Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

admin intakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 08:20 PM
AdminTuning

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kroy
^ I'm sorry you took offense at my strong words but the claims are just too hard to digest.

Can you do a back to back with tuned car with stock intake, vs with admin intake? To me, that's an apples to apples comparison.

So fully tuned car, only difference is the intake. Or you can compare your intake with any other well established brand like Stillen Gen3 or Takeda, which are also long tube CAI; albeit not 3". Comparing your intake with another competitors's intake would be the best apples to apples comparison.

If gains are real, I might look into getting it for myself as well because 20whp is crazy.
No offense taken.

And I already did that. That was the video of my coupe doing so. I also described in the description of the video what was kept constant as well as speaking on it on camera. No other hardware was changed. I had the same exhaust, test pipes, Y pipe, same fuel (93), similar IATs, ECTs and oil temperature as well.

My customers have made ~10-11whp more than Z1 and Injen intakes when tuned at other shops. This comes from either them or the tuner that tuned the car, so I do not have dyno sheets or other data to support this. That is one of the reasons why I do my own testing.

Thank you,
The following 3 users liked this post by AdminTuning:
jpowersjr2 (09-19-2017), Kpmikey808 (10-08-2017), PNW_IPL (10-25-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 11:28 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
I asked the tuner and he said he changed the a/f ratio so they were pretty much the same on both runs. If you slap the new intake on and there's no change in a/f ratio, there's no change in flow. I would think the larger tubes would REQURE some tuning due to the airflow around the MAF sensor changing. I saw this on my Nismo R-Tune intake which is 2.75". Comes with venturi fixtures that neck down to stock diameter around the MAF. Take them out and, without tuning, the car doesn't run as well.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:40 AM
Stanford Chiu
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Just my $0.02:

I made 300 RWHP with just Takeda long tubes and an Uprev tune so it is possible to get good gains (10-15whp ish) with just intake + tune. How much of it can be credited to the intake vs the tune is debatable. My tuner has done back to back dyno runs and it seems to show the stock intakes are best.

As for Admin tuning intakes needing 70mm TBs, my buddy has 70MM TBs on his Z and did a back to back dyno with admin intakes. It was underwhelming so he got a refund on the intakes.
The following 3 users liked this post by Stanford Chiu:
Calg37USMC (09-22-2017), kroy (09-25-2017), PNW_IPL (10-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 06:09 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Stanford Chiu
Just my $0.02:

I made 300 RWHP with just Takeda long tubes and an Uprev tune so it is possible to get good gains (10-15whp ish) with just intake + tune. How much of it can be credited to the intake vs the tune is debatable. My tuner has done back to back dyno runs and it seems to show the stock intakes are best.

As for Admin tuning intakes needing 70mm TBs, my buddy has 70MM TBs on his Z and did a back to back dyno with admin intakes. It was underwhelming so he got a refund on the intakes.
Do you think you can get us dyno results?

I'd love the see a comparison between admin intake and any other long tube CAI.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:54 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
changed up

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 08-08-2018 at 11:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
kroy (10-03-2017), PNW_IPL (10-25-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Kpmikey808
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Vegas

Interested in this cai - was also looking at stillen 3 & typhoon

U know any good tuners in vegas & would stock tb be ok with admin cai

Originally Posted by AdminTuning
Strong words.

First thing I'd like to address is having the hood up. I only kept the hood up because that's how you get RPM signal on the dyno.

Secondly. AFR was the same, this can be seen on the dyno chart for both runs, hovering right around ~12.7 or so. IGN, VVEL, Cam phasing was also the same. I did this specifically for the sake of science and for comments like these.

Thirdly. I tested these intakes on a bone stock car and made 22whp. I had to tune the air/fuel because the pipe is larger diameter than stock, without that, the car would not run. I stated that an AF correction will not make 22whp, any tuner knows this. But to further prove my point, I did this most recent test with the AFR the same between runs.

This video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhcYtV-dvjU&t=33s

Finally, these numbers are consistent on other cars with similar mods (and my intakes). You can see that on this video below. 6MT G37 coupe with the same exhaust as me, test pipes, AdminTuning intakes, tuned by me (on the street) and dyno'd on the same dyno, with similar IATs, and the same correction factor. It made 313whp on the first pull, and 309whp on the second pull. Aligns very similarly to the 311whp numbers my 7AT G37 coupe made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeAFX6Pcois

If anyone has more questions, post up.

Thanks,
Old 10-09-2017, 04:48 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Just FYI, Typhoon isn't a true CAI. It's a short ram with crappy heat shield. It does sound nice though.

