Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Snow Attack with my G37xS Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 02:50 PM
ChriSX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snow Attack with my G37xS Sedan

Yesterday I've been to the Snow Attack night at Icar Track near Montreal, and I loved it The car is on Nokian Hakka 8 non studded tires, and it was my first time on a track with it. On the video, it seems slower, but I wasn't going really fast too cause it's my daily car and I don't want to break it

Sorry for the fench speaking

Old 10-14-2016, 02:58 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 270 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I love it. The French Canadians LOVE their motorsport!!!

Please post when the next event is... I will drive to Montreal to do this.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:53 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
OH Man I just came across this video but I wish i saw it sooner. I would love to do it too. Just saw their 2017 event was last weekend. Guess there's always next year.

Winter sucks for driving events.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:44 PM
Ace_07
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^^ Hashim, if you don't mind driving to New England (Lakeville, CT -- about 7 hours from Toronto) there are still winter autocross days/classes being run at Lime Rock Park.

Winter Autocross Days | Lime Rock Park

(The dates listed on the above page aren't correct -- still two more classes and one more regular autocross event to run in winter 2017. Check out this link for ticket/event information: https://tickets.limerock.com/eventpe...es.asp?evt=115)

They run the courses on their autocross track (not the main track). They purchased snow making equipment from a local ski slope so they can make snow/ice on the track as long as it's cold enough. I've been to this course several times -- although never on snow. I'm signed up for an upcoming class so hoping to get my G37x (with winter tires!) sliding around!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:39 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Ace_07
^^ Hashim, if you don't mind driving to New England (Lakeville, CT -- about 7 hours from Toronto) there are still winter autocross days/classes being run at Lime Rock Park.

Winter Autocross Days | Lime Rock Park

(The dates listed on the above page aren't correct -- still two more classes and one more regular autocross event to run in winter 2017. Check out this link for ticket/event information: https://tickets.limerock.com/eventpe...es.asp?evt=115)

They run the courses on their autocross track (not the main track). They purchased snow making equipment from a local ski slope so they can make snow/ice on the track as long as it's cold enough. I've been to this course several times -- although never on snow. I'm signed up for an upcoming class so hoping to get my G37x (with winter tires!) sliding around!
This sounds fantastic. It sounds like an even better set up than the Montreal track (no studded tires etc.)

I 'd love to give it a go but there is no way I can make the dates this year, but next year....that something I'd love to plan in advance and make the trip.