Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

My '12 G37 Coupe journey from 128ci, TL, CL-S, SC400, and 325ic

Old 10-09-2017, 08:29 AM
UNLuckyDT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My '12 G37 Coupe journey from 128ci, TL, CL-S, SC400, and 325ic

Hello all, I have made the long journey to being the proud owner of a 2012 Infiniti G37 Coupe in Slate Blue, and I could not be happier! I got an amazing example with low(ish) miles, one previous owner, an amazing price, about as perfect condition as one could expect for a car half a year old.

G37 first day in BR

The deal ended up being so amazing in my favor due to a disasterious flood in Baton Rouge, Louisiana last year....long story short my 2010 Acura TL got a bit of water inside, not in the engine, but it was declared a total loss due to my zip code, without anyone actuary looking at the car it was just towed away, and "totaled". Without a doubt someone is cruising around in that very nice and fun ride to this day...well, it can't be helped at this point. Here is that total loss, flooded car;

Bye bye TLAlso pictures is m perpetual "project car", a 1995 Lexus SC400 in indefinite hold since that flood. Before the TL came 2009 BMW 128i, great little car that I loved as I was a huge proponent of the naturally aspirated straight 6's, I had this for a couple years and while I loved the balanced handling and engine, it was quite small and too expensive for a medical student who only gets part time work for Transcripts at the moment. My mother is also legally blind and obv I need to drive her to many spots, appts and such, that said she still somehow preferred the German, Go figure
Fun lil Bimmer ... I also had a 1995 325ic convertible which was loads of fun in the early 'naughts, but mechanical issues built up too much and I was only out of high school in 2000. Those days I had a '93 Honda Prelude VTEC that I introduced a tree into. The latter won handily. Last old pic here pronto, just showing that I wasn't kidding;
Yea, that used to be a Prelude (amazingly I only was in an induced 3 day coma, broken jaw, several cuts and scars, but No other broken bones or spinal damage, etc..)

Thats enough about out my old rides for now. Also had a 2001 Acura CL Type - S which was fun if a little bland over time.

I am in love with RWD again, it was the main thing the TL lacked, and a 330'hp engine as well. After a year and over 10,000 miles of perfection I am starting to look into possibly personalizing it a little with a few basic modifications. I did this with my Prelude heavily (I/h/e, Tein coil overs, complete sound swap, few cosmetic things), my first 3-series a bit in suspension mods, and a Injen intake on the TL ((for that lovely sound more than anything, plus the different Acura 18's and better tires on them.
I look forward to getting to know you guys and girls better and wish you all a good Monday morning from my locale, sorry for rambling on my first posts, but I've been reading this place/lurking for quite some time, even long before I had my own G. Cheers!
Old 10-09-2017, 11:29 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, nice intro & fun group of rides that you've had. Hope your unlucky times are left behind. Enjoy that nice coupe and enjoy the site! Any plans for this one, maybe some "lucky" charm to hang from your mirror for starters

Search this Thread