MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   MN G CREW (https://www.myg37.com/forums/mn-g-crew-392/)
-   -   **May ZDAYZ 2013 Interest/Information Thread (https://www.myg37.com/forums/mn-g-crew/241180-may-zdayz-2013-interest-information-thread.html)

Songle6MT 10-26-2012 08:20 PM

**May ZDAYZ 2013 Interest/Information Thread

ZDAYZ 2013 dates have been posted May 16th-19th, 2013

ZDAYZ was an awesome car get together that 8 of us MNGC members attended last year as many of you know. I believe, If I remember correctly, there was over 600 cars that were in attendance last year, and I am sure this year will be just as many if not more.

And lets all not forget the opportunity to drive the Tail of the Dragon. What an amazing road at 11 miles long and 318 corners winding through the mountains.

ZdayZ website

ZDayZ 2012

Link to upcoming event's thread

https://www.myg37.com/forums/upcomin...th-2013-a.html

Tail of the Dragon

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.

Now obviously it's early, but the sooner we get a fairly confident number of people the better as we can book one, or several of the very quickly booked rooms/cabins at Fontana Village Resort.

As we discuss possible attendees, routes, etc. I will update this post to keep it as accurate as possible.

Rooms/Hotel

Gave a call to check room availability and price.

The deposit for a cabin is the rate of 1 night. If cancelled more than 30 days prior to event it's a 50 dollar fee.

So, If I get a few people that are ready to fully "committed" I will book a cabin/room etc.

Hotel/Lodge Rooms:
There are currently plenty of hotel rooms available Tevi.
These are 2 queen bed rooms
Rate is 99+tax per night

2 bedroom cabin:
They have a couple of these available left: Himlock cabins
Rate is 149 per night

3 bedroom cabin:
1, yes just 1 left, just like we stayed in last year. 3 bed 2 bath with washer/dryer
Rate is 249 per night

4 bedroom cabin:

None left unfortunately.

Let me know what you guys think ASAP

Attendance:

Andrew (Songle6mt) - IN
Dan (MN-G-Fever) - IN + Rider
Trev (SuperCleanG) - IN
Janik (WannabeSport) - IN?
Dawn (DGGal) - IN?
Tevi (Soolman32) - IN + 2 Riders
Diego (VossenG37S) - IN + Vossen Crew
Matt (Noctilucous ) - Tentative

NOTE: Don't know if Diego would be staying with us or not, but we will add him in for now.

Just figured it would be nice to have it all in one place!

MN-G-Fever 10-26-2012 08:25 PM

^^THanks for putting this together Andrew - you can sign me up! I talked to Matt today, he is up in the air since he is going to Cabo earlier that month. I will text Trev to see what that homeboy has been up to. It be good to reunite the MN G Crew and get some good bumpin' in for a week. I still need his 4 song CD he played from Chicago to TN :bowrofl:

Songle6MT 10-26-2012 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3542644)
^^THanks for putting this together Andrew - you can sign me up! I talked to Matt today, he is up in the air since he is going to Cabo earlier that month. I will text Trev to see what that homeboy has been up to. It be good to reunite the MN G Crew and get some good bumpin' in for a week. I still need his 4 song CD he played from Chicago to TN :bowrofl:

No problem!

And that would be awesome if we could get Trev to drive up and meet us there!

I will have to admit, that CD was pretty dang good though. Whenever I heard it, which was quite often, I always found myself bumpin' with him :JAMIN:

SuperCleanG 10-26-2012 08:30 PM

Im in brohams.... For sure

MN-G-Fever 10-26-2012 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by SuperCleanG (Post 3542647)

he// yes!! :biggthumpup: now we need grandpa to get a 370z by spring ;)

WannabeSport 10-26-2012 09:31 PM

I'll go, either ride with Dawn or drive the stock G lol. Dawn said shes going this time around, BTW lol No more 'no women allowed' haha.

SuperCleanG 10-26-2012 09:41 PM

Lol.... Just heard lance is without EVA... That **** blows my mind...

MN-G-Fever 10-26-2012 09:43 PM

haha like tevi said, he would prob bring tina and lana. carrie would prob come along too on this. Just talked with Diego and he is def coming again and is goin to talk to Jav and bring a camera crew. Andrew you need to rep with me n mike :D

soolman32 10-26-2012 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by SuperCleanG (Post 3542647)

That's what I'm talking about :JAMIN:

Yeah I'll most likely bring the fam with me this time around and get a room for us. With that said, I'd recommend you guys getting a cabin big enough just in case the moonshine gets the best of me and I need a place to crash :bowrofl: Dan knows what I'm talking about :thewave:

Songle6MT 10-26-2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3542648)
he// yes!! :biggthumpup: now we need grandpa to get a 370z by spring ;)

Hopefully he gets something by then.. or at least comes along with someone.

