NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

National G Club Banned From Ioc???

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 PM
LEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nmanti
You can talk about your experiences, but its different to come online and bash them. Unlike alot of the young folk on here, they're not going to come on here and get in a long debate about what happened. They don't have the time and its not in their benifit to go through that.

The point of the arrangement from their side was to get some more "positive" exposure in order to get a solid customer base, and yes, make money. They run a business not a charity shop. They didn't make alot if anything off of us, but were willing to do it due to our volume and the extra advertizing. Gary just being a nice guy had alot to do with it too.
The volume that we sent there was mainly for free stuff, and as far as they could see most of the advertizing was negative.
Hence they decided to back out of the deal.

I personally feel like no further bashing is called for. If your just going for service, I say go to what ever shop you like. If you have a problem, post the facts to keep people informed and move on.

If we want to try to setup relations with a dealership, then we need to do it right. Have the agreement in writting, have good two way communication and respect, and for god sakes some kind of loyality. You can't just jump to the next ship thats gonna give you an extra 2% off.

Well they are the ones that severed ties with us. Not the other way around. They are the ones that told turboneticsg that "NGC is ban from IOC." So maybe you should be talking to them about loyalty as well. True people didn't show up for the meeting. Only you showed up... but is one person not enough? Do they need us to come and bring our brothers, sisters, neighbors as well? Could they have said to reschedule another meeting at a later date to reconcile the differences between the 2 groups? They could have.... but thats not what happened. Did members of NGC bash IOC on a public forum? Yes we did. Did i post good things about my experiences at IOC along with other members on here?? Im sure the threads are still there. So to say that the only publicity they got was bad publicity is exaggerated. Our beef wasn't even with IOC. It was more of the individual SA at that time. Everyone else there has been good from the front desk to the techs. But doesn't compensate for the 1 or 2 crappy SA that we have to deal directly with. Like from day one.. I asked pratik why can't Gary assign us a specific SA to take care of our needs? The answer that we got back is no... anyone of them can take care of us. This was what I was worried about since day one.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:51 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdjafari
First things first..I dont think its appropriate for people who havent used a dealership to comment on its service. Every dealership has stories, we all hated rosenthal b/c we ALL (greg, myself, lek) all had bad experiences there in the past. I defend IOC b/c they have always gone out of their way to help. In addition Gary has always been there to assist and go out of his way and extended a discount to us as members of a club. HOWEVER, as a member of the club when you have a problem, you go to the source of the problem appropriately, you DO NOT come post IMMEDIATELY on a forum blasting the dealership as some have done. I had an oil change done abuot a month ago. While putting my car on the jack, since my cars lowered damaged my passenger side splash guard pretty bad. Well they told me and ordered a new one. Case CLOSED...but to come on here and BLAST IOC for something they are handling...WITHOUT first going to GARY who offered us this service is ridiculous IMHO.

I guess you didnt know Khoa, but IOC offered us up 2-3 different dates. However, most members including myself were unable to make both dates. I remember posting that we NEED every and any member available to make this meet. If they see 2 cars show up from NGC WTF is the point of even having a relationship?? So what 2 less cars...however if 20 cars roll up...thats 20 calls to Infiniti corporate in case something goes bad. so guess how many people ended up at the meeting dhej tried to arrange??? 1...yes 1 only dhej himself...Im sure htat really made our club look organized and willing to work

Sorry man, but its a 2 way street. They took no risk offering a discount, they opened their arms and welcomed us unlike other dealerships around here. Yes they are human and make mistakes, but people should not come blasting them right away. They should first know what they are getting into. I personally wouldnt install an electric engine to run 'hybrid' in my trunk and expect IOC to fix it Even if the service manager claims to do so. In the end its Infiniti's decision, not Billy Bob who works behind the counter. So please understand this concept.

