Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Synolimit

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
CNC bored 63mm OEM throttle bodies, PnP Upper and Lower manifolds

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $485
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Coupe, 2010+ G37 Sedan, 2008-2009 G37 Coupe, 2008-2009 G37 Sedan
Location (State/Prov): OH
Item Condition: Used

I'm not a sponsoring vendor here and I'm no longer allowed to solicit business here without becoming one. The store is closed.

Last edited by Black Betty; 03-20-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Synolimit

Edit....

Last edited by Synolimit; 09-06-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:46 PM
hc_416
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so what are you selling just the two throttle body's? or the whole set. Wouldn't you need the whole set to make it work?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Rob's-G37s
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
The assumption is that larger diameters and higher flows are desirable, but what is the real overall effect? Are there dyno graphs or other objective information available to gauge effectiveness of this mod?

Also, because this engine uses the throttles primarily for emissions purposes and idle speed control, doesn't the significantly increased internal diameter cause problems for the idle control system? Do you need an UPREV tune or similar in order for the car to idle correctly?

I'm interested in these throttle bodies... but I want to understand dynamic effects first.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Synolimit

Originally Posted by hc_416
so what are you selling just the two throttle body's? or the whole set. Wouldn't you need the whole set to make it work?
Really? Brother all I talk about are the TB's. I even broke the price down clear as a bell. And I just showed the other parts and wrote "just a FYI."

No you don't need everything. Like I said the TB's are now port matched to the manifold. You don't need a motor back exhaust or a full intake system to make something work. You get the most gains if you do but drop in filters or tests pipes work ok on their own.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Solidus
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Synolimit,
This is a good project but have you run it yet? The reason I ask is because I did similar on the VK56 in the Titan by switching to the LS7 TB. It went from 70mm to 90mm. In the Titan community it's called the FT90 mod. This mod required immediate idle reset and an E-tune to turn off codes brought on by the increase in airflow. Just wondering if you've already run it because of this. The project you're doing with the manifold also follows along the lines of the completion of my project where we simply grafted the snout of an LS3 manifold to the Titan manifold . I noted significant gains with it. 6000lb+ 4 door 4x4 Titan with a 5 second 0-60. Of course that was with JWT cams, a stall , headers and launching in 4hi.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Synolimit

Originally Posted by Rob's-G37s
The assumption is that larger diameters and higher flows are desirable, but what is the real overall effect? Are there dyno graphs or other objective information available to gauge effectiveness of this mod?

Also, because this engine uses the throttles primarily for emissions purposes and idle speed control, doesn't the significantly increased internal diameter cause problems for the idle control system? Do you need an UPREV tune or similar in order for the car to idle correctly?

I'm interested in these throttle bodies... but I want to understand dynamic effects first.
Well if you check out any car on any platform you'll see increase in power from a TB mod!! I'll have some soon for the VQHR though.

I don't know how else to say the TB's run like stock. Like I said " reassembled to the point where the car will run like stock without having to adjust the idle screw or adjust the idle within the tune!!!" I don't know how else to explain it.

I'll have a dyno soon. Plus the sets I've sold so far will dyno also.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 PM
hc_416
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ask because this is from the370z forums. If I remember correct you were selling a whole system, and you even dyno'ed it. I don't see the dyno graphs and your only selling the body's. I just wanted to ask why... I was thinking about it....
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Synolimit

Originally Posted by hc_416
I ask because this is from the370z forums. If I remember correct you were selling a whole system, and you even dyno'ed it. I don't see the dyno graphs and your only selling the body's. I just wanted to ask why... I was thinking about it....
i can but i need a new hand porter. this is just the TB's and over there too till i find one. im dynoing on the 8th but wont have a good before and after as im doing lots upgrades together. the other sets ive sold are doing to dyno so we'll have lots to see.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
well Im int, but would like to hear back from ppl who have actually bought these and installed them. subscribed for now
Old 07-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Synolimit

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
well Im int, but would like to hear back from ppl who have actually bought these and installed them. subscribed for now
Well I started it and installed. Its perfect. I know its hard to hear from the seller but I'm not really "selling" it. I mean I'm making $20 to run to the post office and answer emails and talk to the porter etc but I'm really just trying to help the community out with a cool part. I'm over the turbo world so we NA's need all the help we can get! People buy pulleys all the time for 5hp so this is in the same boat I'm sure.

Again though!! The most power will come from a ported TB, ported upper, ported lower, tune and possibly increasing the MAF housing size. The OEM and stillen MAF housing size is the same as the OEM TB at 2.35". With the MAF section now being the choke point in the system, I think increasing it will be better.

Hence my new MAF sections going from 2.5" OD pipe to 2.75" OD pipe!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails CNC bored 63mm OEM throttle bodies!!-image.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
conkus805 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 AM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Glad you are being the innovator and sacrificing your time into this.
The following users liked this post:
Synolimit (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:08 PM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
I remember in the Maxima arena, porting and enlarging the intake side is HUGE! Can't wait to see what your larger MAF/Intake piping does.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Synolimit

Originally Posted by nishfish871
I remember in the Maxima arena, porting and enlarging the intake side is HUGE! Can't wait to see what your larger MAF/Intake piping does.
Aug 8th I dyno but will be at a new shop. I'll go back to the old shop and pay for a 3 run pull to show my "base" (CBE and custom intake), last dyno (new custom CBE and LTH), and newest (new custom cai, ported TB's, ported upper and lower and a pro tune). Its a dynojet so all 3 times should be on par with each other.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Synolimit

Bump....

Quick Reply: FS CNC bored 63mm OEM throttle bodies!!