Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Knowledge check on lowering coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:59 PM
dedmanchan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knowledge check on lowering coupe

Been doing lots of reading the past few days and I want to make sure what I've read is still relevant and up to date.

I'm not looking for slammed, just a little drop to gain a bit more aggressive look from stock sport coupe. This would be achieved with Tanabe NF120 springs on the front and maybe 15mm spacers right?

That setup would keep me from having to worry with a camber kit or rubbing issues if I'm understanding the consensus correctly. And it keeps a relatively stock feel to the ride, which is what I'm looking for.

I plan to look closer at a front lip, foglight add and properly blacked headlights a bit later to pull the look together.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by dedmanchan
Been doing lots of reading the past few days and I want to make sure what I've read is still relevant and up to date.

I'm not looking for slammed, just a little drop to gain a bit more aggressive look from stock sport coupe. This would be achieved with Tanabe NF120 springs on the front and maybe 15mm spacers right?

That setup would keep me from having to worry with a camber kit or rubbing issues if I'm understanding the consensus correctly. And it keeps a relatively stock feel to the ride, which is what I'm looking for.

I plan to look closer at a front lip, foglight add and properly blacked headlights a bit later to pull the look together.
If you're planning this setup I assume you've seen this thread, if not here you go~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...or-your-g.html
Old 09-21-2015, 06:35 PM
dedmanchan

I did see that one. I dont have access to a bandsaw to do that mod properly. It looks very good, though.

The front only NF210 with stock sport rear springs brings the height even front and rear if what I read is correct... or am I being a tard?
Old 09-21-2015, 07:15 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

I did see that one. I dont have access to a bandsaw to do that mod properly. It looks very good, though.

The front only NF210 with stock sport rear springs brings the height even front and rear if what I read is correct... or am I being a tard?
Not sure about that, I'm not current on what difference there is between the regular Journey vs. Sport OEM rear springs. I don't think they drop much, if at all compared to journeys though.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:21 PM
dedmanchan

I see the rear mod now. I apparently glossed over the link. I can definitely manage that, although the front inserts I dont have any way of making.
We will see how it turns out... once I find some front springs
Old 09-22-2015, 08:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

I see the rear mod now. I apparently glossed over the link. I can definitely manage that, although the front inserts I dont have any way of making.
We will see how it turns out... once I find some front springs
Might contact the OP of that thread I linked, I think he can get you a set of those inserts
Old 09-23-2015, 07:28 AM
dedmanchan

I saw he mentioned that but tend to think after much time passes people aren't inclined to keep making them. I'll give it a shot though.

I dropped a post in the classifieds for springs, anywhere else I might take a look before just buying a full set?
Old 09-23-2015, 08:24 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

I saw he mentioned that but tend to think after much time passes people aren't inclined to keep making them. I'll give it a shot though.

I dropped a post in the classifieds for springs, anywhere else I might take a look before just buying a full set?
Not really, but luckily the Tanabes are one of the cheaper prices sets. FWIW you may not even want those spacers in front, the Tanabes are pretty mild and the drop in front should leave you w/ reasonable camber. You'll probably be a bit over spec but should still get good tread wear.
There's a couple threads where they just used front springs, you've probably already seen them during your searching.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:25 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
I wonder how that spacer would work with swift springs?
Not sure if that would put me too far out of alignment and have to buy camber kit for the front. But i am intrigued