Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Member Modification Lists

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:51 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And u won't have to worry about the page taking forever to load cause of pictures. Make sense right??? I hope lol.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:13 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I agree with both points.
So this thread is good for a one stop section. Two pics and if they have an updated garage, then a link to it. I'm one for information overload, but that's just me. The garage is limited to the # of pics, so the picture share link to specific mods with more pics would be useful I think. Just 0.04 cents.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
This thread is more like a catalog in a tattoo store, you walk in wanting a tattoo but you dont know what you want.. So you start looking in the catalog. If someone doesn't know Ceelos, then how's he going to know what sort of mods you got and how they look?
Old 08-08-2010, 04:51 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I guess that makes sense but wouldn't the garage portal be the actual catalog. And isn't this site mainly based on searching for stuff
Old 08-08-2010, 04:55 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
This thread is more like a catalog in a tattoo store, you walk in wanting a tattoo but you dont know what you want.. So you start looking in the catalog. If someone doesn't know Ceelos, then how's he going to know what sort of mods you got and how they look?
exactly!

Originally Posted by CEELOSG37S
Well I guess that makes sense but wouldn't the garage portal be the actual catalog. And isn't this site mainly based on searching for stuff
this thread is an easy way to see a LOT of people's mods/pics all at once. The garage stuff you have to go through one user at a time and you have no idea what anyone has until you navigate through their garage.

If you see a list here you like or a pic catches your eye then you can look at their garage for a more detailed look but this thread does provide a lot of information all in one place instead of individual garages

Plus I agree with Cereal, information overload is better than information shortage
Old 08-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I have not posted in here because of the two picture rule. I think it makes the thread worthless. What do I show you a picture of? The stance of the car with the lowering springs? The underside with all the bracing? The roof painted black? How about the interior with the black trim pieces? A shot from the back with the custom spoiler, exhaust tips, and blacked out valance? What if I had the brakes done up behind some custom wheels or a lot of work in the engine compartment or a custom sound system? The two picture rule crippled this thread from the first post.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:24 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
I have not posted in here because of the two picture rule. I think it makes the thread worthless. What do I show you a picture of? The stance of the car with the lowering springs? The underside with all the bracing? The roof painted black? How about the interior with the black trim pieces? A shot from the back with the custom spoiler, exhaust tips, and blacked out valance? What if I had the brakes done up behind some custom wheels or a lot of work in the engine compartment or a custom sound system? The two picture rule crippled this thread from the first post.
I'm suggesting that to remedy that, either on your profile or in the post link to your review/pics of your mods that are already on the forum for more detailed information and more importantly pics. People forget about the profile page and have a ton of pics in the pic share or the respective review areas. I mean I could always search for your posts ivoid, so but if it's a mod database having it all upfront would be helpful. Unless someone posts here it's just blind searching.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:37 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^^exactly. the 2 pictures in conjunction with the list of mods can serve to help people look for what they want and if they want to see more pictures of whatever then they can go to your garage
Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
You do not have to post a list of your modifications along with a couple pictures in this thread if you have no desire to do so. I created this thread for members to get a basic idea of modifications and to put a car with a username.

How often do we see threads that start out, "I am new to the modding scene, what should my first mods be?" or something to that effect? My belief was that this could be a helpful resource not only to rookies to modding/inexperienced modders, new members, people with questions, or quite simply, curious members, but also to the veterans who simply want to get an idea of the other members' rides without having to scour the forum. The idea was that this could be easy and plentiful, with a reliable bit of information from whomever desires to contribute - not the end-all, be-all of every member's car on the board.

I thought this would be a simple way to see members' mod lists and their cars without having to search through usernames. It is understandable that guys with hundreds or thousands of posts who are on here every day to suggest that, "This thread renders the 'Garage' section useless..." because those are the guys who recognize other members' usernames and know their mods or their cars. I have been a member for a few years and I am on here just about every day and I feel confident in suggesting that I have a pretty good sense of each member's "personality" based on their posts, but even I get rides confused sometimes. So, I can only imagine it's more difficult for the guy who just joined, or the member who comes on once a week or once every couple weeks with a question or an interest in a certain mod he/she may be planning... To me, this would be a place where I would come to see Member A's ride, correctly obtain their username, and then type it in to see their personal garage. Does that make sense?

As for the two picture rule, I simply suggested that because of the loading time issue, but also because when someone has a photo shoot done, there are ten pictures where the tenth one does not provide any further detail as to a certain modification than the first picture. It's simply a different angle of the car or a more creative photographic effect. Everyone likes their own car and wants to share - I understand that, but if every person posted ten pictures of their car this thread would get boring and tedious. That was my thought process when I suggested only two pictures. If you like someone's mods or are interested and want to know more, you can always PM them and ask to send more pictures of any specific modification or point you in the direction of a more personal thread they may have created.

I suggested BUMP-ing the thread when you do something new or change your modifications or have new pictures. You can edit your original post and/or create a link to a thread where you have fifty pictures of your new lugs or your black roof or some other changes you have made... Again, I think this is a great place to include that sort of stuff. No?

I apologize if this thread was "crippled" from the first post. I consulted with two moderators before I created it and they both thought it was a good idea that could prove helpful and entertaining to everyone. No one has to post in here, but I'd be willing to bet that there are some members here who will benefit from and appreciate it.

-BP
Old 08-09-2010, 11:06 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

If you have more than two pics to share or perhaps a photoshoot, then start a new thread with all the pics, and choose two to go here with a link to your other thread. You can also post them in your Gallery

Why are we over-complicating this I don't get it

PS: Thread will be cleaned up tonight
Old 11-27-2010, 01:12 PM
WPPJR30

BUMP for editing my list... I think it's accurate now.

Anyone else?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^

Love your mods man! Very high end stuff!

Originally Posted by G37Sam
If you have more than two pics to share or perhaps a photoshoot, then start a new thread with all the pics, and choose two to go here with a link to your other thread. You can also post them in your Gallery

Why are we over-complicating this I don't get it

PS: Thread will be cleaned up tonight
mmmm. looks like SAM didn't do such a good job cleaning this thread up.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:43 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Man post ****** like you make my life real hard haha
Old 11-27-2010, 02:17 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by myk1013
^

Love your mods man! Very high end stuff!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by myk1013
mmmm. looks like SAM didn't do such a good job cleaning this thread up.
It's okay, Sam... Maybe we can get this thread back on track now, though.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current:
6000k Hid's
R2C SRI
BB grounding kit
Dress up bolts
Led swap for all lights
Red star button

Soon (next month of so)
BC Racing coilovers
SPC front/rear camber kits
Paddle shifters
Berk Testpipes
GT spec strut

and one lame picture! (before dress up bolts)

Name:  IMG_0543.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  139.1 KB

Quick Reply: Member Modification Lists