Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Overwhelmed - 2009 used car season! G37X shopping time

Old 09-13-2010, 10:07 PM
CleanBaldy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overwhelmed - 2009 used car season! G37X shopping time

Hey all. Well, it's nearly fall so you know what that means... 2009 cars coming off of lease and showing up on the market for the "right price" and in bulk for the picking!

I'm looking at dealers and they're starting to put the 2009 G37's out at < $30,000 pricing.

My problem...
I'm looking for a G37X but that's about as much as I know. I can afford it now that they're < $30,000 but going to look at cars or talking to salespeople, I'm kind of getting upset. The dealer doesn't put all of the options on their paperwork and I'm not sure what to even look for. They're kinda sneaky, aren't they?

On a site note, I also noticed that if you're looking for a 30K+ mile & < $27,000 G37X... Enterprise rental cars is starting to list them up on the car sales site. Sure, rental cars aren't always the best.. but a good deal may be there somewhere for someone. I'm probably not going to go this route, but if someone didn't realize they exist... there's another option for your used car search.

The dealers seem to be able to get me a 2009 G37X in the color/interior I want. I don't really care about Nav. Is there some option I should make sure the car has? I want a graphite interior and the only colors I don't want are black/white/blue. So... as you can imagine, finding the right car for me is pretty easy for a dealer.

I'm trading in my 2006 Mazdaspeed 6... so I haven't really been living in the luxury zone the last 3 years. No leather, no moonroof, no nav or even power seats! I'm looking at all of these G37's and they all seem to have the basics... but... what else is there that I need to know and ask about? I'd hate to pay $27k for one car when the $27k car right next to it has 3 extra options that I didn't know to look for

Thanks and hopefully I'll get into my G37X soon and be a part of this forum with you guys/girls.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Frankyg37s

blutooth,BOSE, hard drive,ipod dock,cruise control speed sensing? ,rain sensing wipers,thats about all i can think of... LOL
Old 09-13-2010, 10:35 PM
CleanBaldy

Thanks franky for the quick reply.

Cruise control speed sensing? Is that something different than normal cruise control on my car now? If it doesn't come as an option does that mean the car doesn't have any sort of cruise control whatsoever?

BOSE = good thought. Didn't realize there was an upgraded audio.

ipod dock? If it doesn't have the dock option, does it still have the 3.5mm input for an aux device?

rain sensing wipers & bluetooth come in a tech/premium package or is everything separate?

Thanks again!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 PM
CleanBaldy

Well, I think I actually found the car!

2009 G37X Sedan W/Premium Package
Red with Graphite interior
31k miles

$26,994

Clean CarFax and they gave me more money than what I wanted for my trade in, leaving me with a nice lump of cash for a down payment.

Also, I got 2.99% APR financing for 60 months

Thoughts? I miss something? I don't need the navigation or built-in Hard Drive, since I don't really care about making a digital music collection. I just listed to whats on the radio.

It doesn't have a spoiler or any of those extras... but I'm sure if I really want them, they'd be cheap to buy and add on myself.

How'd I do?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:57 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
nothing for nothing, some will say you got a great deal and some will say you could have done better. I say as long as you are happy with your purchase that is all that matters. I bought my G new and did not do much research on the used models, so I can't personally tell what is good or bad. The 2.99% APR is pretty standard to what Infiniti has been offering, I locked mine in at 2.99% over 75 months, which is unheard of.

Congrats on your new car, post some pics when you get a chance. Everyone likes to look at them.