Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Autocross at Limerock

Old 10-10-2018, 11:45 AM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Autocross at Limerock

This weekend I went to my first Autocross at Limerock. I'd say its the best value for your money bar none. I am still astounded at how much I learned about handling and race lines in such a short period. Saw many cool cars like, 70s era 911s, a 2019 eurospec Cayman (he won the timetrials), a Ferrari 360, every M-class BMW, a clapped out Trans-Am, and a fully built Camero.
Cost was $250 for nearly 3 full hours of track time*. I do reccomend everyone does this, even if its a 3+ hour drive.

Also very glad that upgraded the rear swaybar so I could learn how well the G can get sideways. But there were caveats to driving such a heavy machine round and round so many times. My front brakes went up in smoke (literally), and the 7AT overheated so I couldn't downshift to 2nd... and a coolant hose sprouted a leak all over the engine bay.
Still totally worth it

I was so busy driving I forgot to take all of the photos. Only have a few that turned out.

Cooling off:
​​​​​​My G37xS, buddies Audi RS4 with many carbon bits.

Group shot: all lined up for the timed laps.

*Our session only had 16 drivers (normally 24) and half of them left halfway through. Which left 8 cars to run buckwild on the big track for 2 hours!
Old 10-10-2018, 09:11 PM
GdaddyNY
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
I would love to do something like this. Sounds like an awesome time.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:24 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Nice! Glad you had fun.

And as you get faster, you'll start to notice you don't actually need a rear swaybar. Most 370Z Auto-X guys run a stiffer front and a stock sway or no sway.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 AM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by GdaddyNY

I would love to do something like this. Sounds like an awesome time.
I recently did the Tire Rack Track Night in America (TNiA) and would definitely recommend that too! With insurance it's about the same price as this autocross, but on the real track!

Search this Thread