Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help FI rhfc vs Art pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 12:17 AM
malady

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Bun_Bo_Hue
Thanks for your input and time to post those pics! I do have a question though: Will ART pipes throw a CEL?
most of those points are not relevant anymore since the art pipes came out with v3 with titanium coating and better welds.

not sure on the cracking issue though.

You cannot go wrong with either choice but If your only goal is power then go with test pipes.

no cel for me ^_^

Last edited by malady; 03-21-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:23 AM
Bun_Bo_Hue

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by malady
most of those points are not relevant anymore since the art pipes came out with v3 with titanium coating and better welds.

not sure on the cracking issue though.

You cannot go wrong with either choice but If your only goal is power then go with test pipes.

no cel for me ^_^
Thanks for the info. so just to clarify, art and test pipes are two different things right? or is art pipes considered to be test pipes?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
ART pipes = advanced resonance tuning pipes

Yes its a "modified" test pipes
The following users liked this post:
Bun_Bo_Hue (03-25-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 10:32 AM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
If you are looking for max hp and torque for your money go with the ART pipes. They also create an unbelievable exhaust note when paired correctly.

They are well tested and engineered. The side branch resonators are created to reduce rasp better than any test pipe out there and create low end torque. On my other car I swapped out Berk HFC's to ART pipes and gained both HP and Torque.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:58 AM
Bun_Bo_Hue

Originally Posted by rm2342
If you are looking for max hp and torque for your money go with the ART pipes. They also create an unbelievable exhaust note when paired correctly.

They are well tested and engineered. The side branch resonators are created to reduce rasp better than any test pipe out there and create low end torque. On my other car I swapped out Berk HFC's to ART pipes and gained both HP and Torque.
Thank you for that, my goals are power gains, sound is a plus. And the exhaust i have in mind so far is FI. I eliminated e370 because of the reviews about fitment issues, poor power gains, and low clearance. At the end of the day, I really want an aggressive race-like exhaust sound that is throaty and growls like the gthaus and gives me the best gains and especially clearance because I am slammed with maxed out BC. I know it's a lot to ask, but I currently have topspeed axlebacks and everything seems to sound like it. YouTube videos do no justice.

Can anyone confirm post #20- 1cleanG: "...You gain power with all of them, but you do NOT gain as much TQ from ART pipes vs RHFCs. The midrange TQ from 3k-5k is anywhere from 3-5 ft/lbs of torque lower with the ART pipes. You also don't see HP gains any higher anywhere in the powerban more then 2-3 hp extra from the ART pipes vs the HFCs..."

Last edited by Bun_Bo_Hue; 03-25-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
if you are going with FI exhaust, i suggest you go with FI double resonated test pipes instead of art pipes. The workmanship of the FI products are much better than motordyne see the thread posted by 1cleang which shows motordyne vs FI test pipes, quality of the welds etc.
motordyne pipes always had some issue or the other which is why they kept releasing newer versions v1,v2,v3

i myself run FI exhaust with art pipes, but having heard FI exhaust + FI double resonated test pipes, i must say the full FI combo sounds far better. about the gains I am not sure, but 2-3hp is not noticeable enough for that to be a deciding factory
The following 2 users liked this post by Presto:
Bun_Bo_Hue (03-25-2014), G37Sam (03-25-2014)
Old 03-25-2014, 06:22 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I noticed a bit of childness and personal attacks in this thread. If you can't differ in a mature manner please steer away from the discussion. It will not be tolerated.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Bun_Bo_Hue

Thanks Presto. If you don't mind, could you describe difference in sound when you heard the fi+art and fi+fidrhc?

Last edited by Bun_Bo_Hue; 03-25-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
FI+FIDRTP has a more deeper tone and is louder than FI + ART.
I do not have videos of either combo

one thing i noticed was the fidtrp hangs lower than the art pipes (atleast an inch), so if you are slammed you will scrap over bumps, but then again art got some weird fitment depending on which version you buy and which batch it was produced in so YMMV.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:39 AM
LiLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Art pipes make better low end power correct?
Old 05-24-2014, 11:28 PM
ronn1

#4 - I have never....EVER heard of a FI HFC/RHFC cracking

Old 05-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Just installed my FI RHFC's, absolutely love them. Honestly, I probably would have gone with test pipes, resonated test pipes or even ART pipes, if I thought I would pass inspection. A kid in my car club, with ART pipes or test pipes did just pass inspection, but I didn't want to chance it. I love the sound of the RHFC's, there is a little noticeable power difference too.

After installing the Gen 3, the sound of the VQ changed, adding the FI RHFC's made it sound like the VQ again, but even better. I'm very happy with the route I took, and I hope I pass inspection in August, I assume I will. Is there a break in period for these.

I think no matter what you go with you will most likely be happy, if not for anything else, buy the fact that most of us (most of us) aren't able to try multiple setups, so most of us have OEM to whatever we choose for comparisons, so I think whatever someone chooses, most of the time (most of the time) they will like it.

But does anyone know the break in period or if there is one for the RHFC's?
Old 05-25-2014, 05:25 PM
ronn1

I had FI RHFCs on for 2 years and had to recently take them off to pass Calif smog. Anyway, I wasn't aware of a *break in period* for these. Tony put them on himself and never mentioned it to me.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:32 PM
johnnyblazes

Ok, I have a question for all of you guys here and hope someone can help me out?
I have a 2008 g37s coupe and running a ARK exhaust system on the car. Just last week I install the BERK hfc on them. I hate the hiss sound and also giving me a check engine light. The one good thing I like about the BERK HFC is that the power is very noticeable on my set up now. So I was thinking of changing it to FI HFC or ART pipes. Which one of these 2 will give me good power and no check engine light. Thanks !
Old 07-29-2014, 06:40 AM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ronn1
#4 - I have never....EVER heard of a FI HFC/RHFC cracking

1. I had a bad experience with FI catback v1 which got chocked in the past.
2. FI HFC cells collapsed.
3. Cracked FI "2.5 test pipes ( just nearby the 3 bolts flange ).

All these happened in the past before i stroke my engine.
Now the whole exhaust setup is changed.

Lesson i've learned : Don't count on forums feedbacks all the time ( sorry for that )!
99% of the crowed here swear by FI products but soon you find them in Private classified sections carrying some of their FI stuff .. Especially their RHFC!!!

Last edited by Glover998; 07-29-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Help FI rhfc vs Art pipes