I think your going a little overboard by stating we're blacklisted. John came and blasted IOC but he still goes back...Pratik does, I do..Dhej and a couple others. So please tell me why we keep going back???
~Khoa
I have had serviced at IOC back when Ryan Myer. He was a cool guy. It was only one time and I had no complaint. My point I'm trying to bring across is the good services given to those few that still goes there, are not extended to others. I didn't make up the blacklist statement, that came from the original poster and what he was told. I'm sure you few are still welcome, because money is money to them. It's definitely a 2-way street, when they did us good, what did we do? we promoted them very well by recomending all new peeps to come for the great service and discount and such. I'm sure we brought them some decent business. But when things went sour, what are suppose to do? I didn't get a sense that Gary really stepped in to reassure us it was an isolated incident and/SA and it won't happen again. It simply just turned into blaming us, because they Fed up. It's the same reason I don't like to argue/get mad at my g/f..cuz somehow, she'll turn it around to it being my fault WOMEN!! but that's a whole different story for Dr. Phil.

~Khoa
Old 10-06-2006, 02:54 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by ratm68
I have had serviced at IOC back when Ryan Myer. He was a cool guy. It was only one time and I had no complaint. My point I'm trying to bring across is the good services given to those few that still goes there, are not extended to others. I didn't make up the blacklist statement, that came from the original poster and what he was told. I'm sure you few are still welcome, because money is money to them. It's definitely a 2-way street, when they did us good, what did we do? we promoted them very well by recomending all new peeps to come for the great service and discount and such. I'm sure we brought them some decent business. But when things went sour, what are suppose to do? I didn't get a sense that Gary really stepped in to reassure us it was an isolated incident and/SA and it won't happen again. It simply just turned into blaming us, because they Fed up. It's the same reason I don't like to argue/get mad at my g/f..cuz somehow, she'll turn it around to it being my fault WOMEN!! but that's a whole different story for Dr. Phil.

~Khoa
thats a good comparison....another way to call it is a "biotch" move.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:57 PM
castertroy101

oh oh....i since some trouble in relatinoshipville. ....Khoa remember these key words and you will be just fine " You are right and I was wrong"! No matter what she does even if it IS her fault, you should never make it her fault....its always yours and women always seem to win arguments even if they are caught red handed.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:45 AM
turbonetics-g

I HAD TWO CHOICES: I CALLED ANNAPOLIS AND CHANTILLY

ANNAPOLIS DIDN'T GET BACK WITH ME WITH AN ANSWER.. ABOUT APPROVING THE TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT.. SO I CALLED CHANTILLY-> (MATT)

MATT SPECIFICALLY SAYS "ITS NOT A PROBLEM I WILL REPLACE YOUR TRANNY SINCE TYSONS CORNER ORDERED ME A TRANSMISSION BUT WAS NOT COMFORTABLE TO MESS WITH THE TURBO WRAPPED UNDER THE TRANNY.

MATT SAID.. TWO HOURS EXTRA LABOR CHARGE ONLY.. FOR CLUTCH INSTALL AND MOVING THE TURBO PIPING.

I DROVE 80 MILES AND BROUGHT IT IN "JUST FOR HIM TO LOOK AT IT" TO MAKE SURE IT WILL BE APPROVED... HE PROMISED ME; THAT IT WILL BE REPLACED.

SO I CAME BACK FOR MY APPOINTMENT AND TWO WEEKS LATER. GARY TOLD ME IT WAS NOT APPROVED AND WANT THEIR LOANER (HERTZ) BACK RIGHT AWAY..

I CAME BACK AND MATT WOULDN'T EVEN TALK TO ME, OR APOLOGIZE..

