SOLD: Moog Rear End Links - Slightly used

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $30
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Coupe
Location (State/Prov): NC
Item Condition: Used
Tire/Wheel Type: 19

Selling my slightly used Moog rear end links. Too long for the Eibach sway bars but would be perfect for a stock setup (or someone with the curved lower links). Used only for about 75 miles. Great condition. I have a mismatch of the nuts that come with it (messed up and used them on my Whiteline end links). However I do have 4 nuts that will work.

Just greased up and no extra charge for that service

I'd recommend using lock tite on the nuts with them just so they stay intact.

$30 - Send me your zip code and I'll eat the shipping costs.

Last edited by petemo94; 12-31-2017 at 12:29 PM. Reason: product sold.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:54 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Just curious, I have these same endlinks on my sedan with eibach sways also. Are they too long for only the coupe model? Also, how could I tell if they are too long? I didn't have any issues installing them and they looked okay to me.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:01 PM
petemo94
Registered Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by QuinnDEskimo
Just curious, I have these same endlinks on my sedan with eibach sways also. Are they too long for only the coupe model? Also, how could I tell if they are too long? I didn't have any issues installing them and they looked okay to me.
So two things were noticed. The gap between the lower link and the sway bar was very very small. I could NOT put my pinky through this gap. I also heard an awful clunking sound over rather large bumps.

See this link I created to illustrate the flaws of the aftermarket sway bar (e.g. eibach) and the Moog end links being too long.

Do you not have any bottoming out or banging while you go over large bumps? Mine sounded awful. Switched back to Whiteline end links (for now). May even go back to a stock setup. We'll see.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...ket-sways.html
Old 12-18-2017, 05:42 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

I'm going to assume this is a coupe issue because I just stuck my head under my sedan and there is nothing remotely close to the front or rear endlinks to cause any kind of clunking. I did get clunking when I first installed them after a couple days but that was because I couldn't get a wrench on the driver rear side good enough to really torque them down good and one of the nuts backed off by itself. Once I figured out a way to get a wrench on that bolt better it hasn't been an issue since. I now have about 8,000 miles on the moog endlinks, eibach sways and springs (I replaced all of them them together).

One last thing and I apologize if I insult your mechanical ability (I'm just trying to help diagnose your issue), but did you install the sways and endlinks the correct way on the correct sides and you are 100% sure you ordered the correct part?? I attached a pic to show you there's nothing close to the rear endlink on my car. Hope some of this info helps you and again it may just come down to the fact that the Moog endlinks don't work on the coupe.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:50 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

One last thing I can think of is that maybe the height of your adjustable suspension is affecting the travel which is why you may have a lot less gap between the sways and the lower link. That's probably the most reasonable thing i can think of. Good luck. Sorry to turn your sale post into a tech post. BTW $30 is a good price on those endlinks someone should scoop them up quick.
The following users liked this post:
petemo94 (12-19-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 05:56 PM
petemo94
Registered Member

No offense taken. I'm up to a 7 on a scale from 1-10 where 10 is a master mechanic ;-)

I am pretty sure the correct parts were ordered. Here's the links of the 2 parts from RockAuto:

K750047 (Right Rear) - More Information for MOOG K750047

K750044 (Left Rear) - More Information for MOOG K750044

Now you got me thinking that there could be a slight difference between the lengths and the parts. Will have to double check these but I believe I had the box labeled and placed them on the right side of the car before I installed. Can't hurt to double check. Good suggestion.

I do know that I had less than 1 pinky width of space with the Moog parts and an index finger knuckle plus a little more with going back to the Whiteline end links.

My other theory is this. Maybe I'll double check the torque on these bolts, but I am wondering if there is some rattling due to just enough space where the bolt goes thru the hole to mount the end link to the frame. If that rattles, then maybe I'll torque it more. We'll see.

But I plan on getting back under there to measure the lengths between the hole and the control lower links.

Would be curious to get a better picture of your lower control link and where the bar is with respect to the "crimped" portion on the control link. As well as how much space you may have there as well.

Appreciate the suggestions, may hold off on selling these if you can help me get thru this annoyance. :-D
Old 12-18-2017, 06:00 PM
petemo94
Registered Member

Originally Posted by QuinnDEskimo
One last thing I can think of is that maybe the height of your adjustable suspension is affecting the travel which is why you may have a lot less gap between the sways and the lower link. That's probably the most reasonable thing i can think of. Good luck. Sorry to turn your sale post into a tech post. BTW $30 is a good price on those endlinks someone should scoop them up quick.
So the springs are stock height. Only the struts/shocks were changed to Koni adjustable and Eibach sways.

Very annoying for sure to hear these little "clunks" along the way. Can't believe it could be coming from the new Koni's, gotta be the end links and the connections around it.

Drove this weekend (gingerly) with the sway attached in the rear and all seemed quiet.

Again, any ideas are much appreciated.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:31 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
I'll take them!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:49 AM
petemo94
Registered Member

Sold - ppu
Old 12-19-2017, 10:04 AM