Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

How do you start your car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 11:32 AM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
People who insist there is an issue with just holding the start button dont understand how modern cars work. Most modern cars dontbeven have to prime the pump. Hell Mitsubishis haven't had to prime the pump on a lot of their cars since the 80s.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
It's not a dumb question, just an outdated one. Some early fuel injected cars did not retain fuel pressure at the rails when the car sat for prolonged periods and the whole "count to 3" thing was to give the fuel pump a second to pressurize the system. Not an issue with modern fuel systems.
The following users liked this post:
hozilla (11-03-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 08:14 PM
hozilla
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for providing that info. Exactly what I was trying to make sense of.

Originally Posted by Victory
It's not a dumb question, just an outdated one. Some early fuel injected cars did not retain fuel pressure at the rails when the car sat for prolonged periods and the whole "count to 3" thing was to give the fuel pump a second to pressurize the system. Not an issue with modern fuel systems.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:31 PM
hozilla
Registered Member

Not sure what your problem is, but okay.

Originally Posted by crookncastle
why you ask? well for starters many here have already stated read you owners manual. second is "KISS" it, as in "Keep It Simple Stupid". btw please don't read this as hostility from me or others here but god damn you are a little slow.
hey you wanna know how i start my car. i run around the car 10 times counter clockwise. then i jump up and down 3 times. i then touch my nose with my left pinky finger. next i grab my crotch and scratch my ***** with my right hand and wait for my ball sack to drop. last i need to blow a fart then i can proceed to press the "start" button as the technique i referenced above will provide optimal fuel injector timing and prevent backfires.
lol......
Old 10-23-2017, 12:25 AM
04G35NYC
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just Press the Clutch and once start button and thats it
Old 10-23-2017, 12:01 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
To the OP, hope this doesn't throw a wrench into your thought process.

Once the car is running, you can quickly double press the start button to kill the car but leave accessory mode on.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:31 PM
hozilla
Registered Member

Nope, not at all! It's such a useful feature.

I'm just going to push to start once like everyone else has been doing. Clearly, priming the fuel pump is a thing of the past that does not apply to modern day vehicles.