Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Newbie 2010 G37 Sedan Sport 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 PM
zbaier
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Newbie 2010 G37 Sedan Sport 6spd

Hello everyone!
I'm new to Infiniti, mostly had Acura's and Mitsu's before but when I drove this G37 I was hooked. I'm from Columbus, Ohio (anybody else out there live around here?) and the car was in Georgia for most of its life. These pictures are from just a few weeks ago right after I bought the car. The wheels are 18x10 Option Lab (cheap wheels but I do have the stock wheels too) all the way around and I'm putting on some 255/45 all the way around Michelin 4S tires tomorrow, super excited for that. Other than that, the car has slotted and drilled rotors with what appears to be the stock sport calipers painted red (let me know if you think they are actually Akebonos). No engine mods but it does have a custom carbon fiber steering wheel which is really nice and has great hand grips.

I'm going to be replacing literally all the fluids, spark plugs, and cleaning the throttle bodies here in the next few weeks. Let me know what you guys think about the car! The clutch seems to engage super high and I've already seen the thread on here about adjusting the pedal so we'll see how that goes. I've also tested the clutch by doing a 6th gear pull at about 65 and it doesn't slip yet but 1st gear seems to take a bit to engage. Not sure if that's just how it is since its a bigger car?

Any other newbie tips are welcome and I'm excited to be part of the Infiniti community!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:35 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Welcome! Yep, those are the Akebonos. Looks like previous owner replaced the Infiniti decals with Akebono decals when the calipers were painted.

Looks good!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, congrats on finding a 6spd sedan, all 6MT G37s have the Akebonos FWIW. Wheels look good w/ that body color. Any plans to lower your G, would be a nice look IMO.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:10 AM
zbaier
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Welcome! Yep, those are the Akebonos. Looks like previous owner replaced the Infiniti decals with Akebono decals when the calipers were painted.

Looks good!
Awesome, thanks for confirming! They grip really well. Whatever pads are on there are super dusty though. Have you had any experience with ebc red stuff or hawk pads
Old 05-18-2018, 09:59 AM
zbaier
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome to the site, congrats on finding a 6spd sedan, all 6MT G37s have the Akebonos FWIW. Wheels look good w/ that body color. Any plans to lower your G, would be a nice look IMO.
Thanks a lot! I read a lot of your advice on the wheel and tire thread btw, you seem to know your stuff haha That's how I knew to try and fit my size tires I picked out.

I think for the time being I'm going to stay stock suspension just cause I daily it. I would interested to know how much of a ride difference there is between stock and aftermarket coilovers. I wouldn't be slammed at all, just a few inches lower.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM
JoMiCo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome! I love that color on the sedan, I've never seen the combo of the red calipers with it but it is a nice touch! Congrats on finding a 6mt sedan!
Old 05-18-2018, 11:58 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Nice sedan! I'm from Cleveland. Good you bought a Southern car though. Is that Smoky Quartz? I like the wheel but IMO would look better lowered. I'm not a slammed car fan, but nicely lowered, yes.

If you look at the Tein Street Basis Z coilovers they seem to ride better than stock. I picked mine up but haven't had time to install them. Under $500 makes it worth it unless you need to adjust rebound and other things
Old 05-18-2018, 03:53 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
I just put coil-overs on my sedan. I went with MeisterR ZetaCRD having 10k/8k rates. Those rates are not much more than stock. The ride has become cushy compared to the stock S springs and dampers. Even at full stiff, the ride less jiggly. Your kidneys feel the bigger bumps, though. Look at my write-up in the Review forum for before-and-after photos. I am limited by my mufflers and driveway on max drop.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:56 PM
PKG307

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks nice! The wheels go well with the color of the car.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:43 AM
zbaier
Registered Member

Originally Posted by r2dmax
Nice sedan! I'm from Cleveland. Good you bought a Southern car though. Is that Smoky Quartz? I like the wheel but IMO would look better lowered. I'm not a slammed car fan, but nicely lowered, yes.

If you look at the Tein Street Basis Z coilovers they seem to ride better than stock. I picked mine up but haven't had time to install them. Under $500 makes it worth it unless you need to adjust rebound and other things

Yes it is smoky quartz! I've had cars with pretty stiff stock and aftermarket suspension in the past and the feel of this suspension is great. Firm but also cushy you know? I've always liked Tein as well so I will definitely keep them on my list. I'll post a pic with the new tires I just got, let me know what you think!
Old 05-21-2018, 10:56 AM
zbaier
Registered Member

Originally Posted by zbaier
Hello everyone!
I'm new to Infiniti, mostly had Acura's and Mitsu's before but when I drove this G37 I was hooked. I'm from Columbus, Ohio (anybody else out there live around here?) and the car was in Georgia for most of its life. These pictures are from just a few weeks ago right after I bought the car. The wheels are 18x10 Option Lab (cheap wheels but I do have the stock wheels too) all the way around and I'm putting on some 255/45 all the way around Michelin 4S tires tomorrow, super excited for that. Other than that, the car has slotted and drilled rotors with what appears to be the stock sport calipers painted red (let me know if you think they are actually Akebonos). No engine mods but it does have a custom carbon fiber steering wheel which is really nice and has great hand grips.

I'm going to be replacing literally all the fluids, spark plugs, and cleaning the throttle bodies here in the next few weeks. Let me know what you guys think about the car! The clutch seems to engage super high and I've already seen the thread on here about adjusting the pedal so we'll see how that goes. I've also tested the clutch by doing a 6th gear pull at about 65 and it doesn't slip yet but 1st gear seems to take a bit to engage. Not sure if that's just how it is since its a bigger car?

Any other newbie tips are welcome and I'm excited to be part of the Infiniti community!

I've had the flu for a few days but finally got a picture of the car with new rubber! The front still has a wheel gap but overall I think these tires look awesome
Old 05-22-2018, 10:21 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Already liked the wheel choice, and now it looks MUCH better with the meat on the tires... NICE!! Mine is Smoky Quartz too. It isn't a popular color for enthusiasts but it's grown on me. If I ever install all that I have in the garage for it, I might fall in love with it... lol

Keep modding and enjoy the drive!
The following users liked this post:
zbaier (05-22-2018)