Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Admin Vs Stillen Vs Takeda Intakes

Old 08-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Admin Vs Stillen Vs Takeda Intakes

I've been searching and all I can find is conversations about them. But I haven't found any direct data i.e. dyno, etc. Especially takeda don't hear any reviews on them.

Stillen Gen 3:
https://www.stillen.com/stillen-infi...it-402846.html

Takeda Stage 2:
https://afepower.com/afe-power-ta-30...-intake-system

Admin 3":
https://www.administrationtuning.com...t-p/hrmaf3.htm

Just wondering has anyone seen any difference on hp i know it aint a lot but all three have different prices. Need to know if all intakes make the same numbers cause why buy expensive intakes if it makes the same power as others.I know on the adminintakes supposedly makes great power and from seeing the results thats pretty big number for just the intakes thats why curious about them i know intakes wont make that much of a difference or am i wrong. Unless the 3" tubes make a difference of the air volume going to the throttle.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:08 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Theres like 1-2 Admin intake threads with a bunch of info. I think one here and another one was made in technical section.

tl;dr admin intakes perform the best but need a tune to run. Does not run without a tune. Also recommend bigger throttle bodies.

Stillen is next best performing as it has steel elbow joints. No airflow cut like in the pvc.

takeda is basically just like stillen's with pvc elbows and 1 single filter vs 2. Worst performance as the pvc elbow gets bent and restricts airflow. I'm thinking about cutting my intake inlet.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:35 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Admin will grant largest gains in power but, like kroy mentioned, you need bigger TBs and a tune to take full advantage of them. So all of that needs to be taken into account when calculating the total cost of the set-up (aka: $$$). Gen 3 are middle of the road but were arguably the best intakes before Admin intakes came along. Need to cut rad. support to make them work but they're plug and play basically. Kroy said all that needs to be said regarding Takeda.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:46 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Check out AdminTuning's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoF...wRHcAmAcZG9buA
Old 08-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by kroy

takeda is basically just like stillen's with pvc elbows and 1 single filter vs 2. Worst performance as the pvc elbow gets bent and restricts airflow. I'm thinking about cutting my intake inlet.
+1

I cut the inlet when I installed mine, otherwise the coupling is all smashed and distorted. Which basically make the install the exact same as the Stillen.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:17 PM
C-G37
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeahhhh I run R2C so I don't get **** for gains but it sounds good lmao
Old 08-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

Originally Posted by kroy
Theres like 1-2 Admin intake threads with a bunch of info. I think one here and another one was made in technical section.

tl;dr admin intakes perform the best but need a tune to run. Does not run without a tune. Also recommend bigger throttle bodies.

Stillen is next best performing as it has steel elbow joints. No airflow cut like in the pvc.

Yeah I know that in order to take full advantage of the 3” admin intakes you need bigger throttle bodies. I know I heard good reviews on the admin and that’s what i keep coming back. It’s pricey *** hell but I would like to give it a try.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Admin will grant largest gains in power but, like kroy mentioned, you need bigger TBs and a tune to take full advantage of them. So all of that needs to be taken into account when calculating the total cost of the set-up (aka: $$$). Gen 3 are middle of the road but were arguably the best intakes before Admin intakes came along. Need to cut rad. support to make them work but they're plug and play basically. Kroy said all that needs to be said regarding Takeda.
yeah I’ve installed the Stillen on my friends 370z and he had it tune by admin. He made 322whp w/ exhaust and test pipes. No headers tho. I know that the takedas there’s no cutting but from seeing videos I see the inlet slightly bent idk how bent it is but I know regardless it’s best to cut them so they can fit perfect