MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   MODDING 411 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/modding-411-340/)
-   -   water/meth kit n/a (https://www.myg37.com/forums/modding-411/274310-water-meth-kit-n-a.html)

Gfactor_416 03-18-2016 07:14 AM

water/meth kit n/a

Hey,everyone.I was just looking at the AEM and Snow performance water/meth kit.I know the Snow kit can be used on both stock compression and high compression motors.AEM says their kit is for high compression motors,can it also be used on stock compression?Also,I understand tuning with advanced timing will be a benefit.

Will I need two nozzles if I go with Snow Performance?The VQ37HR has two throttle bodies,Snow Performance does not mention adding a extra nozzle,although AEM does.

How much hours or time does advance timing tuning take?Sorry I'm a little new at tuning.

Would it be worth it for a water/meth kit or not?

Thanks

Ape Factory 03-29-2016 11:15 AM

For a naturally aspirated engine, you're not going to gain anything and will most likely loose power. It's really only for forced induction. Cylinder pressure and intake charge temps aren't going to be anywhere near high enough to take advantages of the water/meth injection.

JakeG37 06-26-2016 05:29 PM

I have been interested in this as well. I have a friend at work who says this in fact works well on NA engines. You wont see the same increase as with FI but he does say it is noticeable. I am sure someone has to have tried this on a 370Z or G37 somewhere. I would like to see the results from someone else before I spend that kind of money.

Ape Factory 06-26-2016 06:02 PM

Water/meth kits went mainstream with forced induction cars. They make a huge difference with forced induction where IAT's are much higher due to the air being compressed by a turbo or supercharger. Very popular amongst the Evo crowd (amongst others). You'll see less benefit with n/a as the IAT's aren't as high so there's not as big a drop plus the charge is still atmospheric or vacuum and you're not compressing more air into the cylinder. Take away space for air and fuel by using water/meth, you have less of one or both in the combustion chamber. Nitrous works under a similar principal but the air temp drop with nitrous is substantial plus the "oxide" end of things is like chemical forced induction. There's no oxygen component with water and meth for combustion/power purposes.

Water/meth allows you to run more boost/timing without detonation.

4doorfury 06-27-2016 04:35 PM

There is in fact an oxygen component in water... H2O ...chemistery 101. Sorry but just had to clarify this

Ape Factory 06-27-2016 04:42 PM

Yes but it doesn't separate under combustion conditions. Chemistry 501.

Ape Factory 09-01-2016 12:04 AM

Here's a good vid on the benefits of water injection and how it actually works to make power.
Water injection from the BMW M4 GTS is coming to the mass market - Autoblog

Barely_Lucid 11-06-2019 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ape Factory (Post 4048087)
Yes but it doesn't separate under combustion conditions. Chemistry 501.

lol just came across this... burn!

Ape Factory 11-06-2019 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Barely_Lucid (Post 4259997)
lol just came across this... burn!

Not intended to burn, just a good ribbing! We're all car peeps here :)