Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New member from Trenton, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 PM
djtrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from Trenton, NJ

Hey everyone,

Just bought a 2008 OB G37S. Upgraded from a 96 maxima with 200,000 miles on it and I am enjoying it thus far. Quick question to those with the G37 who have had to use it in snow or ice, how does it handle? A few people have been telling me I should have gotten the all wheel drive but I couldn't pass this deal up.
Attached Thumbnails New member from Trenton, NJ-gride.jpg  
Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum brother. I have an 08 BO G Coupe 6MT and a '96 Maxima with over 220K too. Can't help you with the cold weather question down in southeast TX.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM
djtrump

Thank you Black Betty. Yea I didn't want to give up the Maxima, I had it for eight years, but didn't want the extra car on my insurance at this time. Insurance in NJ is ridiculous. I've been down to San Antonio, my job has our training center there, not sure how far you are from there but the weather is definitely hot.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn homie, im in Robbinsville. Nice to see another local forum member
Old 02-29-2012, 07:12 PM
djtrump

Nice, one of my coworkers lives in Robbinsville, I'm in that area often. If you know of any local detailers who do good work let me know.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Welcome! I am sure you will be fine although if I had the choice I would drive an X in the snow.

You will find lots of good information here and even lots of threads/debates about whether or not you need an X in the snow! lol
Old 02-29-2012, 07:28 PM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by djtrump
Nice, one of my coworkers lives in Robbinsville, I'm in that area often. If you know of any local detailers who do good work let me know.
You might have seen my whip parked out on route 130 then and I go to Oakes Detailing out in Westchester, PA once a year
Old 02-29-2012, 08:01 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by djtrump

Me ....... Though I've only detailed my car. I'm in Millstone.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:40 PM
djtrump

Originally Posted by Tazicon
Welcome! I am sure you will be fine although if I had the choice I would drive an X in the snow.

You will find lots of good information here and even lots of threads/debates about whether or not you need an X in the snow! lol
Thanks! I have yet to try it in snow but it handles great in the rain, felt like I was on dry ground.

Originally Posted by fairladyz34
You might have seen my whip parked out on route 130 then and I go to Oakes Detailing out in Westchester, PA once a year
I'll make sure to look for it next time I'm out that way, I go over by Hamilton Marketplace often. How much do you think Oakes would charge just for an exterior detail?

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Me ....... Though I've only detailed my car. I'm in Millstone.
Oh ok you're pretty close as well. Have you been able to take scratches out fairly well? You'll have to give me some pointers on what equipment to buy.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Enjoy it!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I was out in the snow today, handles great in the snow. However it's heavy as $h!t so braking will probably make you slide if there's a decent amount of snow on the road.

If you have another car to take out in the snow, might as well take that...if not, the g will be fine as long as you don't act reckless.

I have the same model as you. If you had gotten the all wheel drive you would not have gotten the bigger rims (which look nicer imo), the bigger brakes (with sexy looking calipers), paddle shifters, the front sport bumper, illuminated kick plates.... and some other stuff. Weigh all that against a 4wd and you might be more than glad you got the S.

Of course you could get all that stuff separate or the xS but they both would cost a pretty penny.

Anyways enjoy the car, it's a beauty and an awesome pick!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 AM
duke

Welcome. The car handles pretty bad in the snow. But to be honest, it's an amazing car. Even if that means cleaning your driveway of snow for 2 hours and freezing your *** off just so you can make it to your garage. Lol I have one in the same color. You'll grow to love it even more than you do now.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 AM
djtrump

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
Congrats and welcome! Enjoy it!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jesse550
I was out in the snow today, handles great in the snow. However it's heavy as $h!t so braking will probably make you slide if there's a decent amount of snow on the road.

If you have another car to take out in the snow, might as well take that...if not, the g will be fine as long as you don't act reckless.

I have the same model as you. If you had gotten the all wheel drive you would not have gotten the bigger rims (which look nicer imo), the bigger brakes (with sexy looking calipers), paddle shifters, the front sport bumper, illuminated kick plates.... and some other stuff. Weigh all that against a 4wd and you might be more than glad you got the S.

Of course you could get all that stuff separate or the xS but they both would cost a pretty penny.

Anyways enjoy the car, it's a beauty and an awesome pick!
Thanks. Yea all those features are what attracted me to the car. Nice to have a set of rims that don't need upgrading. Luckily I only have a 5 minute commute to work so the snow shouldn't be too much of an issue, especially if we have more winters like this one was.

Originally Posted by duke
Welcome. The car handles pretty bad in the snow. But to be honest, it's an amazing car. Even if that means cleaning your driveway of snow for 2 hours and freezing your *** off just so you can make it to your garage. Lol I have one in the same color. You'll grow to love it even more than you do now.
Lol, this winter wasn't too bad in NJ, I think we got at most an inch. The car is definitely growing on me. The dealer did manage to do a good job covering up little scratches on the interior trim that I'm now noticing though. I've read some of you have brushed the aluminum on the shift ****, are there also any tricks if there are scratches on the chrome door inserts or on the steering wheel? Nothing major but I guess because I just bought it I'm noticing everything.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:13 AM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I used to live in Lawrenceville, nice to see somebody from there final join the forum
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 AM
djtrump

Originally Posted by jhenka
Welcome to the forum! I used to live in Lawrenceville, nice to see somebody from there final join the forum
Thanks! Yea it's good to see other G37 owners in the area. I see you made the move up to Staten Island. Hope NY is treating you good. My gf lives in the Bronx so I'm up that way every now and then.

Quick Reply: New member from Trenton, NJ