Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Shop time for the g7

Old 10-20-2018, 08:31 AM
smoochg37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Shop time for the g7

Sup g's, iv had my 09 g37xs for close to a month now and I drive it a little on the weekends because I drive a company van for work. Long story short I haven't driven it Mich for this reason and the third day driving it the air bag light came on blinking... Notified the dealership and set up an appointment to get it str8 and in mean time noticed the passenger cat rattle, transmission lag "brake" when I let off the gas and let them know about those two problems also before bringing it in. So far were waiting on a part that will fix air bag light (idk what part that is yet but will post when its said and done) they said the cat problem was due to heat shield bolts are rusted and they don't fix that, ( I'm lookin fwd to installing after market cats anyway but didn't know I would be on the hint this soon) the trans problem they said they didn't detect a problem so I mentioned the TSB for the trans reprogram and they said they will do it if there is one. So far so good right... Well Its Saturday and I'll check with the dealership Monday and give a update on what the above problems and solution's are . wish me luck
Old 10-20-2018, 09:19 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Good luck w/ your issues, there have been several TSBs since 09 on your AT so hopefully yours hasn't been updated as this will help.
Keep us posted and welcome!
pm sent!
Old 10-24-2018, 07:20 PM
smoochg37

update weird shifting transmission and airbag light

so it's been about a week since the g37xs has been in the shop. Got a call monday (todays wed)saying that "the part" for the airbag light is hard to get and won't be in for 3 weeks, I was given a lowner in the mean time and if I wanted I can come get the G and drive it until the part comes in and get another lowner when the airbag service is being done. For the transmission they said they didn't find a tsb for it but "flashed" the trans. Hopefully whatever that foes fixes the problem. Will be picking the G up Friday since that's my next day off and its a 45mim trip so I'll keep it posted on how the "flash" went and when the part comes in I'll post what part caused the flashing airbag light also
wish me luck fellow G's
Old 12-08-2018, 08:50 AM
smoochg37

air bag light update

Returned my gxs to the shop after three weeks waiting for my airbag light problem part. I gave the shop a week to fix and called back in to check it and they said that the part that came in was incorrect and they were waiting for the correct part. Waited another week and called back to check on the status and the dealership said the replaced the part and the light is still coming on. So needless to say I will wait another week and check on it again. A little frustrating because iv had the car for 2.5 months and its been in the shop for 3 weeks so far.