Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Allow myself to introduce...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 09:46 PM
jaydee23
Premier Member

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Allow myself to introduce...

Myself,
Good evening G37 folks. I am a proud new owner of a Q40, first time nissan/infiniti owner. Im a restless engineer and have money allocated for this baby but I am still in the early learning phase. Only looking for aesthetic improvements at this point.
I picked up this Q40 with 15k miles so she is near new. In the hunt for a car i was rather suprised at what infiniti offered for the price point. Im quite happy with this car for about 2 weeks now. She is smooth and has some nice acceleration and handling.

I have been on a 19" rim hunt for weeks and just cant seem to settle on something i really like. I feel this is a tough design to get a cohesive, moderately aggressive look.
A no brainer for me is the old G37xS sport wheels. I would be comfortable with those but they are tough to find. I kind of want brand new just for peace of mind and a flawless finished look.
VMR 702s are probably second. I would love to find a 5 spoke design that fit but so far no real luck.

Im all over this forum reading but for the hell of it im going to compile some of my pending desired knowledge and if you feel obliged to assist me by all means!

1. Is there a factory sport type front bumper lip that fits the Q40?
2. Is there the same for a rear spoiler, or good quality aftermarket that is just moderate, nothing ricey.
3. What is the maximum F/R drop I can apply and still have alignment in spec without the need for adjustable suspension components? No need for coilovers, just good springs, best brand for this application?
4. Any good places to source the old G37xS 19" sport rims, square setup, front only i assume, can rears be used for a square setup?
5. Any recommendation on aftermarkets that are similar in design to the old sport 19s? Closest i have found is VMR 702. budget is preferred to be under $2k with tires.
6. Need a good cell phone mount
7. I dont need big brakes but for the sake of aesthetics, what is the most economical option that looks proper
8. All weather floor mats are a must, recommendations?

Ill be researching all this, appreciate any input!

Last edited by jaydee23; 08-23-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:51 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by jaydee23
1. Is there a factory sport type front bumper lip that fits the Q40?
2. Is there the same for a rear spoiler, or good quality aftermarket that is just moderate, nothing ricey.
3. What is the maximum F/R drop I can apply and still have alignment in spec without the need for adjustable suspension components? No need for coilovers, just good springs, best brand for this application?
4. Any good places to source the old G37xS 19" sport rims, square setup, front only i assume, can rears be used for a square setup?
5. Any recommendation on aftermarkets that are similar in design to the old sport 19s? Closest i have found is VMR 702. budget is preferred to be under $2k with tires.
6. Need a good cell phone mount
7. I dont need big brakes but for the sake of aesthetics, what is the most economical option that looks proper
8. All weather floor mats are a must, recommendations?
To begin with, welcome to the site.
A Q40 is simply a G37 sedan with a new name. This just made everything easy for you.
1. Yes, the factory sedan sport lip but it's rather subtle. Coupe parts won't fit
2. Yes, the factory trunk spoiler but it's rather subtle.
3. No more than an inch.
4. Try the Classifieds forum here.
5. Check the Media Share forum. There's a subforum dedicated to 19" wheels. Also check the Tech/Wheels & Tires forum.
6. No idea.
7. Factory Akebonos. The Tech/Brakes & Suspension forum has a sticky thread with part numbers. Caution, the bigger brakes limit the wheels you can fit.
8. No idea.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (08-24-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 11:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:57 AM
jaydee23
Premier Member

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and the welcomes!
Old 08-24-2018, 08:43 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome Jay, good luck w/ your wheel search, like slartibart mentioned many wheels that will work right now won't when you get a BBK. So if you plan on getting big brakes down the road be SURE your new wheels will clear. Check the wheel brands in this link, most are Japan sourced sets that will be lighter & stronger and most will clear BBK (although ALWAYS confirm that w/ vendor) the price point will be higher but w/ wheels you almost always "get what you pay for".
Wheels | Evasive Motorsports
Old 08-24-2018, 10:21 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Nice ride. The 1st one I test drove was a silver "x" sedan.

There's a fitment thread in the Wheel and tire section too that has pics and specs that will get the look you want