Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help 1A Auto Cold air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 12:17 PM
arian5545
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1A Auto Cold air intakes

Im looking to get some intakes before my tune saw couple reputable options like stillen and K&N but i noticed these 1A auto ones that are $300 cheaper with over 160 sold on eBay, their site also seems reputable but can’t find a single g37 review on them. Anyone heard of these or have them?
Old 05-24-2021, 02:27 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 274 Likes on 184 Posts
This is some ebay garbage, you are better off staying with the stock intake if you aren't going to a long tube setup.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
CAI catch phrase notwithstanding, those are not cold-air intakes. They pull in warm air from the engine bay. Probably a better label would be "short ram". Anyway, if you're looking to maximize gains in your upcoming tune, these things aren't going to help you there.

However, if you like the way they look, and you like the noise they make, and feel good about that decision in the context of spending very little money on the mod, by all means do what you want, you don't owe anyone an explanation. But I wouldn't rationalize their use as a component of your tune.

Welcome to the forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Absinthe (05-25-2021), arian5545 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 03:14 PM
arian5545
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
CAI catch phrase notwithstanding, those are not cold-air intakes. They pull in warm air from the engine bay. Probably a better label would be "short ram". Anyway, if you're looking to maximize gains in your upcoming tune, these things aren't going to help you there.

However, if you like the way they look, and you like the noise they make, and feel good about that decision in the context of spending very little money on the mod, by all means do what you want, you don't owe anyone an explanation. But I wouldn't rationalize their use as a component of your tune.

Welcome to the forum.
would these provide any gains at all? I do like the sound and look and 100 bucks is honestly nothing compared to $600+ On long tube intakes. Or would you recommend just not bothering with these. Also in terms of my upcoming tune what would you recommend I mod for the best gains. Recently got the car all I’ve got done so far is Lowering springs and manzo axleback+muffler delete so it’s pretty much stock right now
Old 05-24-2021, 03:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by arian5545
would these provide any gains at all?
No. Mostly just noise and bragging rights that you have an aftermarket intake kit, such as it is.

Or would you recommend just not bothering with these.
Pass on these things and spend the money on name-brand, high-flow drop-in panels for your OEM airboxes.

Also in terms of my upcoming tune what would you recommend I mod for the best gains. Recently got the car all I’ve got done so far is Lowering springs and manzo axleback+muffler delete so it’s pretty much stock right now
My advice? High-flow cats, and put the mufflers back on.
The following users liked this post:
Birdie (05-25-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 06:39 PM
arian5545
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
No. Mostly just noise and bragging rights that you have an aftermarket intake kit, such as it is.

Pass on these things and spend the money on name-brand, high-flow drop-in panels for your OEM airboxes.

My advice? High-flow cats, and put the mufflers back on.
thanks for the advice rlly appreciate it