Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

The G37S is a great track car

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 05:08 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Splitter
Some group called Driven & Blessed are running an event at MSR

Facebook only, and I can't share the link, the forum doesn't like it.

Driven & Blessed LLC, MSRH Open Track Day, August 3rd

I don't know anything about them, so it's a bit of a gamble, but don't need a membership which suits me just fine at the moment with my 64,000 expired memberships used for a single track event. Oh, and there are 5 370z's and a 350z signed up, so I figured it must be the right crowd?
Hey I just stumbled upon this! I'm apart of Driven & Blessed! Let me know if you have questions! We have just started Driven & Blessed and plan to hold many more events in the future! MSR is allowing us to host that event as an Open Track Day event. So only experienced drivers with at least one event under their belt with an instructor can run this time around.

My name is Janarvin by the way!

Last edited by xmajd92; 06-29-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:16 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

I won't be participating but will be hard parking and manning the booth while Splitter runs.

Look out for Gina!The G37S is a great track car-photo338.jpg
Old 06-29-2017, 06:02 AM
Splitter

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Haha, well there you go, it is the right crowd!

Got any spots left for slartibartfast? Maybe an email address he can get in touch to sign up?
Old 06-29-2017, 02:30 PM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Haha, well there you go, it is the right crowd!

Got any spots left for slartibartfast? Maybe an email address he can get in touch to sign up?
Email me at dinamling.j@gmail.com please! Last day to register is tomorrow!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:08 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Email sent.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:23 AM
Splitter

I was just window shopping and found the CSF radiator at $300 off from Z1

https://www.z1motorsports.com/coolin...er-p-7452.html

I wonder if something newer/better is on the horizon
Old 06-30-2017, 01:01 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

They list the rad for the auto as marked down 3 bills too, but that's been there for over a month. I've been window shopping...
Old 06-30-2017, 11:48 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I was just window shopping and found the CSF radiator at $300 off from Z1

https://www.z1motorsports.com/coolin...er-p-7452.html

I wonder if something newer/better is on the horizon
Funny you should mention that. I was talking to John at Z1 about the CSF radiator the other day and he actually recommended the Mishimoto radiator instead because he said he has had to return a lot of the CSF radiators for leaks. He said the Mishimoto was not a triple pass like the CSF, but it was still a big improvement over stock, good quality and comes with a lifetime warranty. The $549 price for that radiator has been on Z1's site for quite a long time.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:59 AM
bsanalyst

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Funny you should mention that. I was talking to John at Z1 about the CSF radiator the other day and he actually recommended the Mishimoto radiator instead because he said he has had to return a lot of the CSF radiators for leaks. He said the Mishimoto was not a triple pass like the CSF, but it was still a big improvement over stock, good quality and comes with a lifetime warranty. The $549 price for that radiator has been on Z1's site for quite a long time.
Probably the same reason why there's always a CSF radiator on the "Liquidation Station" page LOL

From what I've read elsewhere, Mishimoto quality used to be crap. Basically a made-in-taiwan or china brand with a JDM-sounding name. I read MotoIQ and they had an article back in 2009 which called out the terrible quality of their thermostat. They might have improved in the last 8 years, and the lifetime warranty is great too, just something to consider.

Wannabe JDM Companies
Old 06-30-2017, 01:30 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by bsanalyst
Probably the same reason why there's always a CSF radiator on the "Liquidation Station" page LOL

From what I've read elsewhere, Mishimoto quality used to be crap. Basically a made-in-taiwan or china brand with a JDM-sounding name. I read MotoIQ and they had an article back in 2009 which called out the terrible quality of their thermostat. They might have improved in the last 8 years, and the lifetime warranty is great too, just something to consider.

Wannabe JDM Companies
I was a little leary of that as well. Looking at the photos/videos the Mishimoto actually looks a lot nicer than the CSF so maybe they have improved after all.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Mishimoto

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all having an excellent day. I saw Mishimoto being mentioned in this thread and figured I would chime in.

While I completely understand how a company named Mishimoto could be considered or overlooked as " a made-in-taiwan or china brand" , We are actually a US based company with our headquarters in New Castle, Delaware. All of our products are engineered, designed, and tested here at our facility.

Also, Mishimoto products as a whole have a less then 1% failure rating. If you were to have an issue with your product, we back up every single item we make with a lifetime warranty.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly and we would be happy to assist you. We can be reached by phone at 302.762.4501. or by email at support@mishimoto.com

Thank you,
-Jake
Mishimoto
Old 07-14-2017, 05:38 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Thanks for the information and welcome!
Old 07-14-2017, 08:01 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Yeah, welcome!

I would however, like to mention that the vast majority of people that track do in-fact push their cars far harder than anyone simply driving on the street. Hence the higher failure rate. And as the community is rather small, problems tend to be shown with far greater frequency than one might actually think.

Glad that you're standing behind your product, though, and I'm sure a few of us here will take advantage of the closer support.

I really need to hit the track again - but I'm conflicted. Should I continue to track this car? Or should I buy another and relegate this to not-track car? Obviously, Miata, E30 or S2000 comes to mind, but hey, I like being the only G37 at a track most times.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:25 PM
Splitter

Originally Posted by bPChaos
but I'm conflicted. Should I continue to track this car? Or should I buy another and relegate this to not-track car? Obviously, Miata, E30 or S2000 comes to mind, but hey, I like being the only G37 at a track most times.
I bought the G as a nice car to drive to work and play on the weekends instead of buying a cheap truck, trailer and miata.

The depreciation in 18 months would have paid for the miata in full. Plus mods are expensive, also running costs. Financially it's a no brainer, but then if everyone only did things on a financially sound basis (aside from not racing at all) then we'd all be in miata's and you wouldn't see $1,000,000 motor homes, full support crews and Porsche's on track.

You gotta do what fits you, and this car REALLY makes me smile, so I'm going to keep it

Speaking of go-fast bits, I got some K&N filters and Silicon intake tubes installed today. I also ordered a Fast Intentions resonated high flow cat but it's about 2 months out. I've also convinced myself it's time for a tune, so I'll get the cats in and stick it on a dyno. I'm looking for some extra exhaust note and figured I'd do the filters while I was at it prior to the tune, the ponies are a bonus. Maybe I should have just gone for a full CAI but then I probably would have pulled the trigger on the full exhaust, headers and intake manifold and suddenly it's a $5,000 exercise. By that point I DEFINITELY would have also just gone ahead and put a Torsen diff for another minor (in comparison) $3,000.

Slippery slopes, but I think I know where my cliff is

Tomorrow I attempt to install ARP extended wheel studs and chop the tops off my factory wheel nuts to make them fit
Attached Thumbnails The G37S is a great track car-img_20170714_154739.jpg   The G37S is a great track car-img_20170714_173715.jpg   The G37S is a great track car-img_20170714_134413.jpg  
Old 07-14-2017, 08:37 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by bPChaos
[SNIP]...

I really need to hit the track again - but I'm conflicted. Should I continue to track this car? Or should I buy another and relegate this to not-track car? Obviously, Miata, E30 or S2000 comes to mind, but hey, I like being the only G37 at a track most times.
Yeah, this is where I am now. My car is all setup for a track day, but I've been eyeing E30s and Miatas for the purpose. That said, all my track prep has made this car a BEAST in the canyons and I don't have to worry about anything at all with the car. I'll get her back out there, but the original intention was for it to be a daily that could hold it's own at a track day. ...And she absolutely holds her own out there, so no complaints here!

Quick Reply: The G37S is a great track car