Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

EPS Big Bore Throttle body Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattlorentzoe
I don’t believe so. Check max bore for oem Tb boring. I loved my synolimit. Now I’m running 75mm maxima Tb with the rabbitholemotorsports 75mm conversion. Not here to bash anybody, just listing the options.

What manifold you are running? Tuned on Ecutek?
Old 07-25-2019, 11:54 PM
Black_Vegas
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattlorentzoe
I don’t believe so. Check max bore for oem Tb boring. I loved my synolimit. Now I’m running 75mm maxima Tb with the rabbitholemotorsports 75mm conversion. Not here to bash anybody, just listing the options.
How do you like the 75mm setup and did you have to tune with it like the EPS?
Old 07-26-2019, 02:48 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Of course.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Why not do e85 kit. They are 500ish with hand tuner that adjusts on the fly to concentration. Piggyback harness's and fuel parts come with kit
Old 07-26-2019, 02:37 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfnazi
Why not do e85 kit. They are 500ish with hand tuner that adjusts on the fly to concentration. Piggyback harness's and fuel parts come with kit
Because ethanol will ruin your engine over time. Injectors will fail over time and you will wear out your walls faster. When I mean faster is in 20,000 miles of running E will have you yielding lower numbers for sure.
Fuel dilation will be higher sending Ethanol into your oil diluting the oil over time.

Our cars can handle it however part of the reliability you get with these engines is because of factory tolerances, It makes great power however it's burned faster and not efficiently enough causing it to leak past oil rings into crank case.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:48 PM
BULL
Moderador

I feel most people here need to understand with any of these kits is that if you're having issues it is possible the throttle itself might have crapped out.
All of these kits start using a DE or Maxima throttle to keep the electronics aspects of them working. In the DE forums this was a common problem for individuals who sent their units for porting due to the sensitivity of the TPS part of it. They're all Nissan/Renault units and use the same flange.

As for the wiring, the patch harness should get you functioning and an idle re-learn should do. Again TBs could be faulty, At Nissan it's the first thing that is recommended, a new throttle. Looking back at the OP pics from the looks it looked like these units were used and possibly damaged in the process. There is no explanation why there is intermittent success.

My personal experience was a nightmare trying to get an OEM used unit to relearn, many pedal dances and a bit of work even with Consult.
The issue is that the computer tries to lower the idle however if the TPS is somewhat defective it can't start the procedure until the RPMs lower to the 3 digits. The TPS tells the computer that it's where it needs to be.
If it's not then new throttle, per some of my nissan friends they disconnect a coil to get the RPMs low enough so the program can start the procedure then erase the p0300.

If you're going to attempt this, make sure you have some smart friends and a patient tuner or you'll be making threads like this.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:18 AM
ProjectGX
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ttv36
I know moncef.faik@gmail.com 319.899.9763 from AdminTuning || Tuning Services || 370Z, G37 Intakes || 350Z, G35 Intakes || Oil Catch Can Solutions has tuned quite a few of EPS TB setups. Perhaps he can point you in the right direction?
First of all, I appreciate all the information on this forum thank you. So I decided to bore and polish my throttle bodies as I am all about the sleeper status and also I figured I would save the $800.

The worst case scenario has happened and my G is in limp mode. In reading this thread I thought if anyone can solve my problem it would be Moncef from Admin Tuning but my message was ignored! Flat out ignored!

My hope was a tune would make it work? But if not I was open to getting the bigger TBs.

I do not understand why a tuner who specializes in these vehicles would ignore what would have been a customer? A simple yes I can or no would have sufficed.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:47 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
When did you reach out to him? He's probably got a packed schedule most of the time.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:07 AM
ProjectGX
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
When did you reach out to him? He's probably got a packed schedule most of the time.
3 days ago now, I emailed him and sent a Whatsup msg.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:46 PM
latino914
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by ProjectGX
3 days ago now, I emailed him and sent a Whatsup msg.
He's on vacation in the Virgin Islands until the 13th I believe.
The following users liked this post:
RMB5190 (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 08:55 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
That makes sense. Try reaching out to him after that Project. He's one of the best in the business; I'm sure he'll respond shortly after he returns.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:46 PM
BULL
Moderador

First of all, I appreciate all the information on this forum thank you. So I decided to bore and polish my throttle bodies as I am all about the sleeper status and also I figured I would save the $800.

The worst case scenario has happened and my G is in limp mode. In reading this thread I thought if anyone can solve my problem it would be Moncef from Admin Tuning but my message was ignored! Flat out ignored!

My hope was a tune would make it work? But if not I was open to getting the bigger TBs.

I do not understand why a tuner who specializes in these vehicles would ignore what would have been a customer? A simple yes I can or no would have sufficed.
From what im able to tell the man has created quite the following in tuning and since these cars are a dime a dozen and the fact that ALL VHRs are the same this means anyone with a Journey can hand the sauce with the right parts and tuning.
The guy is really good which means getting ahold with be difficult and repetitive reaching out and/or hostility etc will probably end up getting ignored. For what I see he is on vacation, so keep trying and add him on IG.
Once he starts posting you could try it that way.

I
Old 07-14-2020, 02:20 PM
HIGH JACKER
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear you're having that problem man.
I'm almost sure Moncef hasn't responded do to being out of town.
he's normally prompt when email with a issue when it comes to the G or Z's...
Just from experience you will be in the right hands once he returned your email.
I'm in Cali and these so-called Pro tuners out here are not pro tumors at all. I won't put them on blast but,I've hit up many different tune shops from the Bay Area to LA and no one could solve my problem and once I came on here and posted my issue someone shot me his information. I hit him up that same night and he got back to me ASAP.
Moncef got my car up and running literally in about an hour or two.
He did with no one else could do.
Trust me when I say that you're going to be in the right hands just be patient.
And just a little advice.
I understand the frustration that you're dealing with right now,but don't let it get the best of you and you get on here and say the wrong thing and miss your opportunity to get your car fixed properly buy a good dude.
Trust me he's a good dude and I do not know him personally other than talking to him on the phone and through email for a couple months.
Good luck and if you have any more questions feel free to hit me up....
Old 07-18-2020, 03:08 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
I've tun e85 tune on my hpf kit on my m3 for 60k miles with no issues but I also didnt install some half *** kit