MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Corner (https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner-337/)
-   -   My dealership finally convinced me to get one. (https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner/284450-my-dealership-finally-convinced-me-to-get-one.html)

JWade 08-29-2017 07:07 PM

My dealership finally convinced me to get one.

Excited to start this journey, It's been a long time since I had a nice car I was excited about. Just picked up this 2013 G37x with only 20k miles on it from the Infiniti dealership I work for. Prior to this I've been driving junkers as dailies and tend to use my motorcycle for performance and fun. Already been watching YouTube videos of small and large stuff to do with these guys. I bought it certified used so for now I'll be keeping stuff mostly cosmetic. First order of business is going to be blacking out the grill and chrome accents. I really like the look of lips so will be looking into one of those as well.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...d99cdd147e.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...890b856e00.jpg

saywat? 08-29-2017 09:28 PM

ur gonna be disappointed with the lack of cosmetic mods for this car lol

blnewt 08-29-2017 09:32 PM

Congrats & welcome to the site looks like a nice low mile G, should be a good one for a long time!

JWade 08-30-2017 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by saywat? (Post 4155075)
ur gonna be disappointed with the lack of cosmetic mods for this car lol

Multiple choices for lips both front and back, side skirts, hoods, trunks, wings, wheels, led upgrades. There seems to be a good amount of support for these. My last fun car was a dodge neon srt4 which did t have much at all.

I have to check into it and see if a axle back will void my warranty. I want some rumble.

FuzzyG 08-30-2017 05:40 AM

Sweet ride! Looks like your blinker fluid's leaking tho :D

BTW was black your first choice?

blnewt 08-30-2017 08:38 AM

Axle back won't affect your warranty.

JWade 08-30-2017 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by FuzzyG (Post 4155112)
Sweet ride! Looks like your blinker fluid's leaking tho :D

BTW was black your first choice?

If there were other choices no, but I live in upstate NY. So choices were real slim I actually went and looked at a new Honda civic SI and stopped by my dealership because we just took in a wrx but It was beat up. My GM offered me this for $24.5 and compared to anything else it was the best deal. It's super clean and previous owner was in his 60s. Might be a little cliche but I've got tinted vinyl for the taillights and headlights. I'll be blacking the car out. Already looking into the topspeed muffler deletes. I think those sound awesome compared to a lot of the aftermarket exhausts.

saywat? 08-30-2017 03:28 PM

no self respecting grown man should by spending their money on a honda civic. thats embarassing

Landshark 09-01-2017 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by JWade (Post 4155158)
Might be a little cliche but I've got tinted vinyl for the taillights and headlights. I'll be blacking the car out. Already looking into the topspeed muffler deletes. I think those sound awesome compared to a lot of the aftermarket exhausts.

i got the Blue Batmobile (not opaque) tinted GTR tail vinyls, and they look really nice on a black car. the full opaque ones look a little ricey, IMHO, but the tinted look great.

my car already came with a midnight grille, so i just plastidipped the upper and lower chrome strips, and used Glossifier on them.

if you're in Syracuse, you might want to look into another set of wheels and snow tires for the stock wheels. also, Fluid Film the underside to keep it from rusting.

JWade 09-01-2017 05:19 PM

I've used POR15 in the past for rust repair and it works great underneath cars too I'll be sanding down some stuff and coating it with that. I'm trying to grab a winter beater so this doesn't have to deal with a NY winter. Ordered a carbon fiber rear spoiler and looking into a paint matched lip for the front. I found wheels but trying not to spend all my money right now hahaha.

saywat? 09-01-2017 06:43 PM

im curious which lip are u interested in? bc the only one that really looks good is the ts lip

JWade 09-02-2017 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by saywat? (Post 4155696)
im curious which lip are u interested in? bc the only one that really looks good is the ts lip

Thats the one, found one paint matched for $300. Gets rid of the Chrome trim around my fog lights so its even better.

saywat? 09-02-2017 07:15 PM

And let me guess assuming ur gonna do sides ur gonna do ipl sides and maybe splitter?

JWade 09-03-2017 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by saywat? (Post 4155801)
And let me guess assuming ur gonna do sides ur gonna do ipl sides and maybe splitter?

I know ill get **** for this but not a fan of the ipl body pieces at all. Splitters yes, maybe even a aftermarket side skirt.

saywat? 09-03-2017 01:41 PM

Which sides u interested in?