Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Hello New to me G37x Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 02:55 AM
pjmjr508
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello New to me G37x Sedan

Hello all,

I just signed the paperwork for a CPO 2013 G37x Sedan in Black Obsidian/Graphite Loaded with 30k miles. I live North of Seattle in Washington. This G37x is being shipped from the Inifiniti dealership in South Florida to me. Should be here with in a few weeks. I can't wait until it gets here.

I had a 06 G35x Sedan in the past and didn't mod that was the wife's car mostly. I was a member of the G35 page then and learned a lot of the platform then. Once I decided what I wanted as a new DD was going to be a sports car, I had to get another G. Did a lot of research on this site and amassed a parts list I ordered to be herre once the car arrives. My DD for the last 9 yrs currently is a Jeep Commander Overland with a 6" lift on 35" MTs. So the G37x will be a big change. My goal for the G37 is for it to be my DD and also a weekend auto cross track car.

This is the parts list that was ordered and is currently waiting for them to be delivered to be installed once the car is here;
  • Ksport Coilovers CIN021-KP
  • SPC Rear Camber & Toe Kit (From what I have for this setup I do not need the camber kit for the front)
  • Hotchkis Front & Rear Swaybars
  • Stillen Grounding Kit (Not using the Neg battery leg of the kit) adding an additional grounding connection to each of the throttle bodies
  • EBC Dimpled & Slotted /Red Stuff Pads along with SS Braided Brake Lines F&R, Along with new Dot 4 fluid to flush the brake system with
  • Kinetix HFCs
  • Megan Front Upper Strut Bar
  • ISR Performance Silicone Air Intake Tubes
  • AFE PRO Drop in filters
As you can tell from the choices of the items I ordered I have been researching this forum for awhile figuring out what I feel is best for what i want.
I will have some base line questions for the more experienced members here for guidance.

Any questions or comments please let me know.

Will post up pics once I get the G and then once I have the MODs I ordered are put on.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:44 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Congrats on your new arrival, looks like you've put the time in regarding your upcoming list of updates. If you plan to lower your G more than 1.25" I would consider aftermarket front upper control arms as well, much easier to get them installed now rather than later.

Look forward to seeing this come together, might get a build thread started to chart the progress. Any pics of your old G and how many miles on that one?
Old 08-12-2018, 11:18 AM
pjmjr508
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Congrats on your new arrival, looks like you've put the time in regarding your upcoming list of updates. If you plan to lower your G more than 1.25" I would consider aftermarket front upper control arms as well, much easier to get them installed now rather than later.

Look forward to seeing this come together, might get a build thread started to chart the progress. Any pics of your old G and how many miles on that one?
Thank you,
Not opposed to doing front kits, just my understanding with the pillow top setup on the Coilovers it was not needed, is this not true?
The old g35 has been gone for 6 yrs plus, a drunk driver liked it more than I and drove into it which in turn totalling it .
Old 08-12-2018, 12:34 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by pjmjr508
Thank you,
Not opposed to doing front kits, just my understanding with the pillow top setup on the Coilovers it was not needed, is this not true?
The old g35 has been gone for 6 yrs plus, a drunk driver liked it more than I and drove into it which in turn totalling it .
Sorry to hear about your 35, sad way to say goodbye to that one

As far as the coilovers, many brands have a generic description as far as camber adjustment. Many list their coilovers as having camber plates which will adjust camber on certain vehicle suspensions, but not on the Gs. Camber is adjusted via the upper control arms (as well as caster), the OEM Front Upper Control Arms (FUCAs) are fixed so no way to adjust camber when lowering. If you plan to keep the drop on the mild side many get by without aftermarket FUCAs since toe is adjusted w/ the tie rods. You could always drop it and run it for awhile keeping tabs on your tire wear, but if you drop in the 26.25 set that you listed in another thread your tire wear will probably be more than you like, but YMMV
Old 08-12-2018, 12:51 PM
pjmjr508
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Sorry to hear about your 35, sad way to say goodbye to that one

As far as the coilovers, many brands have a generic description as far as camber adjustment. Many list their coilovers as having camber plates which will adjust camber on certain vehicle suspensions, but not on the Gs. Camber is adjusted via the upper control arms (as well as caster), the OEM Front Upper Control Arms (FUCAs) are fixed so no way to adjust camber when lowering. If you plan to keep the drop on the mild side many get by without aftermarket FUCAs since toe is adjusted w/ the tie rods. You could always drop it and run it for awhile keeping tabs on your tire wear, but if you drop in the 26.25 set that you listed in another thread your tire wear will probably be more than you like, but YMMV
Thank you for the information . I will make sure to get the FAUCA installed if the fronts are out of spec on the initial alignment after the coil overs are installed .
Old 08-15-2018, 10:02 AM
GmoneyG37s
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't wait to see it!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Can we sticky this?

