MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   NationalGClub (https://www.myg37.com/forums/nationalgclub-133/)
-   -   anyone planning on getting the iphone this summer? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/nationalgclub/163451-anyone-planning-on-getting-the-iphone-this-summer.html)

terryw 06-20-2007 02:56 PM

anyone planning on getting the iphone this summer?

see topic

LEK 06-20-2007 03:14 PM

nope. i think there was a thread about cellphones that talked about this.

terryw 06-20-2007 03:25 PM

i trying to decide between Q or blackjack or iphone. company found out i been running AIM off my USB drive :(, now i need a phone thats easy to use AIM with :(

Stytch 06-20-2007 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by terryw
i trying to decide between Q or blackjack or iphone. company found out i been running AIM off my USB drive :(, now i need a phone thats easy to use AIM with :(

damn son, so did they ban U from using AIM at work???

terryw 06-20-2007 03:33 PM

yeah, chatting programs are banned by IT. thats why ive been running aim via USB flashdrive so it exist in the memory instead of the hdd. but our network engineer noticed my AIM packets one day and immediately called me to make me turn it off.

If anyone can offer any solution around this, itd be great. i dont think encrypting the AIM packets would help since they can still detect the packets, just wont be able to decypher the messages? Im clueless regarding network stuff, so i wouldnt really know.

Stytch 06-20-2007 03:38 PM

yeah, chatting programs are banned by IT. thats why ive been running aim via USB flashdrive so it exist in the memory instead of the hdd. but our network engineer noticed my AIM packets one day and immediately called me to make me turn it off.

DAYUm, he was pressed, the same thing happened to my cousin at her job, she was using myspace and her boss found out and told her and everybody on her floor that they can't get on my space anymore and the computer is for work purposes only:icon43:

lol let me find out that U can get fired for using myspace @ work...:D
in the words of LEK "THAT'S FOCKED UP"

Stytch 06-20-2007 03:41 PM

If anyone can offer any solution around this, itd be great. i dont think encrypting the AIM packets would help since they can still detect the packets, just wont be able to decypher the messages? Im clueless regarding network stuff, so i wouldnt really know.

looks like U will be getting the iphone since it looks like it has fluent internet access:biggthumpup: the commercial is pretty tight

Pratik 06-20-2007 04:03 PM

www.meebo.com ?

terryw 06-20-2007 04:05 PM

banned, as is aimonpsp.com and aimexpress, doesnt all these internet apps still send AIM packets? I was thinking of using AIM's API to just do a custom version on my own website, but a packet is still a packet, the network admin will still be able to detect it i assume..

Pratik 06-20-2007 04:07 PM

Setup a virtual machine (VMWare) and log into it. You should have secure ssl. I even used to run PC Anywhere or any client to access all my apps (AIM, web surf).

terryw 06-20-2007 04:09 PM

cool, thanks pratik, ill look into VMWare

Pratik 06-20-2007 04:11 PM

And if not, just don't use AIM to avoid getting fired! VMWare should do the trick as should PC Anywhere (VMWare is a lot faster though for obvious reasons). PC Anwhere is pretty slow but it definitely works well for AIM and its nice to know your company cant track what you're doing.

terryw 06-20-2007 04:17 PM

hahaha yeah, plus ive been meaning to set one up so i can monitor BT at home hehe. if this works well it sure beats buying a new cell phone just to satisfy my need to use AIM

Pratik 06-20-2007 04:17 PM

Also def take a look at Hamachi as if you're not good with networking, working with VMWare or VNC may be a little over your head. I have used Hamachi personally and its def. easy to setup. Its basically your own private VPN where you would use your remote desktop client to login to your machine. Just set Hamachi as a host on your home machine and you should be good to go. I used to use AIM, go on Driver and download off Giganews from my home machine at work and easy to use.

viscous_g 06-20-2007 04:30 PM

hell, just use xp's built in remote desktop, though you might have to change the port that's used (simple edit of the registry) - it's great to be able to monitor my home machine or stream music off it or whatever, plus you can browse anything on any site thru your remote browser since it doesn't go through the office firewall/site blocker