MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Intake and Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust-328/)
-   -   Help Ark or Fast Intentions - which is best? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust/232273-ark-or-fast-intentions-which-is-best.html)

2 G or Not 2 G 02-19-2012 08:53 PM

Ark or Fast Intentions - which is best?

I'm at the point of pulling the trigger on an order for one of these two.

I think I want to keep the stock cats for now, to ensure emissions passes and to reduce sound volume (may upgrade To HFC later).

I'd like opinions on which is best.

Samurai 02-19-2012 09:02 PM

I was debating between these two companies as well. I decided to go with Fast Intentions because of the quality and feed back I got from a lot of the forum members who have the exhaust. Ark was taking too long to release their GRIP series for the X and I was leaning on going to FI for the exhaust note, power, and warranty they provide. Should be here within the first week of April :) can't wait! :BOUNCE:

2 G or Not 2 G 02-19-2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3367514)
I was debating between these two companies as well. I decided to go with Fast Intentions because of the quality and feed back I got from a lot of the forum members who have the exhaust. Ark was taking too long to release their GRIP series for the X and I was leaning on going to FI for the exhaust note, power, and warranty they provide. Should be here within the first week of April :) can't wait! :BOUNCE:

Is FI considered to have superior sound over Ark by most people?

What about in terms of power gains?

Black Betty 02-19-2012 09:05 PM

You're asking a completely subjective opinion. People will vote for whichever they've bought. Or for whichever their friends have. Since you're only asking for peoples' opinions, the ones that can give you an informed opinion are those who have had both systems on their car. Anyone else is just guessing or shooting blind.

2 G or Not 2 G 02-19-2012 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3367517)
You're asking a completely subjective opinion. People will vote for whichever they've bought. Or for whichever their friends have. Since you're only asking for peoples' opinions, the ones that can give you an informed opinion are those who have had both systems on their car. Anyone else is just guessing or shooting blind.

Hopefully many people have heard or been in vehicles that have had either system installed and can comment. So hopefully we're not going to just get people voting for what they bought.

UncleFunkle 02-19-2012 09:14 PM

I am going to pull the trigger when I get back home from this TDY, and I have been reading and reading. One thing that has turned me off from ARK is the lack of info, the poor quality weld photos and the main reason is the companies lack if information on the system and some of the responses they have posted in various forums. I am not looking into FI.

Samurai 02-19-2012 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2 G or Not 2 G (Post 3367516)
Is FI considered to have superior sound over Ark by most people?

What about in terms of power gains?

IMO I think ARK has a better sound over FI, but I choose FI for my own reasons. In terms of power gains, I found their youtube page and saw a couple of clips of a 370z that tested their TP and HFC on their CBE vs stock. They made really good gains for bolt ons. Here is the link:

FastIntentions1's Channel - YouTube

P Casey 02-19-2012 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3367517)

This:biggthumpup:

2 G or Not 2 G 02-19-2012 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by P Casey (Post 3367528)
This:biggthumpup:

I asked for opinions, which by definition are subjective. And people may have been exposed to various exhaust systems on other people's cars and not just their own, so their opinions would be valuable to me and likely others reading this and trying to decide.

P Casey 02-19-2012 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2 G or Not 2 G (Post 3367552)
I asked for opinions, which by definition are subjective. And people may have been exposed to various exhaust systems on other people's cars and not just their own, so their opinions would be valuable to me and likely others reading this and trying to decide.

LuLz, sounds good.

VossenG37S 02-19-2012 10:59 PM

You already know my vote.

soolman32 02-20-2012 01:23 AM

I'd have to go with FI. Now if you wanted the original HKS, it would be a different story.

Kuro 02-20-2012 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 3367708)
I'd have to go with FI. Now if you wanted the original HKS, it would be a different story.

what he said

2 G or Not 2 G 02-20-2012 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by soolman32 (Post 3367708)

Tell me more, please... :bowrofl:

VossenG37S 02-20-2012 08:53 AM

ARK will always be a HKS clone/Copycat. Get original !