Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Somewhat new to the G37 world

Old 08-09-2017, 07:44 PM
smcbrideG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhat new to the G37 world

I purchased my '09 G37 almost 2yrs ago and absolutely love it. Haven't done too much to it yet except vinyl wrap the front end for protection. Fixed a few minor other things like rear cupholder and got new floor mats. I've been getting interested in upgrading the air intake but not sure what brand to go with. I love the g37 androi want to treat her right.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:20 PM
daryn67

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the G37 Forum. I have the The Stillen 3 Air Intake System and Cat-Back Exhaust System. It sounds fantastic! Nice little rumble while at idle so not so over bearing but gives the right amount of strength of sound when you hit the peddle! Definitely added some power to the car as well. I'm 49 and wanted a more mature shall I say sense of power than some pocket rocket whiney sounds. To each their own, but for me I love it!! YouTube it. Stillen 3 on G37.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site! Glad you signed up and posted your G for us to see. The Gen 3 and the Takeda cold air intakes are the most popular true cold air intakes on the site, either one is a good choice, and like daryn mentioned, paired w/ a catback exhaust is a good plan. If you live where you can add High Flow Cats or test pipes that's another area where you can gain some volume and a bit of assist w/ the butt-dyno
Old 08-10-2017, 08:50 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Welcome to the site but did you "highlight" the vinyl wrap or is it that distinct all the time?
Old 08-12-2017, 07:32 PM
smcbrideG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r2dmax
Welcome to the site but did you "highlight" the vinyl wrap or is it that distinct all the time?
So the vinyl is always like that. I wanted a way to protect the front end without getting one of the car bras. I dislike how they look and don't form to the body. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I definitely don't like the whiney "fart can" sound from most exhaust out there. I want a more throaty sound that sounds more mean.

Search this Thread