Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Installed Stillen Gen 3 Intake + ARK Test Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 AM
INFINITI G37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Installed Stillen Gen 3 Intake + ARK Test Pipes

Hello Guys..

Yesterday I Installed Stillen Gen 3 Intake + ARK Test Pipes..

I don't know how much HP it added more, but I really really noticed a remarkable increase in Performance and sound.. I don't think the sound changed much, but it became higher in tone..

Here are the stock parts:

and here are the new parts:

The Stillen Intake

The ARK Test Pipes

Plz don't mind the TIDINESS of the chassis
Old 01-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Boywdr

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good stuff lets get a video

Last edited by G37Sam; 01-18-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
The Gen3 is on my list, so if you don't mind, OP, I've got some simple questions.

1. Is the STILLEN on both top pipes just a sticker, so that you can pull it off if you want?

2. Are the pipes polished aluminum, or chromed?

3. I'm seeing polished T-Bolt clamps in the middle, but worm-gear clamps at the throttle body. Is that how Stillen ships the kit, with worm-gear clamps?

4. How do you feel about the couplers? Thin and flimsy (like SPECTRE couplers), or thick and sturdy? They look like SPECTRE couplers, but branded STILLEN.

5. Can you see the polished tubes through the front grille? I was thinking those should get painted flat-black, but if you can't see them... whatever.

6. The intake tube on the left between the MAF and the Rad is all scratched to hell. What's up with that? Was that you, or did it show up damaged?

Thanks, OP! Looking good.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Did you reset the ECU?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM
eddie903

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How hard is the hfc install? is it possible to do on drive on ramps or definitely need a lift? Looks very nice
Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rochester
The Gen3 is on my list, so if you don't mind, OP, I've got some simple questions.

1. Is the STILLEN on both top pipes just a sticker, so that you can pull it off if you want?

3. I'm seeing polished T-Bolt clamps in the middle, but worm-gear clamps at the throttle body. Is that how Stillen ships the kit, with worm-gear clamps?

4. How do you feel about the couplers? Thin and flimsy (like SPECTRE couplers), or thick and sturdy? They look like SPECTRE couplers, but branded STILLEN.

5. Can you see the polished tubes through the front grille? I was thinking those should get painted flat-black, but if you can't see them... whatever.

6. The intake tube on the left between the MAF and the Rad is all scratched to hell. What's up with that? Was that you, or did it show up damaged?

Thanks, OP! Looking good.
bump

Sure would like some insights into these questions. Bumping my own post to see if someone (OP?) wants to comment.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:15 PM
INFINITI G37

Sorry guys for being away abit..
Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
INFINITI G37

yes my friend, it's a sticker and can be taken off..

ummmm.. I don't know actually.. I just bought them and installed them..

yes I think so.. That came with the package and never used anything from anywhere other than the package..

Ofcourse they r thick and sturdy, excellent build quality for sure..

if u try concentrating whats inside the grill u can notice the tubes but only with flash lights or direct lights.. eventhough, it's hard to notice.. no need to paint them black, but u can paint it if u want..

It was me .. (no comment and plz no one asks how ).. that's my signature .. I always leave a mark
*The package was in perfect condition

Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Good man. Thanks for the answers, OP.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 AM
SlimTV
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
OP would it be too much to ask for a sound clip? Those test pipes look kinda funky in a good way. What material are they made of? Is that the way they arrived?- Im not bashing it in any way, but for the price I would expect to see something polished and shiny like the intakes. Is this pic taken after some heat and miles have been put on them? I've heard other test pipes (all with some kind of intake though), and they kinda sound like the coupe exhaust at idle and low RPM. I did hear rasp on some. Do you have any rasp? I'll try to attach a link to a sound clip of Berk test pipes with the gen 3 Stillen intakes. How do yours compare? Last question, do you have any issues with emissions (does it pass inspection)?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM
INFINITI G37

Originally Posted by SlimTV
OP would it be too much to ask for a sound clip? Those test pipes look kinda funky in a good way. What material are they made of? Is that the way they arrived?- Im not bashing it in any way, but for the price I would expect to see something polished and shiny like the intakes. Is this pic taken after some heat and miles have been put on them? I've heard other test pipes (all with some kind of intake though), and they kinda sound like the coupe exhaust at idle and low RPM. I did hear rasp on some. Do you have any rasp? I'll try to attach a link to a sound clip of Berk test pipes with the gen 3 Stillen intakes. How do yours compare? Last question, do you have any issues with emissions (does it pass inspection)?

2007 G35 sedan berk resonated tp's on stock exhaust - YouTube

Hello there
Actually those test pipes are second handed from a trusted friend, he changed his to fast intentions and I took the ARK ones from him..
Regarding the emission test / inspection.. we don't have this in our country
I still don't have a video / sound clip for it right now, but I will do one tomorrow
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by INFINITI G37
Regarding the emission test / inspection.. we don't have this in our country
Wow. I just noticed that.

There's a huge USA-leaning assumption on this forum. I'm guessing the OP is used to that by now.

That's a resonated test-pipe, right? I also just noticed the big phallic-shaped piece before the j-shaped O2 Sensor extender.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
INFINITI G37

Originally Posted by rochester
Wow. I just noticed that.

There's a huge usa-leaning assumption on this forum. I'm guessing the op is used to that by now.

That's a resonated test-pipe, right? I also just noticed the big phallic-shaped piece before the j-shaped o2 sensor extender.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
INFINITI G37

Originally Posted by eddie903
How hard is the hfc install? is it possible to do on drive on ramps or definitely need a lift? Looks very nice

Hi

It can be installed by drive on ramps

Last edited by INFINITI G37; 01-28-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 AM
INFINITI G37

Here'e the Video of the Sound:

Quick Reply: Installed Stillen Gen 3 Intake + ARK Test Pipes