Originally Posted by WannabeSport (Post 3542658)
I'll go, either ride with Dawn or drive the stock G lol. Dawn said shes going this time around, BTW lol No more 'no women allowed' haha.

Noted lol. You don't want to take the g sedan down the dragon again? Although i'm sure you would end up drivin' Dawns car anyways lol :thewave:

Originally Posted by SuperCleanG (Post 3542660)
Lol.... Just heard lance is without EVA... That **** blows my mind...

It's definitely weird

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3542661)
haha like tevi said, he would prob bring tina and lana. carrie would prob come along too on this. Just talked with Diego and he is def coming again and is goin to talk to Jav and bring a camera crew. Andrew you need to rep with me n mike :D

Yeah this time around everyone can come! This should be fun if it works out!

That would be sick if they brought a camera crew. It will probably happen Dan :biggthumpup: Officially started a "car" savings account today :)

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 3542663)
That's what I'm talking about :JAMIN:

Yeah I'll most likely bring the fam with me this time around and get a room for us. With that said, I'd recommend you guys getting a cabin big enough just in case the moonshine gets the best of me and I need a place to crash :bowrofl: Dan knows what I'm talking about :thewave:

Haha that's why we need to see who all is seriously interested in coming. Need to get these cabins/rooms locked down ASAP

I think this year I might actually get a little drunk unlike last year ha

MN-G-Fever 10-26-2012 10:10 PM

and we have to see how many red headed midgets to get mikey too and make sure there is enough room for them all :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Songle6MT 10-26-2012 10:17 PM

Also, any opinions on when we should set a "committed" date by?

I'm thinking somewhere in Mid-November would be somewhat reasonable. I can't remember how early we were all committed and paid for last year. Again, the sooner we reserve the cabin(s) the better.

Songle6MT 10-26-2012 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3542667)
and we have to see how many red headed midgets to get mikey too and make sure there is enough room for them all :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

I don't think I ever heard about this red headed midget :confused2:

soolman32 10-26-2012 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Songle6MT (Post 3542670)
I don't think I ever heard about this red headed midget :confused2:

Whaaaaaa :eek: I can't believe you didn't... Well Mikey has a fetish with red headed midget. Basically he wants to drive his car while being straddle by one of them. He actually offer to bring a few of them along in case any of us might be interested as well.

MN-G-Fever 10-27-2012 12:11 AM

Last year Lance was on top of this stuff, we were booked by the end of August I think. I would be down to get a cabin again, that was the ish last year. Since carrie will be coming that will be one room consumed... Diego and Trev could stay with us too. So that leaves Janik, Andrew, Mike/Shannon, Dawn?? and whoever else is interested. Peng would you be interested in joining??

Songle6MT 10-27-2012 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 3542680)
Whaaaaaa :eek: I can't believe you didn't... Well Mikey has a fetish with red headed midget. Basically he wants to drive his car while being straddle by one of them. He actually offer to bring a few of them along in case any of us might be interested as well.

Haha wow. Although, i can see it coming from Mike lol

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3542682)
Last year Lance was on top of this stuff, we were booked by the end of August I think. I would be down to get a cabin again, that was the ish last year. Since carrie will be coming that will be one room consumed... Diego and Trev could stay with us too. So that leaves Janik, Andrew, Mike/Shannon?? and whoever else is interested. Peng would you be interested in joining??

Yeah I know :/ That's why I got this thread rolling haha. I figure give people at least a couple weeks, but maybe that will be too long lol. It looks like they have a few cabins as of a couple days ago still. The count was 19 two bedrooms, 0 three, and 1 four bedroom.

If I remember too I will try and call and get some prices for us. Even a couple 2 bedroom cabins or something wouldn't be bad. Especially if we brought some air mattresses or something we could figure out.

MN-G-Fever 10-27-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Songle6MT (Post 3542687)
Haha wow. Although, i can see it coming from Mike lol

Yeah I know :/ That's why I got this thread rolling haha. I figure give people at least a couple weeks, but maybe that will be too long lol. It looks like they have a few cabins as of a couple days ago still. The count was 19 two bedrooms, 0 three, and 1 four bedroom.

If I remember too I will try and call and get some prices for us. Even a couple 2 bedroom cabins or something wouldn't be bad. Especially if we brought some air mattresses or something we could figure out.

air matresses would be a good call. and otherwise if we could snag that last 4 bedroom that be sick. we would need to get a big a$$ MN G Crew sign to rep outside that cabin and im sure Diego could get a Vossen one as well :D.

