello all,

About 1 or 2 months ago I got a good deal on ebay for a non-oem front lip for my non-sport G37 sedan (I only paid $70). Then I bought the matching paint from automotivetouchup and painted it myself. However, being an amateur I didn't do a good job at painting. Now the paint is chipping off very easily. I do not want to repaint the lip myself nor do I want to pay the bodyshop do it because they ask for ~$300 to repaint it. I decided to order a painted one from an infiniti dealer. With that being said, I'm giving away my old front lip once I get the new one. Whoever wants it just has to pay for shipping (You do not have to pay until I'm ready to ship). Last time I checked, UPS quoted me ~$60 to ship the lip. Please note that the this lip is a little longer than the bumper on the passenger side so it makes a little gap about 1/3 of an inch. You can see in the picture. If no ones one to get this, I'll have to throw it away.

Here is how it looks:

And here is the gap that I'm talking about:

I know it was a waste of money for me but I did at least learn about painting from it.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:33 PM
black_sedan
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im sure someone would have gladly paid for that lip from you even with the chipped paint. Rather than order a new one, why not just have a body shop strip it and respray it?
Old 11-23-2015, 10:37 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by black_sedan
Im sure someone would have gladly paid for that lip from you even with the chipped paint. Rather than order a new one, why not just have a body shop strip it and respray it?
I thought about that too but the bodyshops where I live asked too much to repaint it. Almost as much as the price of the new pre-painted OEM lip.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:50 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I may take it off your hands. Can you PM me more pics of how bad the fitment is on the side. I am thinking I may be able to work that end on to bumper cover but need better pics.
Thanks
Old 11-29-2015, 11:14 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
he said it's already spoken for
Old 11-29-2015, 05:42 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
I may take it off your hands. Can you PM me more pics of how bad the fitment is on the side. I am thinking I may be able to work that end on to bumper cover but need better pics.
Thanks
Originally Posted by botlfed98
he said it's already spoken for
Yea, Tony (Born2lse) has claimed it first. If he backs out once I got the spoiler off my car, I will let you guys know. Thanks for your interest. By the way, the fitment is ok IMO, unless you are OCD about it
Old 11-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Slayerg37

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
WOW! awsome deal to whoever got it. I also got mine from ebay and had the same gap... just get a knife or grit or whatever youd like and you can cut the little plastic in the middle or trim it down... I did that and worked amazing. Just a little FIY to who got it..and 300 to paint?! I payed 60$ to paint mine and its Blue Slate.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:59 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Slayerg37
WOW! awsome deal to whoever got it. I also got mine from ebay and had the same gap... just get a knife or grit or whatever youd like and you can cut the little plastic in the middle or trim it down... I did that and worked amazing. Just a little FIY to who got it..and 300 to paint?! I payed 60$ to paint mine and its Blue Slate.
I would've not bought it if I knew they wanted that much just to paint it. Thought I should've get a quote before I bought the spoiler. Oh well, good for whoever got it!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:17 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

2 people backed out because shipping was expensive. I got a quote of $74.41 from UPS to ship this spoiler. If anyone is still interested, let me know. If no one takes it by the end of next week I'll throw it away to make some room in my garage.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:17 AM
kevinmward
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i cant believe this is still here lol
Old 12-17-2015, 11:21 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
For me the biggest issue is the old paint. If it were unpainted I'd be all over it. You said the paint began peeling so to me all the old paint needs to come off in order to get the new paint to stick and last.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:41 AM
GFTW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jfisher
For me the biggest issue is the old paint. If it were unpainted I'd be all over it. You said the paint began peeling so to me all the old paint needs to come off in order to get the new paint to stick and last.
You're total correct. I figured it would cost more to strip the old paint and repaint it. Seems like I will have to throw it away. Btw, I really like the OEM spoiler because it fits like a glove. Highly recommend the OEM if you can afford it.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:41 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
If this fit my 07 i'd get it from you, but i'm pretty sure it won't.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:07 PM
flyng_fool
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I PM'd you but I didn't hear back. Would you consider shipping via Greyhound? I would take it if you would do that.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:11 AM
GFTW
Registered Member

Hey sorry for the late response. I can ship via Greyhound but I have to call them to find out if they do shipping at my greyhound location. I just did a quick estimate on greyhound website and it would cost about $55.

Quick Reply: FS "Free" non-sport sedan front lip