Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Need Suggestion.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:28 PM
goutham551
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need Suggestion.

Hello Guys,

I am planning to purchase 2013 Infiniti G37x Sedan which has been involved in a major accident and 2 minor accidents. It has 57000 miles on it and accident happened when it has 30,000 miles and this has been repaired by original Infiniti showroom people.

KBB value: 13k to 15k (for private party and without accident)

I just want to know for how much I can purchase this car.

I am also attaching the image of the car when it was involved in the accident.

Please let me know the estimated price for which I can buy this.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Need Suggestion.-accident.jpeg  
Old 06-14-2018, 07:51 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Unless you have the ability to do the work yourself stay away. Repairs like that get expensive quick when you factor in shop time.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by stealthee
Unless you have the ability to do the work yourself stay away. Repairs like that get expensive quick when you factor in shop time.
That pic was the "before" shot, sounds like it's been repaired back to reasonable condition.

As far as how much to pay, really need to have it inspected (preferably on a lift) and test driven on a good long run prior to committing to buy. That will determine what a reasonable price would be.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:08 AM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
That pic was the "before" shot, sounds like it's been repaired back to reasonable condition.

That's what I get for trying to multitask.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:40 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
With 1 major and 2 minor accidents you need to do a VERY THOROUGH check on the car. Metal bending and flexing weakens it. There could be frame damage or if the accidents affected the same area of the car it could be on the verge of unsafe. My had a previous minor accident when I bought it, but it was minor with no frame damage. Is this car a salvage titled car? that significantly reduces value too. I'm leaning toward just keep looking for a nice one in your price range
Old 06-16-2018, 12:15 PM
goutham551
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt

As far as how much to pay, really need to have it inspected (preferably on a lift) and test driven on a good long run prior to committing to buy. That will determine what a reasonable price would be.
My friend has been driving it after the accident for almost 30k miles. So far everything is good. Heard the infiniti people replaced the engine and made sure that the car is in top condition.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:36 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

That's a pretty lengthy test drive
See how low you can get it for, but only you can determine if you feel comfortable w/ the price. And like mentioned, if you try to resell you can expect to take a pretty good hit. If you plan to keep this vehicle for a long time then that would be a better plan. I would try to determine exactly what was replaced rather than trying to rely on what someone "thought" may have been replaced. G/L and hope it works out w/ whatever you decide.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:52 PM
goutham551
Registered Member

Hello All.

Had the car checked at CarMax and took their quote and they have given the appraisal for $11k and I am buying it for $11500. They said everything is good.

I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions.

Planning to modify something in the car starting with carbon steering wheel which looks fantastic on some Infinities that I have gone through in this forum. More Suggestions are welcome as well

Let me know if any one who can work on infiniti in Dallas or Texas state.

Thanks everyone once again.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:06 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by goutham551
Hello All.

Had the car checked at CarMax and took their quote and they have given the appraisal for $11k and I am buying it for $11500. They said everything is good.

I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions.

Planning to modify something in the car starting with carbon steering wheel which looks fantastic on some Infinities that I have gone through in this forum. More Suggestions are welcome as well

Let me know if any one who can work on infiniti in Dallas or Texas state.

Thanks everyone once again.
Congrats, was there indeed a new motor installed? If so that should have a fresh warranty (from the time of install). Post up some pics when you can.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:55 PM
goutham551
Registered Member

My bad.. The engine was not replaced but complete restoration was done by the Infiniti it seems. Will update the pics soon as I will be shipping this car from Boston to Dallas
Old 06-18-2018, 09:13 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm sorry, but 3 accidents AND a New England car?! = Rust, etc... It scary and I'm not making the purchase. I really do hope this is a good purchase for you. I look forward to seeing your plans for it