NOW I TRIED TO BRING IT TO ANNAPOLIS; BUT IOC TAINTED BY SERVICE HISTORY BY ADDING A NOTE OF VOIDING WARRANTY B/C OF THE TURBO

INFINITI OF TYSONS CORNER WASN'T EVEN THAT FK'ED UP... THEY JUST SAID SORRY; PUT IT BACK TO STOCK AND I WILL REPLACE THE TRANNY

ITS OKAY TO BE DISAPPOINTED IN A PROMISE.. BUT MY FKING SERVICE HISTORY??????? THAT'S WHAT I AM SO ANGRY ABOUT. NOW I CAN'T GO TO ANY INFINITI DEALERSHIPS..
Old 10-07-2006, 09:46 AM
OhMyG...35

I have never had my car serviced at a dealership so I don't know about Chantilly but why wouldnt you just go to Jim Coleman? It seems like it should be alot closer for you guys down in the D.C. area. I had a friend take is ATI procharged G there and they serviced his car and did not say crap about his upgrades.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:38 PM
pdjafari

ya, i have to agree so they wont replace it...fine. but the fact that they voided your warranty, or messed up your service record is WACK...
Old 10-07-2006, 03:26 PM
ughhness

So tyson's will actually replace your tranny with the turbo kit if you didn't have that history?? I mean they ordered you a tranny so weren't they planning to replace it?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:00 PM
infiniticoupe35

Actually everyone except the tech wanted to replace your transmission under warranty here at IOT. I ordered it and it is still siting right behind my desk lol. The main problem was the tech did not want to be held responsible if he damaged something while taking apart or putting the turbo system back together. Unfortunatly that tech has been here for almost 20years so the service manager tends to do whatever he want. I think it was suggested to charge like three hours COD labor but I guess it never got that far. If you want PM me your vin and I will check into its history.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:21 PM
turbonetics-g

Originally Posted by infiniticoupe35
Actually everyone except the tech wanted to replace your transmission under warranty here at IOT. I ordered it and it is still siting right behind my desk lol. The main problem was the tech did not want to be held responsible if he damaged something while taking apart or putting the turbo system back together. Unfortunatly that tech has been here for almost 20years so the service manager tends to do whatever he want. I think it was suggested to charge like three hours COD labor but I guess it never got that far. If you want PM me your vin and I will check into its history.
Hey infiniticoupe35.. your PM box if full/ I will try to PM you again..
well this is what i tried to send you

Hi! thanks for wanting to look into it. u asked me to PM my vin.. im pretty sure that my vin is forever tainted.. but if u can PLEASE look into it....thanks for commenting on my thread
so was it possible to still preplace the tranny if i pay the 3 hour extra labor cost??? im willing to pay whatever labor cost if u guys will replace the tranny still...im very grateful that u will still look into it.. thank you,.,

JNKCV54E83M212416

Last edited by turbonetics-g; 10-09-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:32 PM
castertroy101

^you might want to remove his name from your post, cause if IOC see's this he might get introuble if they call his GM at the dealership...just watching out for you and him.

edit: never mind he gave his self away in his post....guess it dosnt matter then.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:14 PM
infiniticoupe35

thanks for looking out but its all good.
BTW PM box has been emptied
Old 10-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

I checked your vin in Nissan/Infinitis warranty website for dealers, and I did not see any thing about your warranty being voided.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:03 AM
turbonetics-g

oh.. cool.. thanks so much... Um.. maybe as long as i take it to a different regional approval... when i gave my vin # to annapolis, they said that my maintenence history has " gear box grinding occurs, engine w/ turbo. could not warranty transmission"...
I will try to take it over anapolis again... or maybe another one far away with a different regional warranty dept..
thanks everyone... thankful for the support here.

infiniticoupe35; (IOT) since you guys still have that tranny for me; please let me know if its still possible to replace it if i pay extra for labor.. thanks in advanced
Old 10-10-2006, 09:18 AM
infiniticoupe35

ok i had one of the advisors check this out for me. While you are not "blacklisted" there is a note in your history from IOC that says the warranty was denied per their local infiniti rep. What this means is that no dealer we be able to get the needed aproval from infiniti to perform this job under warranty. Sorry buddy, you got screwed good.

Quick Reply: National G Club Banned From Ioc???