MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports / Track (https://www.myg37.com/forums/motorsports-track-56/)
-   -   Suspension track specs? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/motorsports-track/284244-suspension-track-specs.html)

xmajd92 08-17-2017 01:43 PM

Suspension track specs?

What are the ideal camber settings for the track on a coupe?

zer099 08-17-2017 01:55 PM

Depends on the temperature of your tires on the track you are on. Adjust camber to get even tire temps.

xmajd92 08-17-2017 02:20 PM

I see. I also forgot to mention the toe spec also.

Do any of you guys with experience at MSR Houston have anything to add???

slartibartfast 08-17-2017 02:49 PM

Nominally, zero toe up front. A smidge in the back. Will make for a car that doesn't have a good sense of straight ahead on the street, though.

Two degrees negative camber is a good place to start. Monitor tire wear and temperatures.

xmajd92 08-17-2017 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Nominally, zero toe up front. A smidge in the back. Will make for a car that doesn't have a good sense of straight ahead on the street, though.

Two degrees negative camber is a good place to start. Monitor tire wear and temperatures.

I see thanks Bruce!

bPChaos 08-17-2017 05:15 PM

Yeah, there's a lot of variables that will affect how you align your car for the track. Ultimately, it comes down to what the others said above - even tire temperature and wear across whatever tire you're running (some tires like more camber, others less).

Buy a temperature probe and bring it with you the next time you're out. Check the tires at multiple points across the width of the tire immediately after a run- if it's hotter on the outside, you need more camber, and vice versa.

Having a properly aligned car for the track will affect the life of the tire on the street though - so unless you're only using the car at the track, it's probably best to have it somewhere in between.

Splitter 08-18-2017 09:53 AM

Depends how crazy you want to go, how much track time you'll get, car mods and also how fast you are as a driver. I can't say this is where you should aim, but for me at autocross and track (TWS, COTA)

I run:
- 3/64" toe-out each wheel up front
- 1/32" toe-in each wheel up back (I've heard of lots of folks that run 0, and I tried it, but that was so tail happy I went slow and got frustrated)
- 3.4 degrees negative camber in the front
- 7ish degrees caster up front (SPL control arms maxed out)
- 1.8 degrees negative camber in the back

Depends on suspension and sway bars too. These settings work for me with kW v3's and Hotchkis front bar and running on 200TW and 100TW r-comps

I got to these settings chasing even temps and wear on the track, and because all roads in houston are flat and straight, I get good wear on the street also.

xmajd92 08-18-2017 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Splitter
Depends how crazy you want to go, how much track time you'll get, car mods and also how fast you are as a driver. I can't say this is where you should aim, but for me at autocross and track (TWS, COTA)

I run:
- 3/64" toe-out each wheel up front
- 1/32" toe-in each wheel up back (I've heard of lots of folks that run 0, and I tried it, but that was so tail happy I went slow and got frustrated)
- 3.4 degrees negative camber in the front
- 7ish degrees caster up front (SPL control arms maxed out)
- 1.8 degrees negative camber in the back

Depends on suspension and sway bars too. These settings work for me with kW v3's and Hotchkis front bar and running on 200TW and 100TW r-comps

I got to these settings chasing even temps and wear on the track, and because all roads in houston are flat and straight, I get good wear on the street also.

What part of Houston? Downtown, Med Center, and 288 headed north from Pearland is a nightmare lol

Splitter 08-18-2017 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by xmajd92 (Post 4152861)
What part of Houston?

60 miles a day of glorious I-10 car park for me

xmajd92 08-18-2017 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Splitter
60 miles a day of glorious I-10 car park for me

Ahhh you have it good then. Lol

slartibartfast 08-18-2017 03:32 PM

I have it best. Clear Lake City...and retired.

xmajd92 08-18-2017 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
I have it best. Clear Lake City...and retired.

Yeah Clear Lake is nice.

Splitter 08-18-2017 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by slartibartfast (Post 4152900)
retired.

I like the sound of this bit the best