So who is officially in:

1. Dan (+1)
2. Andrew
3. Trev
4. Diego (+additional vossen crew?)
3. Janik?
4. Dawn?
5. Matt if he isn't a dbag
6. Tevi (+family)

Who am I missing and what is everyone thoughts on it at this point?

Songle6MT 10-27-2012 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3542688)
air matresses would be a good call. and otherwise if we could snag that last 4 bedroom that be sick. we would need to get a big a$$ MN G Crew sign to rep outside that cabin and im sure Diego could get a Vossen one as well :D.

So who is officially in:

1. Dan (+1)
2. Andrew
3. Trev
4. Diego (+additional vossen crew?)
3. Janik?
4. Dawn?
5. Matt if he isn't a dbag
6. Tevi (+family)

Who am I missing and what is everyone thoughts on it at this point?

lol

Yeah Even if we get the last 4 bedroom then have to get some air mattresses if needed that would work.

Also I have been updating the first post with people :)

Ill have to add Diego as well.

WannabeSport 10-27-2012 02:00 AM

I'll figure out for sure next week if I can go. If I do, i'll be going with Dawn in her car. We're gonna be trip buddies lol.

Songle6MT 10-27-2012 10:53 AM

Alright guys, updated first post with Hotel information.

I'm thinking the sooner I can reserve something definitely the better. See details In first post

MN-G-Fever 10-27-2012 11:33 AM

Well dudes - I have a hold up at the moment, saw an email today I have training during that week in DC until Friday. I am going to see MOnday if I can reschedule this any other time during the year.

Andrew nice job being on top of this, we need to get this booked ASAP to make it happen. I will let you guys know monday what HR tells me

soolman32 10-27-2012 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3542777)
Well dudes - I have a hold up at the moment, saw an email today I have training during that week in DC until Friday. I am going to see MOnday if I can reschedule this any other time during the year.

Andrew nice job being on top of this, we need to get this booked ASAP to make it happen. I will let you guys know monday what HR tells me

Don't let HR push you around, You tell them what's up :11:

MN-G-Fever 10-27-2012 02:00 PM

The problem is i missed this training last year bc of zdayz and miami and i believe its only offered once a year. and i have to get it done within my first two years so next year isnt an option. crossing my fingers

1cleanG 10-27-2012 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Songle6MT (Post 3542769)
Alright guys, updated first post with Hotel information.

I'm thinking the sooner I can reserve something definitely the better. See details In first post

If you haven't, be sure when you inquire about pricing to tell them you're with the ZdayZ group, and ask for the discount. We received a 15% discount last year.
A few of you asked, but no, I won't be going to ZdayZ in 2013. Possibly in 2014 though....glad to see you guys planning this. If I hadn't sold the G, I'd def be in. This winter and next year won't include any "automotive" expenditures...and I'm trrrrrying to avoid any purchases until the new line of Nissans roll out in the next 15 months.

Songle6MT 10-27-2012 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by 1cleanG (Post 3542838)
If you haven't, be sure when you inquire about pricing to tell them you're with the ZdayZ group, and ask for the discount. We received a 15% discount last year.
A few of you asked, but no, I won't be going to ZdayZ in 2013. Possibly in 2014 though....glad to see you guys planning this. If I hadn't sold the G, I'd def be in. This winter and next year won't include any "automotive" expenditures...and I'm trrrrrying to avoid any purchases until the new line of Nissans roll out in the next 15 months.

I did say we were for ZdayZ, but I didn't ask about a discount or anything. Thanks for the heads up Lance!

DGGal 10-29-2012 02:11 AM

talked to the rents about a possible trip to china next year..that was part of the reason i couldn't provide an initial response..you can count me in guys, and janik you BETTER be coming..also, we were talking about a possible trip to the detroit auto show in january to see the unveiling of the new infiniti..anyone else interested in going?? :D

MN-G-Fever 10-29-2012 08:33 AM

Bad news peeps, only expierenced associate conference hosted this year is the week of zdayz and is required for me since I missed last years... I guess I'll be with grandpa lance and attending in 2014 then

Songle6MT 10-29-2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3543261)
Bad news peeps, only expierenced associate conference hosted this year is the week of zdayz and is required for me since I missed last years... I guess I'll be with grandpa lance and attending in 2014 then

Kinda sounds like Tevi and I are the only real serious people that can make it then :(

Well now there is more time for us to plan a seriously epic 2014 trip :JAMIN:

MN-G-Fever 10-29-2012 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Songle6MT (Post 3543267)
Kinda sounds like Tevi and I are the only real serious people that can make it then :(

Well now there is more time for us to plan a seriously epic 2014 trip :JAMIN:

Like I told you this morning Andrew, we are gunna have one he// of a welcome back party for Lance in 2014!!!!!!!!

