Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

The G37S is a great track car

Old 06-23-2017, 03:10 PM
Splitter

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Epiphany- how do you clear engine codes? There is a link for "clearing fault codes," but it just gives me a generic message saying "emissions monitors are reset by the ECU each time fault codes are cleared..."
On the front page of the app, instead of 'realtime information', select 'Fault Codes'
- Scan for Faults
- Options, clear faults

when you get that message, just press the accept button and keep going.
The following users liked this post:
4DRZ (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 03:33 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by bsanalyst
Settings > Manage PID extra PIDs/Sensors > select VVT Oil Temp (you must be connected to the ECU for the app to detect the extra PIDs).

Then you have to add a display to your "real time information" screen and select the VVT Oil Temp.

As far as I know, the VVT oil temp displayed is the correct temp. As splitter said, it is a direct read from the ECU.

Hope that helps!
Originally Posted by Splitter
On the front page of the app, instead of 'realtime information', select 'Fault Codes'
- Scan for Faults
- Options, clear faults

when you get that message, just press the accept button and keep going.
Thanks for the help guys. I knew I had to be missing something. Hopefully, this will work. I will try it as soon as I get a chance.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a little while. Yes, G/S stands for grams per second. It represents the airflow as opposed to MAFV, which represents sensor voltage. Both are used for tuning.

The Intake Air Temp is measured in the MAF. It is separate from the External Air Temp sensor, which is it's own sensor mounted behind the bumper beam.

The Oil Temp is under the Infiniti Advanced PIDs. It is called VVT Oil Temp, or something or other.

It sounds like you already got these things sorted, but if not, ask away- I'm happy to help!
Old 06-24-2017, 12:54 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Thanks for the help. I figured out how to clear CE lights (awesome feature) and how to get the VVT oil temp. Does anyone know an easy way to close the ap entirely without opening up settings? If you close it normally, it stays running, keeps trying to link up with the bluetooth OBDII reader, and drains your battery.

Now I am just trying to find a good mount for it for track days. I picked up one at Best Buy last night that clips onto one line of the vent by the center console and a plastic support secures the other side. Fortunately it seems to work ok since it allows the phone to turn sideways and rest against the factory gauge for more support. Otherwise the vent swings when you corner and the phone flops around a lot- not great for track days.

If anyone has another mounting option they would recommend that you can pick up at Best Buy, Target, etc, please let me know as I have another track day on Wed(not enough time to order anything). I was considering a windshield mount, but the guy at Best Buy said they bounce a bit. I think that might be ok for track days since a race track is a lot smoother than the regular road and it would probably stay planted as far as moving left to right or back to front. Ideas?

Old 06-25-2017, 12:53 AM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Good question - I've been looking for a mount for a little while now. The ProClip mount looks good, but it's expensive (~$150). Someone on this board mentioned this mount:

Amazon Amazon

It secures to a screw behind the dash and sticks out of a gap between the dash and the center 'waterfall' part of the dash. Now, I'm in a different situation than you, as I bought a cheap tablet to run Torque on. So I don't need to remove it, and I can mount it permanently. So as this applies to your question, I don't need to turn the app off while keeping the device on - I just turn off my tablet when I leave the car for a little while. Also, for this mount, I am planning to just use double sided tape to attach it to the arm. But supposedly, you can mount other universal attachments to this arm's platform. I'll follow up when I mount it.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:11 PM
bsanalyst

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I used this for my autox. Holds my phone in place for recording video out of the windshield.

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-26-2017, 02:45 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Thanks for the help guys! The Best Buy vent mount was not ideal, but I found a nice Motortrend windshield mount at Advance Auto Parts that uses a suction cup for only $12. Works much better and puts it in a better line of sight.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:29 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Cool! Glad you got it worked out. To follow up on my post, here are pics of the Panavise mount with my tablet. As you can see, there is a glare issue, I either need to change the angle of it or get an anti-glare screen for it...

Old 06-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Splitter

Be sure to let us know how the track day goes, I expect video!

I am signed up for my next track event (finally!!) on August 3rd. This will be first time out on my new Maxxis RC-1 tires and new 9.5" wide rims, plus with brake cooling ducts. I have all the tools for telemetry logging but I've not used them on track before, so I want to sort all that our first, your insight from today as to the usefulness of Torque on track would be good, otherwise I'm just going to stick it in the center console and look at it after the run.

Also first time at this particular track, so that could be interesting. Also Texas summer heat, but it's the morning only, so I hope it doesn't rain or that temperatures aren't too much of an issue. Got a fair bit of work to prepare, time to get a work plan together and get this in to gear!
Old 06-28-2017, 01:38 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Once you get some heat into those RC-1s, you'll be hauling. Sounds like it's gonna be a good time. Are you running the 275/35 size? And will you be bringing your street tires?

Just got back from Laguna Seca, and had the itch but couldn't squeeze in a run or two as I was doing media coverage for an event. So close and yet so far away.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:59 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
Wow! That is a nice big display, but you are right about the glare. Does the mount flex at all when you corner? It seems like a lot of weight for that mount. I am really digging my windshield mount with my phone. It seems like the digital displays we both picked out are the most legible. Should be great on track!
Old 06-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Splitter

Yep, 275/35

Street tires depend on the weather for the drive to and from, preferably not, but that may be brave in the Houston summer and the often tropical afternoon thunderstorms.. They're not a track capable tire, so it would probably be day over either way if it rains. I'll be going for Toyo r888r's next time to avoid this problem, I just got trigger happy at a great price.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:37 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Where are you running, Splitter? Maybe I should sign up and see what these big Michelin PSSs can do.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:07 PM
Splitter

Some group called Driven & Blessed are running an event at MSR

Facebook only, and I can't share the link, the forum doesn't like it.

Driven & Blessed LLC, MSRH Open Track Day, August 3rd

I don't know anything about them, so it's a bit of a gamble, but don't need a membership which suits me just fine at the moment with my 64,000 expired memberships used for a single track event. Oh, and there are 5 370z's and a 350z signed up, so I figured it must be the right crowd?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:06 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Never heard of them. But then, I don't have a MySpacebook account and don't plan to get one. Googled them but the Facebook site doesn't provide any info other than the event.

I like MSR Houston. I've run two track events and four LeMons races there. Hope you get full 2.3 miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The G37S is a great track car