Notices
G37 Sedan

Engine bay love

Old 06-11-2019, 10:43 PM
  #16  
Evorus5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 54
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed these the day before I got hit and totaled the car.
Took them off to keep, I also have a TS oil cap to match.
Your engine bay is looking good !
Evorus5 is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:49 PM
  #17  
IMfam0us
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evorus5 View Post

I installed these the day before I got hit and totaled the car.
Took them off to keep, I also have a TS oil cap to match.
Your engine bay is looking good !
Oh man the day before it got hit 😭😭😭 I know the pain...my first v36 got totaled out...sad day. I was looking at a ts oil cap but man....I couldnt come to spend the money on it. Definitely a gorgeous piece and your bay looked really good!
IMfam0us is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:10 PM
  #18  
Evorus5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 54
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by IMfam0us View Post
Oh man the day before it got hit 😭😭😭 I know the pain...my first v36 got totaled out...sad day. I was looking at a ts oil cap but man....I couldnt come to spend the money on it. Definitely a gorgeous piece and your bay looked really good!
Thanks man, I plan to find another q60 soon so I can use all my other parts. At the time that I bought the items I had work a couple ot shifts and that extra cash helped. Otherwise it would've hurt my bank lol
Not an engine bay part but I was able to source 2 nismo titanium shift ***** and machine one so that I can fit a TS badge on it.


Evorus5 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:51 AM
  #19  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,641
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,228 Posts
Originally Posted by IMfam0us View Post
I think I just realized what I'm looking at, and it's not a trick of light. Those are scuff marks in the matte surface on your Soul Function FSTB after rubbing against the sound-deadening panel on the underside of the hood. Gee, that sucks. I don't know of any way to fix that other than having your FSTB bead-blasted and powder coated. Then remove the panel and go commando. It's OK to ditch that sound-deadening panel.

You could paint those FSTB brackets to match your engine cover... that would look good, IMO. Certainly better than robbin egg blue. That blue is just wrong.

Normally I'm not keen on the Stillen stickers on the intake mid-pipes, but with your engine cover painted maroon, it's looks pretty cool.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-12-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Rochester is online now  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:03 AM
  #20  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,641
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,228 Posts
Originally Posted by Evorus5 View Post
Not an engine bay part but I was able to source 2 nismo titanium shift ***** and machine one so that I can fit a TS badge on it.

That Top Secret stick-on does look good. Cudos for making it fit.

Of course, now you have two shift patterns, one on the **** and one on the trim, which is kind of silly. Thinking of doing something with the trim piece?
Rochester is online now  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:51 AM
  #21  
IMfam0us
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evorus5 View Post
Thanks man, I plan to find another q60 soon so I can use all my other parts. At the time that I bought the items I had work a couple ot shifts and that extra cash helped. Otherwise it would've hurt my bank lol
Not an engine bay part but I was able to source 2 nismo titanium shift ***** and machine one so that I can fit a TS badge on it.

Shift **** looks great man, that's one thing I really want to change out for my interior. Just not dead set on which one I want to go with yet.
IMfam0us is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:58 AM
  #22  
IMfam0us
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
I think I just realized what I'm looking at, and it's not a trick of light. Those are scuff marks in the matte surface on your Soul Function FSTB after rubbing against the sound-deadening panel on the underside of the hood. Gee, that sucks. I don't know of any way to fix that other than having your FSTB bead-blasted and powder coated. Then remove the panel and go commando. It's OK to ditch that sound-deadening panel.

You could paint those FSTB brackets to match your engine cover... that would look good, IMO. Certainly better than robbin egg blue. That blue is just wrong.

Normally I'm not keen on the Stillen stickers on the intake mid-pipes, but with your engine cover painted maroon, it's looks pretty cool.
I know it sucks!!! I tried setting the bar as low as I felt comfortable to it sitting above the engine cover and saw the marks a month later. Plan on redoing it and matching the the ends to the engine cover. It's on the list to do some where aha I just installed my new front splitter. Side splitters are next. And I have a top secret style rear diffuser but I'm debating on it. I need to trim some material off the sides and the lower back area to make it work with my exhaust. Then fab the brackets plus paint for it as well. Idk if I will have time for it this season though.
IMfam0us is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:12 AM
  #23  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,641
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,228 Posts
Years ago, after a few months with my GT-Spec FSTB, I noticed the clear coat finish was getting worn off in the same spots as yours. Unfortunately, there was no where lower to go with the bar, since it was already about 1/8" over the engine cover. So I removed the sound deadening panel on the underside of the hood, and problem solved. I also removed all the clear-coat off the FSTB, right down to the polished aluminum surface, which I keep polished throughout the year.

Related to clearance between the FSTB and the engine cover... I recently discovered after installation of Z1 motor mounts that my engine was actually lowered 1/2". Now I've got all kinds of room above and below the bar.
Rochester is online now  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:19 PM
  #24  
Evorus5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 54
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
That Top Secret stick-on does look good. Cudos for making it fit.

Of course, now you have two shift patterns, one on the **** and one on the trim, which is kind of silly. Thinking of doing something with the trim piece?
Well at the moment I no longer have the car, but when I do get another cv36 I'll probably try to do some type of badge with a spare trim piece with the TS logo
Evorus5 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 06:01 PM
  #25  
4DRZ
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 3,158
Received 317 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by Evorus5 View Post

I installed these the day before I got hit and totaled the car.
Took them off to keep, I also have a TS oil cap to match.
Your engine bay is looking good !
That sucks that you totaled your car. Do you still have these carbon pieces and are they still looking for a G37 to go onto?
4DRZ is online now  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:41 PM
  #26  
Evorus5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 54
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
That sucks that you totaled your car. Do you still have these carbon pieces and are they still looking for a G37 to go onto?
I still have these, and yeah they're looking for a new g/q to go into... My next one lol
Evorus5 is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:08 PM
  #27  
4DRZ
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 3,158
Received 317 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by Evorus5 View Post
I still have these, and yeah they're looking for a new g/q to go into... My next one lol
So they are not for sale?
4DRZ is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
NeverBoneStock
Body Interior Exterior Lighting
491
08-10-2018 10:24 AM
dfinedjer
Northern California
1
08-04-2009 11:16 AM
Skyline-LEXY
Body Interior Exterior Lighting
16
03-14-2009 01:37 PM
Black Betty
Car Care & Detailing
20
07-13-2008 12:51 AM
BigJohnson
Car Care & Detailing
6
02-29-2008 10:31 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine bay love


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.