Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

2012 G37x

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 06:28 AM
Junglejack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 G37x

Hello All,
Picked up a 2012 Moonlite White G37x last afternoon private party listing from down in Atlanta. One owner and Southern owned throughout. It has the Premium package, but does not have the hard drive based navigation. It does have the premium package however. While I would have preferred the RWD model, since I moved back from Siesta Key, Florida to Knoxville, TN, we have had 6 plus inches of snow every winter. While I know snow tires would make the G more than drivable in the snow, weather here is such that it snows for a few days and the vast majority of the time it is close to 60 during the winter.

Also, as aside from 6 months in Florida, it has lived in Georgia throughout, This took many an hour on AutoTrader as the vast majority of G37's I searched for either lived in the upper Midwest up in New England, While I know getting an X greatly reduces aftermarket choices, aside from ditching the Blose system, I only planning to purchase Michelin Pilot Sports that I had used on my Y34 M45 (2003-2004) that I purchased new back when they were blowing them out to make room for the Fuga.

As the tires are literally brand-new (OEM tires), I am thinking more and more about yanking the mediocre "Bose Studio on Wheels. As a professional AV reviewer and after having a JL Audio 12W7 ProWedge alongside Focal Utopia speakers and JL Audio amplifiers and an Alpine 7990 H/U it really is hard for me to enjoy listening to music on this,

Just over 80,000 miles and thankfully the PO just replaced both the tires and the brakes, While I would not have preferred Moonlite White, I was lucky enough to get it below the KBB .
trade in value by about $1000.

Aside from that, this weekend I am planning on putting in Huper Optik nano ceramic tint which is truly astounding in just how well it massively reduces the heat. I truly feel blessed to have it as in Southwest Florida, the weather in Summer is downright cruel and low priced tint does little to nothing aside from reduce the visibility at night.

This model does not have navigation which matters not to me as the Lexus LS460 I am replacing this with, I never used the nav once as my iPhone 7 Plus is both easier to use and far more up to date in terms of new streets, etc.

As I just got home late last night, I have not availed myself of the search function, but I have yanked the Blose system on now 4 vehicles.
Best,
JJ
Old 11-18-2017, 11:44 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Hi JJ, nice intro & welcome to the site!
Glad you found us and sounds like you could be a good source for Audio questions
Enjoy your new G!
Old 11-19-2017, 06:52 AM
Junglejack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the kind welcome. Indeed, getting the audio up to snuff is 1b in my initial list. I need to most likely repaint the front bumper as the PO would not appear to be the best at judging distance as she/he often parked right up against the concrete barrier and the end of many parking spaces with all the attendant scratches on the bottom of the bumper or (air dam ?)

I am coming from a Lexus LS460 that aside from the much better stereo, I really do not miss. Amazing that in spite of the 460 having around 50 additional horsepower, the 37 is much quicker. No doubt some of this (perhaps most) is due to the LS460 no doubt weighing quite a bit more than a G37x.

This website is a fantastic resource and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the administrators, mods, and of course fellow members for making it such a great place,
Best,
JJ
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (11-19-2017)