Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New to this, but here’s my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:57 PM
xsamsg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to this, but here’s my car

hello everyone i just recently bought this 2009 g37 sedan and it’s been great so far all i’ve done is get new wheels and cleared the fogged headlights but there’s more things coming soon. Never been on any forums but here to try it out seems like a great community.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro Sam, welcome to the site, G is looking good! How many miles on that one?
Old 09-30-2018, 10:11 PM
xsamsg37

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice intro Sam, welcome to the site, G is looking good! How many miles on that one?
thank you! i bought it with 79k but now approaching 83k
Old 10-01-2018, 01:56 PM
illusionaz
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice car! Do you plan on blacking out any of the other chrome trim? Wheels look aggressive, but I think would match better without the chrome.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:55 PM
xsamsg37

Originally Posted by illusionaz
Nice car! Do you plan on blacking out any of the other chrome trim? Wheels look aggressive, but I think would match better without the chrome.
Thank you! Yes the next thing i am about to do is tint windows and wrap all the chrome in black. Also the wheels have some ugly plasti-dip on them right now which will get removed. They are gunmetal grey under.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:02 PM
erichomie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xsamsg37

Thank you! Yes the next thing i am about to do is tint windows and wrap all the chrome in black. Also the wheels have some ugly plasti-dip on them right now which will get removed. They are gunmetal grey under.
What a shame it was to dip them. I think the gunmetal grey will pair a lot better than the black dip. It looks very cheap at the moment.

If you wrap the chrome in black, I would suggest that you do that after you tint the windows and remove the dip on the wheels. See how you like it when the chrome is visible. Depending on how dark you go with the tint, the chrome trim should create a nice contour along the window that looks very aesthetic. I was all about blacking out the chrome as well when I first got a hold of my G, but I've come to really appreciate the chrome trim when it's paired with grey/silver wheels on a graphite shadow sedan.

Also, a headlight restoration kit is going to drastically improve the appearance of your front end. Besides the hazy headlights, everything visual appears to be in good condition.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:02 PM
xsamsg37

Originally Posted by erichomie
What a shame it was to dip them. I think the gunmetal grey will pair a lot better than the black dip. It looks very cheap at the moment.

If you wrap the chrome in black, I would suggest that you do that after you tint the windows and remove the dip on the wheels. See how you like it when the chrome is visible. Depending on how dark you go with the tint, the chrome trim should create a nice contour along the window that looks very aesthetic. I was all about blacking out the chrome as well when I first got a hold of my G, but I've come to really appreciate the chrome trim when it's paired with grey/silver wheels on a graphite shadow sedan.

Also, a headlight restoration kit is going to drastically improve the appearance of your front end. Besides the hazy headlights, everything visual appears to be in good condition.
Thank you! Yes i will definitely tint the windows first before making my choice with the chrome. The plasti dip is such a bummer I hate it very much but it won’t be like that for too long. I can’t wait for that gunmetal color I would never plasti dip anything I agree it automatically makes things look cheap.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Poncher
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good looking car. Any performance mods you planning on getting to?
Old 10-05-2018, 07:46 PM
xsamsg37

Originally Posted by Poncher
Good looking car. Any performance mods you planning on getting to?
Appriciate it! i’m tight on money but yes i’m planning on putting a nice sounding exhaust, intake, and other subtle mods that won’t make it less reliable
Old 10-13-2018, 11:11 PM
smoochg37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xsamsg37

hello everyone i just recently bought this 2009 g37 sedan and it’s been great so far all i’ve done is get new wheels and cleared the fogged headlights but there’s more things coming soon. Never been on any forums but here to try it out seems like a great community.
nice ride man, I'm in the same boat. Just purchased a 09 g37xs sedan... Plan on doing some mods as well. Not sure yet tho gotta feel it out during the winter and get my ducks in a row for spring. Let me know what you've done in the future and I'll do the same. This is a good place to swap info and pass on knowledge... Learned a lot from when I had a 03 g35
Old 10-13-2018, 11:12 PM
smoochg37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
did u have the "sweat" look i call iy inside the headlights?
Old 10-14-2018, 05:15 PM
xsamsg37

Originally Posted by smoochg37
nice ride man, I'm in the same boat. Just purchased a 09 g37xs sedan... Plan on doing some mods as well. Not sure yet tho gotta feel it out during the winter and get my ducks in a row for spring. Let me know what you've done in the future and I'll do the same. This is a good place to swap info and pass on knowledge... Learned a lot from when I had a 03 g35
Yea ill keep you updated as i do everything, and yes this forum is extremely helpful and friendly. These are some great cars to own can’t wait to make it look and drive even better.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:16 PM
xsamsg37

Originally Posted by smoochg37
did u have the "sweat" look i call iy inside the headlights?
Yes it does i haven’t decided weather i want to restore them or just buy completely new headlights even tho that’s a more pricy option.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:20 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
pm sent!
Old 10-20-2018, 05:42 PM
Ish2011g37x
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Kw v3 on sedan

Hey bud we spoke about the kw v3 sedan rear being to low. Just wanted to let you know the spring spacer does the job. I went with the 30 mm from ecs and no more droopy butt. I know a few posts did not give a final result so just wanted to update you. Thanks for the info from the audi forum. Have a great weekend.

Quick Reply: New to this, but here’s my car