MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Intake and Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust-328/)
-   -   Does the VQ37VHR Throttle bodies open 100%? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust/269946-does-the-vq37vhr-throttle-bodies-open-100-a.html)

xnick101 09-04-2015 03:25 PM

Does the VQ37VHR Throttle bodies open 100%?

Does anyone if the throttle bodies on the G37's open 100% from the factory? I know on the g35's they only open up like 75% but you can have uprev to remove that so it can open 100%. Not sure if this is possible on the G37 because of the whole VVEL system, anyone that can chime in?

SpeedBallDEVIL 09-05-2015 01:51 PM

If it doesn't open all the way, there is an engineering reason behind it. You changing that will most likely throw all that development right out the window.

HoldmyMouse 09-05-2015 07:05 PM

If you are looking for better throttle response, search for Sprint booster.

GW330 09-06-2015 12:09 AM

I have an UltraGauge obd2 reader and it only registers about 89% throttle position when im at WOT. Don't really know how accurate it is, hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Surfnazi 09-09-2015 06:11 AM

All the sprint booster does is amplify the signal from the pedal. It's a waste of money you just end up getting full throttle at like 3/4 pedal depression.

Wallasaurus 09-10-2015 11:11 AM

You're going to rationalize why sprint booster works by sharing what they have on their own website? That's like asking Apple why the new iPads are so great...

si_driver 09-10-2015 12:41 PM

I have read some documents on how the VVEL system on Infiniti's work and if I remember correctly the throttle bodies fully open once the car starts and stay open. All the air flow is then controlled by the VVEL system and the ECU.

And I think the throttle bodies are still used as some kind of backup and fully functioning if the VVEL system should have some issues.

Don't quote me on this info as I am not an engine mechanic or engineer and have read the documents a long time ago.

PongSanity 09-11-2015 01:10 PM

Does the VQ37VHR Throttle bodies open 100%?

89% on my 63mm bore TBs using the torque app

xnick101 09-11-2015 01:13 PM

Confirmed with an uprev tuner that they cannot change how much the throttle bodies open for the VQ37HR. It is controlled by VVEL system.

HoldmyMouse 09-11-2015 05:04 PM

Just curious what you are trying to accomplish? More air flow?

xnick101 09-11-2015 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by HoldmyMouse (Post 3948389)
Just curious what you are trying to accomplish? More air flow?

That is correct. Since the throttle bodies are limited you can only get "X" amount of air once the throttle bodies open to what they can from the factory. So once it is opened up 100% you get a higher quantity of air and at a faster rate=More POWAAAAAA :JAMIN: and we like more power. My friend just recently had his g35 coupe tuned and they did that, and now the tires break loose if floors it in first gear. But when you get on it, it is not smooth anymore. The car is more violent. Probably the main reason they don't have it open all the way.

G37Sam 09-12-2015 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by xnick101 (Post 3948393)
That is correct. Since the throttle bodies are limited you can only get "X" amount of air once the throttle bodies open to what they can from the factory. So once it is opened up 100% you get a higher quantity of air and at a faster rate=More POWAAAAAA :JAMIN: and we like more power. My friend just recently had his g35 coupe tuned and they did that, and now the tires break loose if floors it in first gear. But when you get on it, it is not smooth anymore. The car is more violent. Probably the main reason they don't have it open all the way.

As scientific as that post attempted to sound, I'm going to have to disagree with you. The VVEL is carefully tuned to maximize torque across the range and Nissan engineers know better, they did not detune the car or limit throttle just to mess with us.

Without major head work and a header designed to work with it, there will probably be more losses than gains with this. Just because you got a much larger garden hose doesn't mean you're going to always flow more water.

si_driver 09-12-2015 11:36 AM

I have to agree with G37Sam.

the VVEL system controls air flow etc on the G37. If the engine doesn't need more air (by sucking the air in) opening the throttle bodies more isn't going to give you any more power. (like I said earlier - I think the throttle bodies more or less open fully once you start the engine and the air flow is controlled strictly by the VVEL system.).

The only way to get more power in this situation I would say is FI.

ex. if you drink your soda with a regular straw, and then increase the size of the straw yes you will be able to get more soda into your mouth, but will you be able to swallow more. I guess the answer is yes to a point. If you start increasing the size of the straw eventually you get to a point where you just can't use/swallow any more soda..

xnick101 09-12-2015 07:38 PM

I guess you guys have a point

petemo94 09-15-2015 12:46 PM

You must have read the same article I did. See the link below and you'll see an animation of this (showing the TB is wide open).

VVEL | NISSAN | TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES

Originally Posted by si_driver (Post 3948024)
I have read some documents on how the VVEL system on Infiniti's work and if I remember correctly the throttle bodies fully open once the car starts and stay open. All the air flow is then controlled by the VVEL system and the ECU.

And I think the throttle bodies are still used as some kind of backup and fully functioning if the VVEL system should have some issues.

Don't quote me on this info as I am not an engine mechanic or engineer and have read the documents a long time ago.