MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   NorthEast (https://www.myg37.com/forums/northeast-38/)
-   -   Uprev Tune GROUP BUY! (https://www.myg37.com/forums/northeast/232453-uprev-tune-group-buy.html)

jhenka 02-24-2012 09:42 AM

Uprev Tune GROUP BUY!

So after alot of back and forth I have secured a group buy for you guys!

Here are the specs straight From Performance Motorsports:
For 10 N/A cars, 2 or 4 wheel drive I can do $450 per car (usual price is $600). This includes the following:

1 Uprev License for your ECU and custom dyno tune
2-3 Hours dyno time on in house Mustang AWD-IMP Dyno
Maps offered are as follows (5 Avavilable):
1 Main tuned map
1 Valet
1 Anti Theft
2 Stock
For no extra charge I will include a more aggressive throttle map in one of the 2 stock slots if requested

As far as payment goes I require ALL 10 cars to be pre-paid before ANYONE can schedule an appointment. Once everyone is paid I will call each person to begin scheduling. Schedule is open to any available appointment and we are open Mon-Fri 9-6 and Sat 9-12. I will accept paypal, cash, or credit, but would prefer paypal. Please include name, phone number, and year, make, model when making payment. If you do not include required information payment will be refunded and will not count towards the 10 cars.

Their Website:Welcome To The Experience | Performance Motorsport 2011'

So lets start the list!!

1. Kevalteam
2. -.SMoKiN.6MT.- (G37NYC)
3. eKO (G37NYC)
4. Supremee (G37NYC)
5. VVVVICE (G37NYC)
6. ak47 (G37NYC)
7. 08GEE30FIVE (G37NYC)
8. OMG35S (G37NYC)
9. sikhwidit (G37NYC)

Kevalteam 02-24-2012 11:42 AM

I'm in! I set up an appointment last time on Saturday for $500 special, but the technician could not make it on that day....

PUT my name down, and the date is not set right? I might have to wait one or two month.

1. Kevalteam

jhenka 02-24-2012 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kevalteam (Post 3373194)
I'm in! I set up an appointment last time on Saturday for $500 special, but the technician could not make it on that day....

PUT my name down, and the date is not set right? I might have to wait one or two month.

1. Kevalteam

no date set, as long as we have 10 people paid you can make your appointment anytime you want.

jhenka 02-25-2012 01:39 AM

Bumpity!

Kevalteam 02-25-2012 12:00 PM

kkkk I guess I am only one from myg37.com and not from NJ or NY.

jhenka 02-25-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kevalteam (Post 3374381)
kkkk I guess I am only one from myg37.com and not from NJ or NY.

Yup you are... Group buy is now over list is filled up. I'll be pming you the instructions shortly.

jhenka 02-26-2012 11:41 PM

Alright all 15 spots are currently accounted for. I will give you guys until Monday of next week (3/15/12) to make a payment if not you may lose your spot to somebody else.

If you need an extension or have some concerns shoot me a pm.

1. -.SMoKiN.6MT.- (G3NYC)
2. eKO (G3NYC)
3. Supremee (G3NYC)
4. VVVVICE (G3NYC) -- (PAID)
5. Kevalteam
6. 08GEE30FIVE (G3NYC)
7. OMG35S (G3NYC)
8. sikhwidit (G3NYC)
9. ak47 (G3NYC)
10. thecalculator (G3NYC)
11. Nicky D (G3NYC)
12. Sofa-King G (G3NYC)
13. Devastat1on (G3NYC)
14. niicknyc85 (G3NYC)
15. BlueOut

Modme 02-26-2012 11:50 PM

Dont mean to rain on your parade but I would stay away from that shop. I personally had a terrible experience there and so have many others.

This is what I'm referring to:
Performance motorsports in ny. Stay away from them!! - MY350Z.COM Forums
Warning: Do not go to performance motorsports - MY350Z.COM Forums

Guarantee you that at least 1 person will walk out of the shop with some problem.

jhenka 02-27-2012 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Modme (Post 3375397)
Dont mean to rain on your parade but I would stay away from that shop. I personally had a terrible experience there and so have many others.

This is what I'm referring to:
Performance motorsports in ny. Stay away from them!! - MY350Z.COM Forums
Warning: Do not go to performance motorsports - MY350Z.COM Forums

Guarantee you that at least 1 person will walk out of the shop with some problem.

This is for all naturally aspirated cars not turbo'd setups and none of us are getting any sort of work done besides a tune so i don't foresee a problem.
Heard about the clutch swap story, and spoke to Andrew about it. What was your issue with them?
The only reason I'm asking is because a few of my close friends went there and they had nothing but good things to say about them, great service and good tunes. In any case if anything does happen i will be sure to let EVERYBODY know.

Modme 02-27-2012 12:39 AM

I have zero problem with the shop or the techs. The only problem was the owner Gary. I was quoted a price and when the work was done, he sudden wanted more money, double what they quoted me before work was started. Classic case of bait and switch.

Dont trust a word that comes out that thief's mouth and let us know if anything happens.

Kevalteam 02-27-2012 12:43 AM

So $450 is out the door price right? No bait and switch? Just wanted to make sure before sending the payment....

jhenka 02-27-2012 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kevalteam (Post 3375439)
So $450 is out the door price right? No bait and switch? Just wanted to make sure before sending the payment....

I have an email from him confirming it. No bait and switch. Also i'll be the first one to get my car done, I'm not here to **** anybody over...

novaleadfoot 02-27-2012 02:30 PM

related question...does an uprev tune do anything significant for an unmodded engine? ie: no CAI, no exhaust, etc

Kevalteam 02-27-2012 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by novaleadfoot (Post 3375984)
related question...does an uprev tune do anything significant for an unmodded engine? ie: no CAI, no exhaust, etc

Hey buddy, from what I saw and know, it won't do and it's not worth the money....if you do not have intake + exhaust + HFC or Test Pipes.
Just get a Hypertech if you do not have all these MODs. I can tell you how the UPREV goes once I get it done. Didn't sent the payment yet because one member's bad experience with the shop... But I will send payment soon.

jhenka 02-27-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by novaleadfoot (Post 3375984)

I wouldn't recommend a tune, like Kavel said HFC, Intake, and a full exhaust are a must otherwise it'll be a waste of money.

Originally Posted by Kevalteam (Post 3376006)
Hey buddy, from what I saw and know, it won't do and it's not worth the money....if you do not have intake + exhaust + HFC or Test Pipes.
Just get a Hypertech if you do not have all these MODs. I can tell you how the UPREV goes once I get it done. Didn't sent the payment yet because one member's bad experience with the shop... But I will send payment soon.

I am no way affiliated with them just got a group buy going to get a better price for myself and my fellow forum members. I weighed both the bad and good reviews and I'm still confident the shop can do a good job.

Let me know when you arrange your tune date ill try to drive up and meet you since its like 45 mins away from me.