MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

g37 mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:47 AM
g37s510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37 mods

Hey. I want to start to add mods to my 08' g37s. let me know if you guys have any suggestions on anything. I'm not looking to empty my bank account either
Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 AM
SilverBullet

Originally Posted by g37s510
Hey. I want to start to add mods to my 08' g37s. let me know if you guys have any suggestions on anything. I'm not looking to empty my bank account either
There a lot of mods that you can do with the G. What are you looking for? Exhaust, intake, HFCs, headers, body kit, overlays, lights, suspension, wheels? The first thing that needs to be done is to drop the G on springs or coilovers. Eibachs are the most popular here.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:50 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
are you going for looks or performance?

most people will say do rims/drop first...

but i went performance/sound

up to you what you want to do...

what's the budget you're working with btw?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 AM
g37s510

first thing i wanted to do is change the exhaust to make it louder. what's the best one out there for a reasonable price
Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 AM
SilverBullet

Originally Posted by g37s510
first thing i wanted to do is change the exhaust to make it louder. what's the best one out there for a reasonable price
How loud do you want to go? Greddy is the loudest. If you want more performance then maybe go Fast Inentions carbon fiber exhaust. There are quite a few exhausts for the G37. Best thing to do is search the forums and youtube for clips.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 AM
heff

lol im sorry but i had to, theres a lot out there search it out brutha and good luck
Old 04-10-2009, 01:10 AM
adam

Heres my 2 cents. There aren't any mods you can do to this car besides the obvious...rims,tints,drop,exhaust,intake,headers, keyless door handle, spoiler.

The only mods I would do is a drop and tints. Maybe rims but stock are pretty nice. Exhaust, intake, headers.....I would say is a waste of money cuz your paying $1,000 for just a different sound. An intake will give you like 3hp on that NA engine and 0lb torque probably and the g is already slow so unless your gonna go with forced induction, your wasting money on all those "performance mods".
Old 04-10-2009, 01:27 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
How loud do you want to go? Greddy is the loudest. If you want more performance then maybe go Fast Inentions carbon fiber exhaust. There are quite a few exhausts for the G37. Best thing to do is search the forums and youtube for clips.
borla has the most gains, i think. i don't think i've seen a dyno of the FI exhaust, but i'm sure it has good gains too, but not as high as borla.

Originally Posted by adam
Heres my 2 cents. There aren't any mods you can do to this car besides the obvious...rims,tints,drop,exhaust,intake,headers, keyless door handle, spoiler.

The only mods I would do is a drop and tints. Maybe rims but stock are pretty nice. Exhaust, intake, headers.....I would say is a waste of money cuz your paying $1,000 for just a different sound. An intake will give you like 3hp on that NA engine and 0lb torque probably and the g is already slow so unless your gonna go with forced induction, your wasting money on all those "performance mods".
i whole-heartedly disagree. a lot of members have posted dyno sheets of several intakes, and they HAVE produced power. you aren't really "wasting money." i did performance mods more for sound than power, and i wanted to make my G more unique than the ones already out there.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 AM
EVO-to-G

since im really bored i'll answer part of your question.

first decide...looks or performance.

since i like performance and you mentioned exhaust i'll talk about that.

as of what i know or think:

most gains: Borla (loud and gargly)
best sounding: Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber (very deep, pretty loud) or MXP (sounds sweet...doesn't seem to be crazy loud or drone much in the vids)
i got: Magnaflow ...why?? cause you can get it for under $500 shipped and thats an amazing deal..and cause the other exhausts are not going to put out $1k worth of HP more lol if any. (deep sounding, not raspy, not crazy loud)

others to think about:
Invidia (on the quite side with a stock exhaust tone)
Fujitsubo (prob the quitest one out there)
HKS(sounds very loud with HFC as i heard).
GTM also just came out with one that looks VERY promising...and if you jump on that group buy they got going on you can get it for a good price.

or you can go Greddy (super loud from what i heard) or Tanabe (quite side) but there both not full cat-backs.

again this is just my opinion i obviously don't own all the exhaust so idk. and i prob left alot out.

also go for some HFC...proven to put down some good gains. Berk or Fast Intentions.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:38 AM
adam

Originally Posted by aliiin
borla has the most gains, i think. i don't think i've seen a dyno of the FI exhaust, but i'm sure it has good gains too, but not as high as borla.

i whole-heartedly disagree. a lot of members have posted dyno sheets of several intakes, and they HAVE produced power. you aren't really "wasting money." i did performance mods more for sound than power, and i wanted to make my G more unique than the ones already out there.
I have yet to see some dyno sheets but untill then, I'll stick with my statement.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 AM
EVO-to-G

I have yet to see some dyno sheets but untill then, I'll stick with my statement.
there are plenty of dyno sheets out there. since you don't seem to search or believe anyone...here...my dyno results with stillen gen 3's: https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...to-follow.html
Old 04-10-2009, 01:49 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Exhaust- Fast Intentions
Intake - Injen CAI or SRI
HFC- Fast Intentions
Headers- Stillen

And a **** reflash!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:58 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

i guess you are lazy then, cause they are all over the forums
Old 04-10-2009, 01:11 PM
TIMMAY

An impressive upgrade to looks for pretty cheap is the Iron Man/ARC Reactor LEDs in your headlights.. do a search.. =P
Old 04-10-2009, 03:26 PM
SilverRSXJezus

"Waste of money" is a relative term, I'll agree with you on that.

However, you're being incredibly ignorant with your "like 3 hp and 0 lb torque" comments and the whole generalization about NA engine with NA mods. Take your uneducated posts elsewhere and try posting that up on an lsx forum and see what kind of responses you'll get. Yeah..you know, longtube headers get like +30 whp.

Peace out, troll.

Quick Reply: g37 mods