NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

KJR vs UR Pulley?? Which one to get

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:42 PM
G-Tofu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not for AUTOMATIC TRANNY hahaha

Originally Posted by arjunz
what exactly do pulleys do? ..faster acceleration? ...
Old 09-22-2006, 12:54 PM
castertroy101

^hahaha..shut up lee...im auto too....anyhow its suppose to help your engine rev faster and reach your power band quicker. I've done some searching and it doesn't seem to give you any HP gains, but does give some noticable feed back at the low end range. *especially noticable in traffic*
Old 09-22-2006, 12:59 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

it may suck for manuals for those who use engine braking.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
G-Tofu

UR is good.... Your car will rev up quicker.... i was very suprise after it got it installed. for 5 AT, the shop needs a "special tool" to install it and the price is little bit higher lol.....
Old 09-22-2006, 03:21 PM
pdjafari

^^the 'special tool' is called 3 1'' metal hose clamps (about $3) and a breaker bar. Place ratchet onto crank pulley bolt and add a 1/2'' extension bar to the ratchet. make sure the bottom of the extension bar will hit the ground when attempting to open the bolt. Let it 'sit' on the ground making sure socket head is set firmly on crank pulley bolt. DO NOT START car, but simply crank it and BEFORE it starts let go. So your simply turning the key for a split second but not long enough for the engine to turn. This will turn the crank shaft/pulley and cause the socket/ratchet/breaker bar to turn, hitting the floor causing the bolt to come loose. once Loose simply replace pulley relube bolt and put on new gates belts. To tighten you will need to loop the 3 1'' hose clamps together. Loop one end to your front sway bar...and the other end through the holes in the UR crank pulley. Turn the bolt on the crank pulley according to hte appropriate torque specs (using a torque wrench). I tightened mine until I snapped the metal hose clamps which I know is more than enough torque than required for the crank pulley. Have had it on for over a year with no problems.

For a 6MT installs much easier. I installed the crank on both my 5AT and Gregs' 6MT. In a 6MT simply put hte car in 5th gear and have the person hold the brake pedal down as HARD as possible. Loosen crank pulley bolt, do the same when tightening...5th gear brake pedal pushed down all the way..

ON THAT NOTE...i was going to swap out my UR crank pulley for my OEM crank pulley. I accidentally dropped my OEM pulley and broke a piece off. Since this is balanced I cant use it anymore so im stuck w/ my UR. If anybody wants, I am willing to SWAP my black UR crank pulley and gates belts for the OEM crank pulley and OEM belt. Let me know guys..
Old 09-22-2006, 04:11 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by pdjafari
^^the 'special tool' is called 3 1'' metal hose clamps (about $3) and a breaker bar. Place ratchet onto crank pulley bolt and add a 1/2'' extension bar to the ratchet. make sure the bottom of the extension bar will hit the ground when attempting to open the bolt. Let it 'sit' on the ground making sure socket head is set firmly on crank pulley bolt. DO NOT START car, but simply crank it and BEFORE it starts let go. So your simply turning the key for a split second but not long enough for the engine to turn. This will turn the crank shaft/pulley and cause the socket/ratchet/breaker bar to turn, hitting the floor causing the bolt to come loose. once Loose simply replace pulley relube bolt and put on new gates belts. To tighten you will need to loop the 3 1'' hose clamps together. Loop one end to your front sway bar...and the other end through the holes in the UR crank pulley. Turn the bolt on the crank pulley according to hte appropriate torque specs (using a torque wrench). I tightened mine until I snapped the metal hose clamps which I know is more than enough torque than required for the crank pulley. Have had it on for over a year with no problems.

For a 6MT installs much easier. I installed the crank on both my 5AT and Gregs' 6MT. In a 6MT simply put hte car in 5th gear and have the person hold the brake pedal down as HARD as possible. Loosen crank pulley bolt, do the same when tightening...5th gear brake pedal pushed down all the way..

ON THAT NOTE...i was going to swap out my UR crank pulley for my OEM crank pulley. I accidentally dropped my OEM pulley and broke a piece off. Since this is balanced I cant use it anymore so im stuck w/ my UR. If anybody wants, I am willing to SWAP my black UR crank pulley and gates belts for the OEM crank pulley and OEM belt. Let me know guys..
when do u want to swap?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:37 PM
nmanti

tomorrow morning...
see if you can feel a diff...
Old 09-22-2006, 05:01 PM
pdjafari

^^+ 40hp
Old 09-22-2006, 05:47 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by pdjafari
^^+ 40Whp
i corrected it for you!!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:19 PM
KlokDeezal

Terry and John are haters. yall are just mad that I got more mods than both of yall combined
Old 09-23-2006, 02:18 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

what good do mods do you when you dont know how to drive? heh
Old 09-23-2006, 02:28 AM
G-Tofu

^^^hahaha
Old 10-06-2006, 12:51 AM
3500kubik

What kind of belts do I need for the UR set? I bought them used so it didn't come with instructions.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:30 AM
KlokDeezal

Go the UR website and find the pulley and they list the matching belts.

I found my belt off of Ultimate Z's website

www.ultimatez.com
Old 10-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Mase4g63

Lighter pulleys means better engine response

Quick Reply: KJR vs UR Pulley?? Which one to get