Source: check out my signature
Old 10-19-2017, 03:54 PM
AdminTuning

Originally Posted by Kpmikey808
Interested in this cai - was also looking at stillen 3 & typhoon

U know any good tuners in vegas & would stock tb be ok with admin cai
Stock TB is great with Admin intakes, I have already proven that.

If you need a good tuner, message me, I can tune remotely.
The following 2 users liked this post by AdminTuning:
jpowersjr2 (10-19-2017), Kpmikey808 (11-28-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
These intakes also have me interested. If I don’t end up s/c I want the most hp I can get for an n/a setup.
The following users liked this post:
Kpmikey808 (11-28-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 07:32 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Is there a splash shield for the G37?
Kpmikey808 (11-28-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 08:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
I think Moncef ought to start a thread on this forum about his remote tuning business.

No particular reason.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
jpowersjr2 (10-24-2017), Kpmikey808 (11-28-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 10:43 AM
AdminTuning

Originally Posted by Rochester
I think Moncef ought to start a thread on this forum about his remote tuning business.

No particular reason.
Kpmikey808 (11-28-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 10:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

OK, obviously there is a particular reason. I'm getting a tune next Spring, six months from now. And I'm weighing options.

4DRZ here on this forum has a modified 6MT Sedan, with a remote UpRev tune from Z1 Motorsports. It's costing him more in time, money and discontent than he ever expected it would. Nearly a year later and he's still not right with the tune, and getting customer support from Z1 is like drilling a hole in your head.

Another friend of mine named Roger has an exhaust-modded Nismo-Z, and he had it remote tuned with EcuTek through Sebastian at Specialty-Z. It was a very positive experience, and he's happy as a clam. However, he shelled out dyno-tune kind of dollars. It wasn't cheap.

And in no less than two hours from right now, I'm going to go visit with a local race shop that I discovered here in Rochester just a few weeks ago. (Who knew? LOL) They say they can Dyno-tune my car with EcuTek software, and I want to learn more, get to know them, etc.

Dyno-tune vs. Remote tune, and UpRev vs. EcuTek. Options, baby.
Kpmikey808 (11-28-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 11:02 AM
AdminTuning

Originally Posted by Rochester
OK, obviously there is a particular reason. I'm getting a tune next Spring, six months from now. And I'm weighing options.

4DRZ here on this forum has a modified 6MT Sedan, with a remote UpRev tune from Z1 Motorsports. It's costing him more in time, money and discontent than he ever expected it would. Nearly a year later and he's still not right with the tune, and getting customer support from Z1 is like drilling a hole in your head.

Another friend of mine named Roger has an exhaust-modded Nismo-Z, and he had it remote tuned with EcuTek through Sebastian at Specialty-Z. It was a very positive experience, and he's happy as a clam. However, he shelled out dyno-tune kind of dollars. It wasn't cheap.

And in no less than two hours from right now, I'm going to go visit with a local race shop that I discovered here in Rochester just a few weeks ago. (Who knew? LOL) They say they can Dyno-tune my car with EcuTek software, and I want to learn more, get to know them, etc.

Dyno-tune vs. Remote tune, and UpRev vs. EcuTek. Options, baby.
Based on what I have learned about you over the years, a dyno tune would be the best option from a GOOD tuning shop. R/T Tuning is what I recommended for you last time.

As far as ECUTEK vs UpRev, for your car, it will not make a difference horsepower or driveability wise.

I actually took an ECUTEK tuned car tuned by another well known shop and made more power and a smoother curve with it when I used UpRev. There were no hardware changes on the car.

I have no issues remote tuning, but it's often times not a one day deal.
Kpmikey808 (11-28-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Based on what I have learned about you over the years, a dyno tune would be the best option from a GOOD tuning shop. R/T Tuning is what I recommended for you last time.
Yep, I remember, and kept notes. R/T Tuning and Kaizen Tuning are the two dyno shops on my short list. However, both are a 6 to 8 hour drive from Western New York. Finding this local shop (Berg Racing) might be exactly what I need.

As far as ECUTEK vs UpRev, for your car, it will not make a difference horsepower or driveability wise.
I suspect you're right, because I'm far more interested in noticeable, drive-able midrange gains than I am in top-end or new rev limits. Low end gains aren't in my sights since swapping in 4.083 gears. However, launch control might be fun to play with. Same for flat-foot shifting at WOT.

I actually took an ECUTEK tuned car tuned by another well known shop and made more power and a smoother curve with it when I used UpRev. There were no hardware changes on the car.
That's awesome. (You're on my short list, too, Moncef. )

I have no issues remote tuning, but it's often times not a one day deal.
Totally understood. Collecting data logs, applying new maps... I think that could actually be fun.
Kpmikey808 (11-28-2017)

Quick Reply: admin intakes