buGfresh 10-31-2012 08:10 PM

I will also be doing the 2014 trip. I'll still be too stock this year lol. I at least want drop and wheels before going to zdayz

Songle6MT 10-31-2012 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by buGfresh (Post 3544386)
I will also be doing the 2014 trip. I'll still be too stock this year lol. I at least want drop and wheels before going to zdayz

2014 will definitely be the year!

soolman32 10-31-2012 10:54 PM

Is it fair to say 2013 is a no go then? Probably best after thinking through. Not to mention it'll give me a solid year to take my G to the next level of it's JDM conversion :D

MN-G-Fever 10-31-2012 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 3544456)
Is it fair to say 2013 is a no go then? Probably best after thinking through. Not to mention it'll give me a solid year to take my G to the next level of it's JDM conversion :D

Yea I'm a no go now with stupid training I have that week. Let's all plan for 2014 and grandpa can join us too

WannabeSport 11-01-2012 12:48 AM

Spring 2014. Just in time for graduation lol.

Songle6MT 11-01-2012 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 3544456)

Yeah, if we went this year I have a feeling it would just be you and I Tevi :icon43:

I would have had to do some crazy stuff to pull this off as well, it will definitely work out better just to go in 2014. Much more time for planning then as well! And the cars will just be that much more EPIC ;)

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever (Post 3544479)
Yea I'm a no go now with stupid training I have that week. Let's all plan for 2014 and grandpa can join us too

Big welcome back party for Lance :JAMIN:

soolman32 11-01-2012 01:54 PM

Sounds good! We'll wait for Grandpa and his epic new ride. I can picture a repeat of the modding process employed with Eva... Parts before car ;)

Diego@Vossen 11-01-2012 01:57 PM

LMAO^^^ Grandpa Lance :biggthumpup:

1cleanG 11-01-2012 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 3544706)
Sounds good! We'll wait for Grandpa and his epic new ride. I can picture a repeat of the modding process employed with Eva... Parts before car ;)

Dude, ...you probably hit it on the head....

Lindsey comes and sits next to me on the couch last night....looking on the computer. Randomly asks..."why are there so many photos of 370's on the computer?"....wh00ps??????????????????

Also, we sat down and discussed Xmas gifts. She said she's like to pay for an all expenses trip to ZdayZ for me??!!! :JAMIN: I was like....:NOOO: ... :icon11: SAY WHAAAAAT???!!!! She says, "yep, whether it be drive the Impala there, or fly and rent a car".

Told her, hold that thought...won't be going until we have the neXt ride :D

Diego@Vossen 11-01-2012 02:38 PM

Keep me posted on Project 1CleanZ !

soolman32 11-01-2012 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1cleanG (Post 3544731)
Dude, ...you probably hit it on the head....

Lindsey comes and sits next to me on the couch last night....looking on the computer. Randomly asks..."why are there so many photos of 370's on the computer?"....wh00ps??????????????????

Also, we sat down and discussed Xmas gifts. She said she's like to pay for an all expenses trip to ZdayZ for me??!!! :JAMIN: I was like....:NOOO: ... :icon11: SAY WHAAAAAT???!!!! She says, "yep, whether it be drive the Impala there, or fly and rent a car".

Told her, hold that thought...won't be going until we have the neXt ride :D

Lindsey rocks :bowdown: nuff said.

mysticmotion 11-05-2012 02:54 PM

2014 is definitely better than 2013 for myself. Currently job hunting anyways and would have no idea if I could swing it for next spring. Who knows...there's a small chance I could be rolling there in a new G......(TR) :rolleyes:

DGGal 11-05-2012 03:55 PM

^^ooo, way to be sneaky peng :P

WannabeSport 11-05-2012 04:00 PM

My car will have like 90k by 2014 haha. Will be rollin still though! :D

Songle6MT 11-05-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by mysticmotion (Post 3546181)
2014 is definitely better than 2013 for myself. Currently job hunting anyways and would have no idea if I could swing it for next spring. Who knows...there's a small chance I could be rolling there in a new G......(TR) :rolleyes:

For realz? I don't understand your (TR) comment :confused2:

Originally Posted by WannabeSport (Post 3546237)
My car will have like 90k by 2014 haha. Will be rollin still though! :D

Haha If I keep driving like I do, mine will be at probably 110k :dunno:

mysticmotion 11-05-2012 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Songle6MT (Post 3546326)
For realz? I don't understand your (TR) comment :confused2:

GTR. And by small chance, I mean minuscule. Lol.

Songle6MT 11-06-2012 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by mysticmotion (Post 3546403)
GTR. And by small chance, I mean minuscule. Lol.

Haha that was clever and obviously over Janik and I's head tonight. We both had no idea what that meant :icon30:

And ya never know Peng!