Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

New Motordyne Shockwave E370

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by soolman32
Very nice!! Someone post a soundclip asap!
Not sure if anyone else has installed. I'll post one tonight.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The Invidia is off. Taking a short break before heading to the auto parts store to pick up some anti seize lubricant (I always forget something) to install the MD Shockwave E370. I knew what I was getting, but when I opened up the box to inspect it I got hard. Fully torqued. I was never really a fan of huge tips or blued tips but I just might rock these 5" monstrosities. I opted for 4.5" rolled polished and 5" rolled blue.

Again I want to thank Tony Colette at Motordyne for engineering this beast and making it available to us at a discount. You rock Tony.

I don't have a stock "before" dyno, but I have a dyno of my Berk HFC and Invidia Q300. I will try to get an "after" dyno soon with the Berk HFC and MD Shockwave E370. Then later when I get ART Pipes and M370 intake manifold I'll probably dyno again before and after getting it tuned.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
The Invidia is off. Taking a short break before heading to the auto parts store to pick up some anti seize lubricant (I always forget something) to install the MD Shockwave E370. I knew what I was getting, but when I opened up the box to inspect it I got hard. Fully torqued. I was never really a fan of huge tips or blued tips but I just might rock these 5" monstrosities. I opted for 4.5" rolled polished and 5" rolled blue.

Again I want to thank Tony Colette at Motordyne for engineering this beast and making it available to us at a discount. You rock Tony.

I don't have a stock "before" dyno, but I have a dyno of my Berk HFC and Invidia Q300. I will try to get an "after" dyno soon with the Berk HFC and MD Shockwave E370. Then later when I get ART Pipes and M370 intake manifold I'll probably dyno again before and after getting it tuned.
Betty , for how long you used the invidia ? just curious
Old 06-09-2012, 07:56 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Old 06-09-2012, 08:16 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Not sure if anyone else has installed. I'll post one tonight.
Please do

Definitely interested in seeing the gain this exhaust offer. Thanks in advance for the comparison you'll be posting.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

By the butt dyno I say this is going to be impressive. I'm sO glad I went with 5 inch tips. For anyone who didn't get the tips they wanted I am open to trade with my 2nd set which is 4.5 rolled SS
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Motordyne has always made high quality products for the G/Zs. He stands by his product too. The plenum mods were a hit on the former generations and they stood the test of time. I am glad to see that he is releasing a full line of mods for the current generation.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh god... as if I haven't spent enough money as it is.

Subscribed for vids.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
I'll try to get some pics and vids when I get to install it with my art pipes on tuesday
Old 06-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Why the hell am I posting at 2:52 AM on a Sunday morning? Because I just came back from my initial road test of my MD E370.

Sweet Dear Lord this thing is amazing! I went form being hard to having to clean myself up. Yes, the butt dyno says that the area under the curve is impressive. Yes I feel a significant difference (and yes I will get a dyno soon). Yes it sounds like the gods having passionate sex. There will be a number of people who will purchase this for sound alone and while that's not my thing, I can certainly understand why you would. I'll write up more in a different thread including my installation difficulties (95% my fault) because it will save some of you some time and frustration.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 AM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats man !!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Why the hell am I posting at 2:52 AM on a Sunday morning? Because I just came back from my initial road test of my MD E370.

Sweet Dear Lord this thing is amazing! I went form being hard to having to clean myself up. Yes, the butt dyno says that the area under the curve is impressive. Yes I feel a significant difference (and yes I will get a dyno soon). Yes it sounds like the gods having passionate sex. There will be a number of people who will purchase this for sound alone and while that's not my thing, I can certainly understand why you would. I'll write up more in a different thread including my installation difficulties (95% my fault) because it will save some of you some time and frustration.

Yes! My thoughts exactly.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:54 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
If we are equating the MD exhaust with sex, I need one!!!

But BB, you scare me!!

MD is 10 minutes from my house, I should call Tony, and check one out!!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Stop teasing us. Someone post a video already. Can't wait to hear it!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:09 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Lol @ BB's post! I don't know if I want to hear anyone having sex but I'm sure the MD exhaust will be the next must have on several people's list.

Quick Reply: New Motordyne Shockwave E370