2010 G37 coupe vs the new cadillac cts coupe - Page 2 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > The Lounge OT > The Lounge (Off Topic) > Other Cars
Reload this Page >

2010 G37 coupe vs the new cadillac cts coupe

Notices
Other Cars Forum for discussing non G related cars.

2010 G37 coupe vs the new cadillac cts coupe

Old 03-16-2010, 01:47 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by motobonsai View Post
Wow thanks for all the replies.

Is the cts coupe considered a new line that needs to have the bugs worked out?

Or is it just a continuation of the cts line.

I hate to buy the first version of a car.

Is that a concern with the cts?

The g is tried and true.
I'd consider it a new line - even if the engine is the same. Besides buying within the first few months you can expect to pay a premium, and you never want to pay a premium or even sticker for a depreciating asset such as a car. I feel Inifniti is the best value luxury brand.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Stanced370Z

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee View Post
That is one car. I have seen several threads on here of people taking there G in many many times. Damn Infiniti is even known for their oil consumption problem on the VQ motor and not standing behind the warranty. Peeling dash, warped rotors, bubbling seats, are just a start of the common issues on the 37. No car line is ever perfect, there will always be acouple bad cars in the bunch.

The CTS is a luxury car not ment to be sporty like the G. The suspension is much softer and more comfortable. Most G owners stiffen their suspension and I am assuming a CTS coupe owner would do the same. And how can you complain about the leather being too soft and not bubbling? I think you should look at a 370Z with cloth.

If I had the cash flow at the time I would have take a new CTS in a second over my G37.... and I still would.
I never said I minded the leather being too soft. There's literally no cushioning under the leather. It looks completely flat now. Yes the g37 has minor issues I never disregarded that but IMO the caddy is a piece of garbage. Again my personal opinion based on my experience.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
DetroitG37Joe

With all due respect to Caddy, I think the styling on the CTS coupe looks way too much like the CTS sedan just made with 2 doors and a smaller seat. I think the G-coupe is a little more sport-drive, styling-wise and performance-wise.

And yeah, the CTS coupe is in beta form now. In a couple years, when the 2nd gen drops, they will have taken consumer feedback and tweaked it, I hope.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 PM
mikelr

I just want to say a few things about the CTS.... I work for a race track in NY that has partnered with Cadillac over the past two seasons. I manage a fleet of 20 CTS-V sedans that we use as track cars (yes I said track cars!).
Thru last season we have hammered on these vehicles (since they're not ours) and they have stood up incredibly well. Other than burning through front tires in about 500 miles the brakes have been stellar, the motors are bullet proof, the auto tranny has given no issues, I've had one clutch come apart after being totally *** raped by a guy that had no right driving a stick and one clutch pedal rod/master cylinder connection come apart.
I am very impressed at the durability of these cars and would think that driven by sane people on the street they would exhibit reliabilty on parr with any Japanese manufactured car.
Also unbelievably these 556hp beasts have factory 100k mile powertrain warranty.
I work closely with the design and powertrain engineers from GM, as they are very interested in how the cars hold up under the stresses of race track use. I dont believe from my conversations with them that the coupe is much of a stretch from the sedan as far as the build methods and powertrain/control systems. Theres bound to be a lemon in every model run regardless of who the manufaturer is but I have to say that GM has come a long way and wouldnt hesitate to by a Cadillac product.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

I'm thinking about knocking off a bank so I can get a CTS-V Coupe. (But don't tell anyone.)
Old 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
mikelr

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties View Post
I'm thinking about knocking off a bank so I can get a CTS-V Coupe. (But don't tell anyone.)
I think you'd need the bank robbery proceeds for gas not to purchase the car. They are pigs on gas!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Originally Posted by Slammed37S View Post
I never said I minded the leather being too soft. There's literally no cushioning under the leather. It looks completely flat now. Yes the g37 has minor issues I never disregarded that but IMO the caddy is a piece of garbage. Again my personal opinion based on my experience.
I mean clearly you can base not only the product line, but the entire company on the experience with a single car.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mikelr View Post
I think you'd need the bank robbery proceeds for gas not to purchase the car. They are pigs on gas!
I'll be more than happy to pay for gas for that thing. Did you know there are a number of kits that bump the hp to over 620+ with just a pulley and a tune?

A pulley and a tune get's them 70 hp. What does it take to get 70 more hp in a G?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:56 AM
mikelr

I'll be more than happy to pay for gas for that thing. Did you know there are a number of kits that bump the hp to over 620+ with just a pulley and a tune?

A pulley and a tune get's them 70 hp. What does it take to get 70 more hp in a G?
There was a guy that brought his V here last summer that had all that done as well as a custom x pipe and aftermarket exhaust. That thing was just sick, power drifting every corner, the sound was like nothing youever heard before (would give you goose bumps)
Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 PM
CP1

CTS-V >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CTS>G37

The interior of the CTS is quite beautiful and drives.... well like a cadillac. G37 is a nice car and you wouldnt be disapointed with either choice. I personally really dont like the design of the CTS coupe. The car was orginally designed as a sedan, and they took away 2 doors. Same thing with the G37, orginally designed as a coupe, then added 2 doors. Orginals look best in both cases.

If you want coupe. G37>CTS
If you want sedan. CTS>G37
Hard to judge the coupes since the CTS C really hasn't been tested.

If the coupe is as good (or better) than the sedan, the CTS may very well edge the G37 (the CTS-V version of the coupe would really bring it).

Actually think both coupe versions look better than the sedan (esp. the G35; Infiniti ruined the great front fascia of the G35C w/ the G37C, which isn't as sexy or aggressive). The CTS sedan looks overly blocky w/ that thick wedge snout and abrupt drop-off to the C-pillar; the coupe looks more streamlined and the CTS wagon looks even better).

But really, can't go wrong w/ either (tho, the reliability of the CTS is still a question mark).
Old 03-18-2010, 02:29 PM
LightsOut

CTS-V >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CTS>G37

The interior of the CTS is quite beautiful and drives.... well like a cadillac. G37 is a nice car and you wouldnt be disapointed with either choice. I personally really dont like the design of the CTS coupe. The car was orginally designed as a sedan, and they took away 2 doors. Same thing with the G37, orginally designed as a coupe, then added 2 doors. Orginals look best in both cases.

If you want coupe. G37>CTS
If you want sedan. CTS>G37

G37 sedan> cts sedan
Old 03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

They make a non-V version???
Old 03-19-2010, 04:08 PM
328HP

515 Horsepower Stillen Supercharger Kit for 2010 Infiniti G37 and Nissan 370Z - Wide Open Throttle - Motor Trend Magazine

Here is the answer
Old 03-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

So, well over five grand...
Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 PM
328HP

Those stats are identical to the outgoing M5, not bad for a car that can be had fully loaded for 40k then an additional 5k for the Stillen. 515/313 thats impressive, the CTS-V may still smoke it though, but lets wait and see how the Gs lesser weight will play in all this.

I imagine the G/Zs resale values should benefit from all this