Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New member from Trenton, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by djtrump
Thanks! Yea it's good to see other G37 owners in the area. I see you made the move up to Staten Island. Hope NY is treating you good. My gf lives in the Bronx so I'm up that way every now and then.
Oh it's treating me fantastic! Lol if you don't mind me asking how old are you and did you ever go to Lawrence high?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
djtrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jhenka
Oh it's treating me fantastic! Lol if you don't mind me asking how old are you and did you ever go to Lawrence high?
Lol good to hear. I'm 25. I didn't go to Lawrence high but the gym I go to is in Lawrence. I went to the dreaded Trenton Central High, lol, it wasn't too bad though, I enjoyed my time there.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Im in Princeton. When I had to replace my tires, I changed to all season General Max's. Halloween 2011 was the only significant snowfall I drove in and had no issues...
Old 03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
djtrump

Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
Im in Princeton. When I had to replace my tires, I changed to all season General Max's. Halloween 2011 was the only significant snowfall I drove in and had no issues...

Ok cool. The dealer put brand new Hancook tires before selling it to me so hopefully they hold up.

Quick question to all of you guys in the area, where do you go for service or do you do most of it yourself? I've done my own oil changes in my old car, but things like differential fluid change I figure would be better done by a professional.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
There are a few large threads on how the G holds up in the snow. I believe a lot of it has to do with the tires. I run dedicated winter wheels/tires for temps under 40F and the car is very predictable in inclement weather.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
welcome fellow jersey brotha... i've only driven ONCE in the snow... and it was terrible. hahaha a light coat of probably an inch or two on the ground and I thought I was gonna die... well i guess that's a bit dramatic... but it was definitely scary for me because it was my first time with a RWD and I was on summer tires at that time too... but I'm sure hundreds of other G owners have done it... so you can too.

I live in New Brunswick so i'm pretty close by too.. happy modding!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I use Ray Catena for all my servicing needs. I'm not that technically endowed with cars t odo it on my own.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 PM
djtrump

Originally Posted by rks
There are a few large threads on how the G holds up in the snow. I believe a lot of it has to do with the tires. I run dedicated winter wheels/tires for temps under 40F and the car is very predictable in inclement weather.
Yea I was thinking of doing the same, packages are pretty expensive though with the addition of the tire pressure sensors.

Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff
welcome fellow jersey brotha... i've only driven ONCE in the snow... and it was terrible. hahaha a light coat of probably an inch or two on the ground and I thought I was gonna die... well i guess that's a bit dramatic... but it was definitely scary for me because it was my first time with a RWD and I was on summer tires at that time too... but I'm sure hundreds of other G owners have done it... so you can too.

I live in New Brunswick so i'm pretty close by too.. happy modding!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I drove in the snow with summer tires once... ended up in a ditch off of route 1 and 95. Lol. Yea New Brunswick is very close, I've been up that way for a party or two. A lot of my friends went to Rutgers.

Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
I use Ray Catena for all my servicing needs. I'm not that technically endowed with cars t odo it on my own.
Oh ok I'm considering Ray Catena or Infiniti of Willow Grove since I'm right by the bridge into PA. I definitely want to get everything checked out while it's still under warranty (9 more months).
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
gimpy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I live in Central Jersey myself and when I had an 05 G35 cpe. I bought a set of 17 inch base coupe wheels and a set of Blizzak snows to run during the winter. Now I have a G37xS sedan and recently bought a set of 19in coupe wheels which I'm putting Mich Super Sports on and I'll be running snows on the 18s that came on the car. We've been real lucky in NJ as far as snow goes this year but who knows what next winter will bring.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
djtrump

Originally Posted by gimpy
I live in Central Jersey myself and when I had an 05 G35 cpe. I bought a set of 17 inch base coupe wheels and a set of Blizzak snows to run during the winter. Now I have a G37xS sedan and recently bought a set of 19in coupe wheels which I'm putting Mich Super Sports on and I'll be running snows on the 18s that came on the car. We've been real lucky in NJ as far as snow goes this year but who knows what next winter will bring.
Yeah this was a good winter, the one before was a lot worse. I'll probably buy a set of 18s with winter wheels just in case. I also want to powder coat the stock 19s for next year when I swap them out. I'll shoot a message to Neal@tirerack to see which 18s I can throw on that'll fit properly over the big brakes. Which dealer did you go to when living in Central Jersey?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:44 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't go to the dealerships unless you actually have to for major services and shiet.. more often than not you will be able to find out the problem if you just hit up Konrad or Mike (Ohh Noes) from g35nyc.com and they will help you out.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:39 PM
djtrump

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Don't go to the dealerships unless you actually have to for major services and shiet.. more often than not you will be able to find out the problem if you just hit up Konrad or Mike (Ohh Noes) from g35nyc.com and they will help you out.

Yea I've been doing most of the maintenance myself (filter changes, etc.) I just have this squeaking coming from my driver's side window and the same steering wheel trim issue that I wanted to get fixed while the car is still covered under warranty.