Great to see you've done an extensive amount of research OP. Looking forward to seeing the before and after shots.

Only thing I'll mention - I assume you've seen us complain about the 7AT lag so be prepared for that. The grounding kit is only going to do so much. A proper tune is the only way to eliminate the odd-ball nature of the 7AT.

Where did you grab you braided lines from?
Old 08-15-2018, 11:07 AM
pjmjr508
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Can we sticky this?

Great to see you've done an extensive amount of research OP. Looking forward to seeing the before and after shots.

Only thing I'll mention - I assume you've seen us complain about the 7AT lag so be prepared for that. The grounding kit is only going to do so much. A proper tune is the only way to eliminate the odd-ball nature of the 7AT.

Where did you grab you braided lines from?
Yes I have read & am aware of the AT lsg. I got the kit from stillen. I'm also adding additional lines for each throttle body. Will be doing a tune when momey permits .
Old 08-15-2018, 02:47 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
While the grounding kit and a tune lessen the softness of the 7AT shifts, they won't eliminate it. That requires someone to jail-break the TCU and no one to my knowledge has done it. Has anyone even tried?
Old 08-15-2018, 03:01 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Doesn't level 10 dabble in TCU manipulation?
Old 08-15-2018, 06:37 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
They will rebuild your valve body but to my knowledge, no one has cracked the TCU.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:13 PM
pjmjr508
Registered Member

Its been a few months since I have given an update to what I have done to my G37x since I have had it shipped to me from Infiniti in Florida.
Here is a current picture of it;

Current list of what has been done to it so far;
•Ksport Coilovers (Current GTF is 26.75" F&R)
•SPC Rear Adjustable Camber & Toe bar (Spring bucket delete)
•SPC Adjustable front UCA
•Hotchkis Front & Rear Sway bars & adjustable sway bar end links
•Stillen Grounding Wire Kit
•Megan Front Upper Strut Bar
•ISR Performance Silicone Air Intake Tubes
•AFE PRO Drop in filters
•EBC Slotted Rotors with Red Stuff Pads along with SS Braided Brake Lines F&R, Along with new Dot 4 fluid to flush the brake system
•TWB Aluminum Under Tray BLACK
• PVC Delete kit
• M1 Oil & filter along with front & rear diffs
• Diode Dynamics rear turn signal mod
• 5% limo tint all around

Items that still waiting to be installed that is sitting on my garage floor.
•Kinetix HFCs
•Set of 18" Enki OEM Coupe wheels

Once those items are put on, the first phase of my build will be completed.

Plans for phase 2 will be;
Frame & body stiffeners
Power Steering, Engine and Transmission oil coolers
Level 10 Bulletproof transmission rebuild kit along with the level 10 Bulletproof torque converter & level 10 Bulletproof valve body
Stillen black supercharger system with tune.
it will take 2 to 3 years for the 2nd phase of this build to be completed depending on the amount of money that becomes available to make this happen.

This is my daily & my weekend autocross track car.

Loving this car
Old 05-27-2019, 10:04 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
nice work in jsut a few months....plan sounds solid...you may want to consider vinyl wrapping the window trim in gloss black to go with those limo tints it only cots about 30 dollars in materials and there a great DIY on here on how to do it...
The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (05-27-2019)
Old 09-16-2020, 02:28 AM
pjmjr508
Registered Member

I have had her for 2 years now & love this car.
Installed since last update;
Sport front bumper
kinetix HFC
Full Stillen CBE
18" Sport Coupe OEM Wheels with POTENZA RE980AS tires
SPC FRONT ADJUSTABLE CONTROL ARMS
SPC Rear adjustable camber & toe bars (bucket delete)
Stillen SETRAB OIL COOLER KIT [RACE]
Mishimoto Oil catch can system
SPL PRO Solid Differential Bushing Set.
Bell Raceworks Differential Cover Brace.

She is still a work in progress.
BTW current Ground to fender height is 26.5"