MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Corner (https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner-337/)
-   -   New owner: 2012 G37xS (https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner/288373-new-owner-2012-g37xs.html)

BeeW 05-23-2018 09:21 AM

New owner: 2012 G37xS

This car came to me by wonderful chance. Been dreaming of one for years but never had the scratch for clean, low mile example. Friend ended up selling me her mint, 46k mile, with every feature for trade in price.
It's been religiously serviced, every PM box checked at the right time. Any fluke issues I should check it and/or plan for?
I'm planning the switch to Synth oil, and new intake filters, any other quality of life improvements yall can suggest?

r2dmax 05-23-2018 09:40 AM

Congrats on the purchase. If all the maintenance is up to date I don't know of anyhting you'll need on a low mileage 2012...

Time for modifications! Any plans?

BeeW 05-23-2018 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by r2dmax (Post 4199554)
Congrats on the purchase. If all the maintenance is up to date I don't know of anyhting you'll need on a low mileage 2012...

Time for modifications! Any plans?

This is my DD, so anything I do will be street legal.
As soon as the cashflow is back up, I'm planning K&N filters, and grounding kit for 7AT Transmission gains (if there's no drawback), probably will make a custom start button and HVAC knobs as they wear out. Might do silicone intake too. At 60k I'll replace/upgrade spark plugs, gear oil, brake fluid, etc.
Also interigued by debadging the INFINITY on the trunk, but have seen other members have to repaint after.

​​​​​​Right now, It's time to hit the books and learn. The FSM links have gone dead as of March, can anyone PM me the manual to the 2012?

slartibartfast 05-23-2018 02:27 PM

Hello and welcome.

Be careful with your additional grounds, there is plenty of info here about that.

blnewt 05-23-2018 10:14 PM

Welcome to the site, unless your G has seen a lot of sunlight you should be fine debaging the lettering. If there's any ghosting this can usually be taken care of w/ some mild rubbing compound.

Twlsfm 05-28-2018 01:56 PM

How much did you buy it for?

Landshark 06-04-2018 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by BeeW (Post 4199584)
As soon as the cashflow is back up, I'm planning K&N filters, and grounding kit for 7AT Transmission gains (if there's no drawback)

i'd recommend the R2C Black Hex drop in filters - i'm not a fan of K&N. the R3C's are dry filters so there's no oiling (to potentially foul your MAF sensors) - you just blow them clean with some compressed air every once in a while, or wash them with water if they are REALLY dirty.

you can make your own grounding kit for maybe $20 Home Depot/Lowes sells wire by the foot, and then just buy some connectors. no magic involved.

BeeW 06-04-2018 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Twlsfm (Post 4200233)
How much did you buy it for?

$12,5. Quite the deal from a good friend who didn't care about making any $ off of it.

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 4201230)
i'd recommend the R2C Black Hex drop in filters - i'm not a fan of K&N. the R3C's are dry filters so there's no oiling (to potentially foul your MAF sensors) - you just blow them clean with some compressed air every once in a while, or wash them with water if they are REALLY dirty.

Those look badass, and no oil to boot. Ill pick them up soon. [edit. Boo, looks like they're out of business. Any other choices for oilless cone filters. Ill lurk the other forums /edit] probably keep posting here until my efforts warrent a real build thread. First changes will be QOL and PM stuff.

1. Putting mesh guards behind the grille so a rock doesn't nuke the AC system.
2. Deep clean polish and interior detailing.
3. Recalibrate the MobileEye system
4. Reattach rain guard (broke the retaining bolt digging around for a lost licence plate nut).
5. Paint touchup and chrome chrome trim delete
For now, some pictures from Woodstock NY, where I roadtrippped to this weekend. Every backroad of the Catskills could push this car roght to the edge. Love the driving dynamics but has a tad too much body roll. Maybe (anti)sway bars are innmy future... She's still v.dirty, was planning a full hand polish and detail today but it's raining cats and dogs. https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...84ea1c5c98.jpgShe still needs a name.....

slartibartfast 06-04-2018 01:30 PM

Please start threads in appropriate forums when you start modding. This forum is for introductions. Thanks.

skriLLah 06-09-2018 03:10 PM

Floss works perfect for debadging. Followed up by mild soap and water.

Landshark 06-11-2018 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by BeeW (Post 4201243)
Those look badass, and no oil to boot. Ill pick them up soon. [edit. Boo, looks like they're out of business. Any other choices for oilless cone filters.
She still needs a name.....

???

they are drop-in panel filters. they sell a cone kit, but its pricey and just a "hot air intake".

don't forget, you'll need to order two of them.

R2C PF10544 Black Hex replacement filter - 07+ Infiniti G35s/G37

BeeW 06-11-2018 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 4202183)
???

they are drop-in panel filters. they sell a cone kit, but its pricey and just a "hot air intake".

don't forget, you'll need to order two of them.

R2C PF10544 Black Hex replacement filter - 07+ Infiniti G35s/G37

Got it. I guess I was confused between this CAI, http://www.r2cperformance.com/-infiniti-g37-cold-air-intake.aspx (if it really is one) and your suggestion. I need to read more carefully.

The edit was from a therad I found here, but was obviously wrong.

Thanks for all the help!