Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

r2c black hex filter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 11:46 AM
hockeyzbh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zonnie
Thanks I looked at the Hex Filter list sand there were so many sizes. Wasn't sure which specific hex filter would bit my existing R2C system..
Do you have a G or a Z? Im trying to find the right size too for my g37
Old 05-14-2017, 02:15 PM
hockeyzbh

Originally Posted by zonnie
Thanks I looked at the Hex Filter list sand there were so many sizes. Wasn't sure which specific hex filter would bit my existing R2C system..

Just talked to importpartspro. They selling them for 105. Id recommend reaching out to them
Old 05-14-2017, 11:12 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by hockeyzbh
Do you have a G or a Z? Im trying to find the right size too for my g37
Black Hex Series Conical Filters
Old 05-19-2017, 12:43 PM
hockeyzbh

Originally Posted by Rochester
I've got them. After three years with the original R2C filters, when I went to replace them, I shelled out the extra cost for the Black Hex.

They're attractive, and there's bragging rights, maybe. But it's not really a performance mod. No change in intake noise nor butt-dyno response. That doesn't mean they aren't a genuinely better air filter, it just means you shouldn't expect to know any different.

Do u have the drop in filters? or the replacement filters for the intake? imports sent me the drop ins instead of the replacement filters. Whats the benefit of the drop ins? should I keep them and buy the replacement ones or return the drop ins and use that towards the replacements?
Old 05-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Do u have the drop in filters? or the replacement filters for the intake?
Pics big as life in comment #6 and Comment #12.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:23 PM
hockeyzbh

Pics big as life in comment #6 and Comment #12.
**** sorry dude haha. I didn't look at the name who posted the pics . Do u know the benefits of the drop in filters by any chance tho? Im debating on whether I should just keep them and get the conical filters on top of them
Old 05-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Im debating on whether I should just keep them and get the conical filters on top of them
I don't understand your question. You either have panel filters inside the OEM airbox, or you have exposed cone filters on your aftermarket intake kit.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:09 PM
hockeyzbh

I don't understand your question. You either have panel filters inside the OEM airbox, or you have exposed cone filters on your aftermarket intake kit.

So u cant use both? Sorry my knowledge of intakes and filters isn't too great. So just to clarify if I have the intake then I wouldn't be able to apply the drop ins correct? I would only be able to install the cone filters?
Old 05-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Rochester
Administrator

So u cant use both?
No, it's one or the other. If you replaced your OEM air box with the R2C intake kit, then no panel filters for you.

In for a penny, so I have to ask... did you buy the car with an intake kit already installed, and just never opened the hood or thought about how this works?
Old 05-19-2017, 02:17 PM
hockeyzbh

No, it's one or the other. If you replaced your OEM air box with the R2C intake kit, then no panel filters for you.

In for a penny, so I have to ask... did you buy the car with an intake kit already installed, and just never opened the hood or thought about how this works?

Tbh yea I bought it with the exhaust and r2c intake kit. I know a decent amount about mods but basic car stuff for some reason I don't know. So I should return the drop ins they gave and get the cone one. I open the hood often. One of my boys runs an auto shop so I do work on the car Im just not that learned with the ins and outs of the car
Old 05-19-2017, 04:14 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Tbh yea I bought it with the exhaust and r2c intake kit. I know a decent amount about mods but basic car stuff for some reason I don't know. So I should return the drop ins they gave and get the cone one. I open the hood often. One of my boys runs an auto shop so I do work on the car Im just not that learned with the ins and outs of the car
you have the R2C hot air intake, so you would need the cone filters.

i have the R2C drop-in panel filters - they replace the stock paper filters that go in the factory airboxes.

unless you remove the R2C intake and re-install the factory air boxes, the drop-in panel filters are no good to you and you should return/exchange them.
The following users liked this post:
hockeyzbh (05-20-2017)