Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

GoPro camera mounting location

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 04:23 PM
toyzforme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GoPro camera mounting location

Hey guys those of you that track your car I have a question. Where did you mount the camera so as to get a good view of the run session? Normally I just mount it to the front bumper during autocross races but seeing as this will be a 2.2 mile road course, that is not allowed. I have to get this on camera LOL. I got my Carbotech XP10 brake pads today so I believe that once I bed them in the G is ready for the track.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM
jmueller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toyzforme
Hey guys those of you that track your car I have a question. Where did you mount the camera so as to get a good view of the run session? Normally I just mount it to the front bumper during autocross races but seeing as this will be a 2.2 mile road course, that is not allowed. I have to get this on camera LOL. I got my Carbotech XP10 brake pads today so I believe that once I bed them in the G is ready for the track.
Not sure if this is too late for you now, but I just recently bought this Amazon.com: Pedco UltraClamp Assembly: Sports & Outdoors

If the Gopro has the standard camera mount (I have the Contour) then you could mount it inside and clamp it to the visor, rear view mirror, passenger headrest.... Anywhere.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 AM
SkylineAWD

I was wondering the same thing, because I can't figure out how to use the motorsport suction cup mount inside the windshield. It looks like it's only to be used on the outside.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:24 AM
toyzforme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think the go pro has a regular camera mount like that as it comes with its own stuff. I eventually just went into the setting and changed it so that when I mount it to the windshield that even though it is upside down now it will still show right side up when viewed on the computer or TV.

The suction cup that comes with it is very easy to use. Push it onto the surface, as you are pushing the center part slide the handle from one side to the other and it should stick. To remove just slide the handle to the other side and then grab the little tab that is on the suction part to remove it. Simple if you ask me.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:08 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I use a video cam, not a go-pro, and mount it upside-down from the sunroof glass. It's fairly stable and with the UWA lens attached i can capture more of the track + how i'm working the steering wheel for later review.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:36 AM
SkylineAWD

Originally Posted by toyzforme
I dont think the go pro has a regular camera mount like that as it comes with its own stuff. I eventually just went into the setting and changed it so that when I mount it to the windshield that even though it is upside down now it will still show right side up when viewed on the computer or TV.
I didn't know I could change that setting. I guess I should play with it a little more, because that would work perfect.